Sep 22, 2010, 9:00 AM EDT
Pre-season NHL action isn’t usually something to get overly excited about. Sure, we’ve got you covered with quick recaps of last night’s action but what else is better to get you in the mood for hockey season than a good ‘ol fashioned slobberknocker.
Thankfully, the Maple Leafs and Senators obliged us by having Toronto heavyweight Jay Rosehill take on Ottawa scrapper Zack Smith at the end of the first period in Ottawa’s 5-0 ravaging of the Maple Leafs. Sure, the Sens won the game, but they got to look uglier for their efforts courtesy of the fightin’ Leafs.
Here’s your morning moment of zen.
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 0
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 12
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 10
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)