Sep 23, 2010, 5:59 PM EDT
Bad news for the Colorado Avalanche today as The Denver Post’s Adrian Dater breaks the story.
Peter Mueller is out indefinitely with another concussion. He suffered it late in last night’s game and a diagnosis wasn’t made until today.
Mueller dealt with concussion issues last season after taking a questionable hit from San Jose’s Rob Blake late last year and missed the rest of the regular season and post-season. For the Avs, this was something they worried about when negotiating with Mueller on a restricted free agency deal. Mueller was being counted on to be one of the Avs more consistent offensive producers on a team that will need the goals to keep up with their shooting gallery defense.
For now, the Avs have every reason to be concerned with Mueller’s health. Concussions are no joke and considering how innocuous this injury appears to have occurred, expect Mueller to take his time getting back and be evaluated much closer.
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins 14
- Video: Pittsburgh pays tribute to Ottawa tragedy with O Canada rendition 7
- Video: McKenzie talks latest from Ottawa shootings, Voynov investigation 0
- WATCH LIVE: Pittsburgh vs. Philly on Rivalry Night 3
- Wild, Coyle agree on five-year contract extension 16
- The Flyers ‘have Mason’s back’ 9
- Postponed: NHL to reschedule Sens-Leafs in wake of Ottawa shootings 35
- NHL monitoring situation in Ottawa 23
- Lawyer: ‘Mr. Voynov never hit the woman’ 33
- NHL on NBCSN: Hungry Flyers set sights on rival Penguins 30
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (57)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)