Sep 24, 2010, 2:00 AM EDT
Even in the depressingly hockey-free summer, we expect to be a productive bunch here at Pro Hockey Talk. Sometimes it might be difficult to follow our pace. We understand that. For that reason, whenever we can, we’ll put all of the day’s stories in one convenient post called the PHT Nightcap. Enjoy, hockey fans.
Wild play in front of first non-sellout crowd ever – Apparently people in Minnesota found something better to do than watch a mediocre team play a meaningless game.
Is this Kyle Turris’ time to shine? – Hard to believe that guy was once ranked above Patrick Kane according to Central Scouting. Just shows how tough it is to project high school-aged athletes.
League unhappy with Nick Boynton’s throat slashing gesture – People seem to be annoyed with me when I do the cutthroat motion during especially competitive games of Scattegories as well. Fun-killers.
Red Wings unhappy with Brooks Orpik’s knee-to-knee hit on Johan Franzen – Can’t really blame Detroit for that one, can you?
Carey Price sound offs on Habs fans – Oh boy, it could be a long year for Price in Montreal.
What they’re saying about HBO’s series on the Winter Classic – The “24/7″ treatment should be a great thing for the event (and the NHL in general).
Avs forward Peter Mueller suffers another concussion – Hate to hear this news, especially considering the fact that Mueller seemed to really benefit from the change of scenery in Colorado.
Johan Franzen will miss at least three preseason games – Not a great start to the year for the spectacular (but incredibly injury prone) Swede.
Mandi Schwartz receives stem cell transplant – Great news for the sister of Jaden Schwartz as she battles cancer.
Are the Canucks taking a big risk by tweaking Luongo’s style? – I say yes, but we should have a counterpoint from a goalie guru tomorrow. Chances are very good that he’ll make me look silly.
Magnus Paajarvi steals Taylor Hall’s thunder against the Lightning – That totally should have been the original headline to this post.
Bob Probert’s brain donated to concussion researchers by family – Making the most of a sad situation.
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 12
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 16
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 56
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 25
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 24
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 60
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)