Sep 22, 2010, 9:00 AM EDT
Pre-season NHL action isn’t usually something to get overly excited about. Sure, we’ve got you covered with quick recaps of last night’s action but what else is better to get you in the mood for hockey season than a good ‘ol fashioned slobberknocker.
Thankfully, the Maple Leafs and Senators obliged us by having Toronto heavyweight Jay Rosehill take on Ottawa scrapper Zack Smith at the end of the first period in Ottawa’s 5-0 ravaging of the Maple Leafs. Sure, the Sens won the game, but they got to look uglier for their efforts courtesy of the fightin’ Leafs.
Here’s your morning moment of zen.
- Wild chase the Blues away to take series lead 0
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead 56
- Video: Jets fans celebrate return of playoff hockey with whiteout in Winnipeg 4
- Would McLellan like to coach McDavid? ‘You can have the best player and still not have the best team’ 21
- Burrows’ instigator suspension rescinded, allowed to play Game 4 24
- No hearing scheduled for Hamhuis after Bennett headshot 13
- Sharks and McLellan have ‘mutually agreed’ to part ways 50
- Desperate Jets will ‘lean on’ their crowd tonight 19
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 16
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (171)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)