Sep 19, 2010, 11:50 PM EST
Even in the depressingly hockey-free summer, we expect to be a productive bunch here at Pro Hockey Talk. Sometimes it might be difficult to follow our pace. We understand that. For that reason, whenever we can, we’ll put all of the day’s stories in one convenient post called the PHT Nightcap. Enjoy, hockey fans.
Jason Arnott and Patrik Elias happy to be reunited - Lou Lamoriello has gotten a little bit nostalgic over the years … you almost expect to see them throw a minimum wage deal at Petr Sykora to complete the line that dominated the Eastern Conference a billion years ago.
Tampa Bay coach emphasizes “no fighting” in practice – As Joe pointed out in the original headline, this basically makes them the anti-Leafs.
Filip Kuba to miss five to six weeks with broken leg – I wouldn’t be surprised if such an injury held him out even longer, to be honest.
Could Columbus be interested in trading Mike Commodore for Sheldon Souray? – It would be a great deal for the Blue Jackets while just about any Souray deal would be good for the Oilers.
Laviolette says Flyers forwards should prepare to be flexible – Considering the outstanding forward depth in Philly, this is a very sensible directive.
Rangers GM says talent, not contracts, will decide roster – Someone might want to introduce Glen Sather to this trendy new thing called a “salary cap.”
Marc Savard’s concussion problems open the door for Tyler Seguin to play center – Could Savard even go on the long term IR to solve Boston’s cap issues?
Who will back up Pekka Rinne in Nashville – Will it be Chet Pickard, Mark Dekanich or a veteran free agent?
Canucks reportedly already chose Henrik Sedin as their captain – Does this make him the first-ever ginger captain in the NHL? That would make this a landmark moment for redhead tolerance.
Pondering possible line combos for Thrashers – Big thanks to Laura for her help on this post.
- NHL on NBCSN: Can Capitals take advantage of depleted Penguins? 0
- Team Canada crushes Slovakia 9
- Criticism spreads to GM Lou Lamoriello after Devils fire DeBoer 7
- Eichel earns assist and scores in shootout as U.S. squeaks by Finland 1
- Canada enters World Juniors as 11/10 favorite; USA next at 9/4 5
- Devils fire DeBoer 21
- More mumps: Downie and Greiss test positive 6
- Orpik reflects on ‘outside pressure’ in Pittsburgh 20
- Canada tabs Fucale for WJC opener 0
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Ovechkin’s great big year of disappointment 10
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (76)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)
- Panthers hold off Penguins for shootout win (42)