Sep 20, 2010, 12:15 PM EDT
While the games and practices might not “count” in the grand scheme of things, body checks and other in-game pains still register just as clearly as they do in regular season games. Quite a few players are suffering from mild-to-considerable injuries in training camp so far.
The latest person to add to that list is Nashville Predators defensive prospect Roman Josi. Predators Insider shares the unfortunate news about an injury that occurred during Sunday’s scrimmage.
Prospect Roman Josi has a broken wrist and will miss the next 4-6 weeks. He injured it in a collision during Sunday’s scrimmage
It’s a tough setback for Josi, although the Predators probably won’t notice the difference in the short term. Chris Burton of Predators blog On the Forecheck reacted with sadness to the news, but also said that he only had an “outside chance” of being the team’s seventh defenseman.
Chances are pretty good that Jonsi will either hit the minors, play at the junior level or return to Bern in the Swiss league. Considering the loss of defenseman Dan Hamhuis this off-season, players such as Cody Franson will get more minutes. That could have a domino effect on the Predators’ depth spots on the blueline, so the team must hope that Josi is one of its only injured defensemen in the near future.
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 19
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 46
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 16
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 44
- Devils post-Martin Brodeur era about to truly start 9
- Report: Rangers expected to announce captain on Thursday 12
- Snider: Flyers not hiding behind ‘horrible mistake’ of signing Bryzgalov 22
- P.K. Subban: ‘I’m not trying to change the game of hockey’ 24
- Demand for Canucks tickets plummeting according to broker 39