Sep 23, 2010, 5:59 PM EDT
Bad news for the Colorado Avalanche today as The Denver Post’s Adrian Dater breaks the story.
Peter Mueller is out indefinitely with another concussion. He suffered it late in last night’s game and a diagnosis wasn’t made until today.
Mueller dealt with concussion issues last season after taking a questionable hit from San Jose’s Rob Blake late last year and missed the rest of the regular season and post-season. For the Avs, this was something they worried about when negotiating with Mueller on a restricted free agency deal. Mueller was being counted on to be one of the Avs more consistent offensive producers on a team that will need the goals to keep up with their shooting gallery defense.
For now, the Avs have every reason to be concerned with Mueller’s health. Concussions are no joke and considering how innocuous this injury appears to have occurred, expect Mueller to take his time getting back and be evaluated much closer.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 20
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5