Sep 23, 2010, 5:59 PM EDT
Bad news for the Colorado Avalanche today as The Denver Post’s Adrian Dater breaks the story.
Peter Mueller is out indefinitely with another concussion. He suffered it late in last night’s game and a diagnosis wasn’t made until today.
Mueller dealt with concussion issues last season after taking a questionable hit from San Jose’s Rob Blake late last year and missed the rest of the regular season and post-season. For the Avs, this was something they worried about when negotiating with Mueller on a restricted free agency deal. Mueller was being counted on to be one of the Avs more consistent offensive producers on a team that will need the goals to keep up with their shooting gallery defense.
For now, the Avs have every reason to be concerned with Mueller’s health. Concussions are no joke and considering how innocuous this injury appears to have occurred, expect Mueller to take his time getting back and be evaluated much closer.
- Canucks ink Brandon Sutter to five-year, $21.875 million extension 11
- NHL unveils ‘historic’ digital media rights deal with MLBAM 33
- It’s Detroit Red Wings Day at PHT 15
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 32
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 33
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 29
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)
- Owner Pegula: Sabres have gone through ‘two of the most successful seasons we’ve ever had’ (43)
- Erik Haula signs two-year extension with Wild (35)