Sep 18, 2010, 4:30 PM EDT
Some minor Buffalo Sabres news this weekend, as one younger player went down with an injury while an old NHL face surfaced on a tryout basis.
Coach Lindy Ruff provided the update Saturday a day after Gragnani was hurt in rookie scrimmage. Ruff didn’t say which knee was injured, but noted it won’t require surgery.
Gragnani, the Sabres’ third-round pick in the 2005 draft, was expected to compete for a regular job with the team this season. He’s previously appeared in six career games with Buffalo, but has yet to register a point.
Although he won’t take Gragnani’s spot (the injured player is a defenseman), Mark Parrish will try to re-establish himself as an NHL player in camp. Here’s more about Parrish from TSN.
Forward Mark Parrish, an 11-year NHL veteran, joined the Sabres in opening training camp on a tryout basis. A six-time 20-goal-scorer, he had two assists in 16 games with Tampa Bay last season.
Parrish isn’t a world-beater (I actually forgot he played a few games with the Lightning last season), but good luck to him. Buffalo scores by committee but could always use a little more offensive punch, so perhaps Parrish can catch on in Buffalo.
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 12
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Lightning, Game 4 of Eastern Conference Final 6
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 38
- All eyes on Lundqvist 10
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 39
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 48
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 26
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)