Sep 22, 2010, 9:00 AM EDT
Pre-season NHL action isn’t usually something to get overly excited about. Sure, we’ve got you covered with quick recaps of last night’s action but what else is better to get you in the mood for hockey season than a good ‘ol fashioned slobberknocker.
Thankfully, the Maple Leafs and Senators obliged us by having Toronto heavyweight Jay Rosehill take on Ottawa scrapper Zack Smith at the end of the first period in Ottawa’s 5-0 ravaging of the Maple Leafs. Sure, the Sens won the game, but they got to look uglier for their efforts courtesy of the fightin’ Leafs.
Here’s your morning moment of zen.
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 8
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 9
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 20
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 72
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)