Sep 23, 2010, 5:59 PM EST
Bad news for the Colorado Avalanche today as The Denver Post’s Adrian Dater breaks the story.
Peter Mueller is out indefinitely with another concussion. He suffered it late in last night’s game and a diagnosis wasn’t made until today.
Mueller dealt with concussion issues last season after taking a questionable hit from San Jose’s Rob Blake late last year and missed the rest of the regular season and post-season. For the Avs, this was something they worried about when negotiating with Mueller on a restricted free agency deal. Mueller was being counted on to be one of the Avs more consistent offensive producers on a team that will need the goals to keep up with their shooting gallery defense.
For now, the Avs have every reason to be concerned with Mueller’s health. Concussions are no joke and considering how innocuous this injury appears to have occurred, expect Mueller to take his time getting back and be evaluated much closer.
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 19
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 14
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 14
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 4
- NHL on NBCSN: Rangers, Canadiens seek edge as divisional battles intensify 2
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 11
- Video: Tempers boil over between Capitals, Penguins 46
- Isles’ Clutterbuck latest to be fined for diving 19
- No hearing scheduled for Kesler after ‘dirty play’ on Dorsett 23
- Why NHL fans — no matter where they live — should care about the plunging Canadian dollar 33