Sep 24, 2010, 2:00 AM EST
Even in the depressingly hockey-free summer, we expect to be a productive bunch here at Pro Hockey Talk. Sometimes it might be difficult to follow our pace. We understand that. For that reason, whenever we can, we’ll put all of the day’s stories in one convenient post called the PHT Nightcap. Enjoy, hockey fans.
Wild play in front of first non-sellout crowd ever – Apparently people in Minnesota found something better to do than watch a mediocre team play a meaningless game.
Is this Kyle Turris’ time to shine? – Hard to believe that guy was once ranked above Patrick Kane according to Central Scouting. Just shows how tough it is to project high school-aged athletes.
League unhappy with Nick Boynton’s throat slashing gesture – People seem to be annoyed with me when I do the cutthroat motion during especially competitive games of Scattegories as well. Fun-killers.
Red Wings unhappy with Brooks Orpik’s knee-to-knee hit on Johan Franzen – Can’t really blame Detroit for that one, can you?
Carey Price sound offs on Habs fans – Oh boy, it could be a long year for Price in Montreal.
What they’re saying about HBO’s series on the Winter Classic – The “24/7″ treatment should be a great thing for the event (and the NHL in general).
Avs forward Peter Mueller suffers another concussion – Hate to hear this news, especially considering the fact that Mueller seemed to really benefit from the change of scenery in Colorado.
Johan Franzen will miss at least three preseason games – Not a great start to the year for the spectacular (but incredibly injury prone) Swede.
Mandi Schwartz receives stem cell transplant – Great news for the sister of Jaden Schwartz as she battles cancer.
Are the Canucks taking a big risk by tweaking Luongo’s style? – I say yes, but we should have a counterpoint from a goalie guru tomorrow. Chances are very good that he’ll make me look silly.
Magnus Paajarvi steals Taylor Hall’s thunder against the Lightning – That totally should have been the original headline to this post.
Bob Probert’s brain donated to concussion researchers by family – Making the most of a sad situation.
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 21
- Columbus puts Bobrovsky (groin) on IR, out 4-5 weeks 2
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Olympic odds, Russia’s defense, King Henrik’s new deal, Fire Cappy? and more 27
- With Lundqvist deal done, Sather faces tough questions 11
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension 41
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks 52
- Report: NHL set to finally pay Gretzky at least $7M 15
- Kadri out as falling Leafs start tough stretch vs. Sharks 9
- Wounded Wings: Zetterberg (back) out, joins Datsyuk on shelf 7
- Burrows out with broken jaw (Update: expected to miss at least four weeks) 22
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (52)
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension (41)
- Panthers announced attendance Tuesday night lowest since 2008 (37)
- Islanders embarrassed in fifth consecutive loss (33)