Sep 22, 2010, 9:00 AM EDT
Pre-season NHL action isn’t usually something to get overly excited about. Sure, we’ve got you covered with quick recaps of last night’s action but what else is better to get you in the mood for hockey season than a good ‘ol fashioned slobberknocker.
Thankfully, the Maple Leafs and Senators obliged us by having Toronto heavyweight Jay Rosehill take on Ottawa scrapper Zack Smith at the end of the first period in Ottawa’s 5-0 ravaging of the Maple Leafs. Sure, the Sens won the game, but they got to look uglier for their efforts courtesy of the fightin’ Leafs.
Here’s your morning moment of zen.
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 3
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 5
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 35
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 23
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 66
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 3
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation 61
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off 53
- Report: Leafs sign Franson to one year, $3.3 million deal 8
- Kane, Toews could’ve commanded $13.8M cap hits, says agent (83)
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (67)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)