Sep 18, 2010, 4:30 PM EDT
Some minor Buffalo Sabres news this weekend, as one younger player went down with an injury while an old NHL face surfaced on a tryout basis.
Coach Lindy Ruff provided the update Saturday a day after Gragnani was hurt in rookie scrimmage. Ruff didn’t say which knee was injured, but noted it won’t require surgery.
Gragnani, the Sabres’ third-round pick in the 2005 draft, was expected to compete for a regular job with the team this season. He’s previously appeared in six career games with Buffalo, but has yet to register a point.
Although he won’t take Gragnani’s spot (the injured player is a defenseman), Mark Parrish will try to re-establish himself as an NHL player in camp. Here’s more about Parrish from TSN.
Forward Mark Parrish, an 11-year NHL veteran, joined the Sabres in opening training camp on a tryout basis. A six-time 20-goal-scorer, he had two assists in 16 games with Tampa Bay last season.
Parrish isn’t a world-beater (I actually forgot he played a few games with the Lightning last season), but good luck to him. Buffalo scores by committee but could always use a little more offensive punch, so perhaps Parrish can catch on in Buffalo.
- Could Lundqvist start Saturday for the Rangers? 5
- Five big games to watch this weekend 6
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 32
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 28
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 35
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 32
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 14
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 54
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 20
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 28
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (54)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)