Sep 19, 2010, 11:50 PM EDT
Even in the depressingly hockey-free summer, we expect to be a productive bunch here at Pro Hockey Talk. Sometimes it might be difficult to follow our pace. We understand that. For that reason, whenever we can, we’ll put all of the day’s stories in one convenient post called the PHT Nightcap. Enjoy, hockey fans.
Jason Arnott and Patrik Elias happy to be reunited – Lou Lamoriello has gotten a little bit nostalgic over the years … you almost expect to see them throw a minimum wage deal at Petr Sykora to complete the line that dominated the Eastern Conference a billion years ago.
Tampa Bay coach emphasizes “no fighting” in practice – As Joe pointed out in the original headline, this basically makes them the anti-Leafs.
Filip Kuba to miss five to six weeks with broken leg – I wouldn’t be surprised if such an injury held him out even longer, to be honest.
Could Columbus be interested in trading Mike Commodore for Sheldon Souray? – It would be a great deal for the Blue Jackets while just about any Souray deal would be good for the Oilers.
Laviolette says Flyers forwards should prepare to be flexible – Considering the outstanding forward depth in Philly, this is a very sensible directive.
Rangers GM says talent, not contracts, will decide roster – Someone might want to introduce Glen Sather to this trendy new thing called a “salary cap.”
Marc Savard’s concussion problems open the door for Tyler Seguin to play center – Could Savard even go on the long term IR to solve Boston’s cap issues?
Who will back up Pekka Rinne in Nashville – Will it be Chet Pickard, Mark Dekanich or a veteran free agent?
Canucks reportedly already chose Henrik Sedin as their captain – Does this make him the first-ever ginger captain in the NHL? That would make this a landmark moment for redhead tolerance.
Pondering possible line combos for Thrashers – Big thanks to Laura for her help on this post.
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 37
- Getting clutch? Capitals reportedly sign Justin Williams for two years, $6.5M 8
- Coyotes bring back Vermette with two-year deal 28
- Bruins sign Beleskey for five years, despite some warning signs 40
- Kessel trade shows Leafs are trying to ‘build this thing the right way’ 21
- Green signs with Red Wings — 3 years, $18 million 24
- ‘It’s hard to find players like Phil Kessel’ 39
- Kassian traded to Habs for Prust; Hodgson signs with Preds 17
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins 131
- Oilers get Sekera for six years, closing in on Letestu 7
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)