Sep 24, 2010, 12:30 PM EST
About a week ago, we discussed the fact that a knee injury would keep Andrei Markov out of training camp and that there was no timetable for his return. Well, it sounds like there is at least a month-long window for his return, as Renaud Lavoie reports that Markov will be back in October, at least according to Jacques Martin.
Lavoie also notes that Roman Hamrlik, another hobbled Montreal Canadiens defenseman, might resume skating again this weekend. Hamrlik is also dealing with knee problems.
Both situations sound quite fluid and haven’t been confirmed by the players, but getting word from their coach is a solid way to find out that things are looking better. You never know if Markov or Hamrlik will have a setback or two, but the Habs need every bit of help they can get.
After all, as much as Carey Price wants Habs fans to take it easy, that’s like your puppy to be indifferent when you return home from work. (Not likely.)
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 1
- Report: Justin Schultz to be healthy scratch versus Preds 27
- PHT shares #WhyImThankful 8
- Roy: ‘They got away with things that we could not’ 18
- Video: Panthers’ Luongo leaves game due to injury (Updated) 0
- Video: Jets’ Lowry hits Sabres’ Kaleta from behind 6
- Video: Lightning pay tribute to St. Louis 6
- He’s baaaaack: Brodeur joins Blues on tryout basis 20
- Chelios calls ex-teammate Shanahan an inexperienced ‘politician’ 18
- Sharks players go to bat for McLellan: ‘Why would you get rid of him?’ 1
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch (45)