Sep 19, 2010, 11:50 PM EDT
Even in the depressingly hockey-free summer, we expect to be a productive bunch here at Pro Hockey Talk. Sometimes it might be difficult to follow our pace. We understand that. For that reason, whenever we can, we’ll put all of the day’s stories in one convenient post called the PHT Nightcap. Enjoy, hockey fans.
Jason Arnott and Patrik Elias happy to be reunited - Lou Lamoriello has gotten a little bit nostalgic over the years … you almost expect to see them throw a minimum wage deal at Petr Sykora to complete the line that dominated the Eastern Conference a billion years ago.
Tampa Bay coach emphasizes “no fighting” in practice – As Joe pointed out in the original headline, this basically makes them the anti-Leafs.
Filip Kuba to miss five to six weeks with broken leg – I wouldn’t be surprised if such an injury held him out even longer, to be honest.
Could Columbus be interested in trading Mike Commodore for Sheldon Souray? – It would be a great deal for the Blue Jackets while just about any Souray deal would be good for the Oilers.
Laviolette says Flyers forwards should prepare to be flexible – Considering the outstanding forward depth in Philly, this is a very sensible directive.
Rangers GM says talent, not contracts, will decide roster – Someone might want to introduce Glen Sather to this trendy new thing called a “salary cap.”
Marc Savard’s concussion problems open the door for Tyler Seguin to play center – Could Savard even go on the long term IR to solve Boston’s cap issues?
Who will back up Pekka Rinne in Nashville – Will it be Chet Pickard, Mark Dekanich or a veteran free agent?
Canucks reportedly already chose Henrik Sedin as their captain – Does this make him the first-ever ginger captain in the NHL? That would make this a landmark moment for redhead tolerance.
Pondering possible line combos for Thrashers – Big thanks to Laura for her help on this post.
- Video: Controversy colors Blackhawks goal, disallowed score 16
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago 44
- Video: Viktor Stalberg returns after head-first sprawl into boards 0
- Brown, Toews, Alfredsson up for Messier Leadership Award 9
- Playoffs Tonight: Blackhawks look to ‘ramp up our intensity’ vs Red Wings 13
- Report: Patrick Roy a candidate for Avalanche head coaching job 9
- Senators’ OT hero Greening had fiberglass pieces removed from face 4
- Discuss: Senators win Game 3 in double overtime 36
- Report: Kings’ Stoll may have head, shoulder injuries 15
- Rangers’ goaltending a concern? ‘We know what Henrik is,’ says Tortorella 25
- Alex ‘they wanted Game 7′ Ovechkin to address media today before heading to Worlds (110)
- Question for commenters: What’s the hardest team to support? (95)
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Bryzgalov thinks Stalin did a good job, wishes Philadelphia wasn’t so old, and believes poor people don’t want to work (80)
- McPhee says lack of power plays ‘didn’t feel right’; Torts says Washington is ‘whining’ (70)
- Wings stun Hawks again, take 2-1 series lead
- Posnanski: Once the best, Pujols now irrelevant
- PFT: Gronk's arm infection clear after surgery
- HBT: Dodgers have 'no plans' to fire Mattingly
- PBT: Brothers assaulted for taking Lillard's photo?
- PBT: Nets reportedly 'hone in' on Grizzlies' Hollins
- CBT: Ex-Rutgers coach Rice seeks Lucas' counsel
- Play Video: Highlights: Red Wings top Blackhawks in Game 3
- Play Video: Cleary: 'We won't be exchanging Christmas cards'
- Play Video: 'Hawks potential tying goal waved off
- Play Video: Blackhawks score on controversial play
- Play Video: Blackhawks bring the pain
- Play Video: Red Wings and BlackHawks fighting for control