Sep 22, 2010, 9:00 AM EDT
Pre-season NHL action isn’t usually something to get overly excited about. Sure, we’ve got you covered with quick recaps of last night’s action but what else is better to get you in the mood for hockey season than a good ‘ol fashioned slobberknocker.
Thankfully, the Maple Leafs and Senators obliged us by having Toronto heavyweight Jay Rosehill take on Ottawa scrapper Zack Smith at the end of the first period in Ottawa’s 5-0 ravaging of the Maple Leafs. Sure, the Sens won the game, but they got to look uglier for their efforts courtesy of the fightin’ Leafs.
Here’s your morning moment of zen.
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 0
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 7
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 38
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 39
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 20
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 5
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- Post expansion, could NHL realign with eight divisions? (138)
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)