Sep 23, 2010, 5:59 PM EDT
Bad news for the Colorado Avalanche today as The Denver Post’s Adrian Dater breaks the story.
Peter Mueller is out indefinitely with another concussion. He suffered it late in last night’s game and a diagnosis wasn’t made until today.
Mueller dealt with concussion issues last season after taking a questionable hit from San Jose’s Rob Blake late last year and missed the rest of the regular season and post-season. For the Avs, this was something they worried about when negotiating with Mueller on a restricted free agency deal. Mueller was being counted on to be one of the Avs more consistent offensive producers on a team that will need the goals to keep up with their shooting gallery defense.
For now, the Avs have every reason to be concerned with Mueller’s health. Concussions are no joke and considering how innocuous this injury appears to have occurred, expect Mueller to take his time getting back and be evaluated much closer.
- Flyers’ Mason broke his right pinky finger playing ball hockey 11
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 56
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 7
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 13
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 30
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 46
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 21
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame (61)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (46)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (45)