Sep 20, 2010, 12:15 PM EDT
While the games and practices might not “count” in the grand scheme of things, body checks and other in-game pains still register just as clearly as they do in regular season games. Quite a few players are suffering from mild-to-considerable injuries in training camp so far.
The latest person to add to that list is Nashville Predators defensive prospect Roman Josi. Predators Insider shares the unfortunate news about an injury that occurred during Sunday’s scrimmage.
Prospect Roman Josi has a broken wrist and will miss the next 4-6 weeks. He injured it in a collision during Sunday’s scrimmage
It’s a tough setback for Josi, although the Predators probably won’t notice the difference in the short term. Chris Burton of Predators blog On the Forecheck reacted with sadness to the news, but also said that he only had an “outside chance” of being the team’s seventh defenseman.
Chances are pretty good that Jonsi will either hit the minors, play at the junior level or return to Bern in the Swiss league. Considering the loss of defenseman Dan Hamhuis this off-season, players such as Cody Franson will get more minutes. That could have a domino effect on the Predators’ depth spots on the blueline, so the team must hope that Josi is one of its only injured defensemen in the near future.
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers won’t fool with Penguins on Rivalry Night 0
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 40
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 29
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 9
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 15
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 15
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 47
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 22
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 9
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 8