Sep 20, 2010, 12:15 PM EST
While the games and practices might not “count” in the grand scheme of things, body checks and other in-game pains still register just as clearly as they do in regular season games. Quite a few players are suffering from mild-to-considerable injuries in training camp so far.
The latest person to add to that list is Nashville Predators defensive prospect Roman Josi. Predators Insider shares the unfortunate news about an injury that occurred during Sunday’s scrimmage.
Prospect Roman Josi has a broken wrist and will miss the next 4-6 weeks. He injured it in a collision during Sunday’s scrimmage
It’s a tough setback for Josi, although the Predators probably won’t notice the difference in the short term. Chris Burton of Predators blog On the Forecheck reacted with sadness to the news, but also said that he only had an “outside chance” of being the team’s seventh defenseman.
Chances are pretty good that Jonsi will either hit the minors, play at the junior level or return to Bern in the Swiss league. Considering the loss of defenseman Dan Hamhuis this off-season, players such as Cody Franson will get more minutes. That could have a domino effect on the Predators’ depth spots on the blueline, so the team must hope that Josi is one of its only injured defensemen in the near future.
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 21
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updayed) 36
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 58
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 33
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 56
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty 165
- Report: Salary cap ‘may be around’ $70 million next season 17
- TGIF: Five NHL games to watch this weekend 5
- Report: Laviolette a candidate to replace Capuano 25
- Sharks say Fleury was ‘shaky’ and ‘fighting it’ in 44-save victory 53
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (165)
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (89)
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand (61)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (60)
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ (58)