Sep 18, 2010, 4:30 PM EST
Some minor Buffalo Sabres news this weekend, as one younger player went down with an injury while an old NHL face surfaced on a tryout basis.
Coach Lindy Ruff provided the update Saturday a day after Gragnani was hurt in rookie scrimmage. Ruff didn’t say which knee was injured, but noted it won’t require surgery.
Gragnani, the Sabres’ third-round pick in the 2005 draft, was expected to compete for a regular job with the team this season. He’s previously appeared in six career games with Buffalo, but has yet to register a point.
Although he won’t take Gragnani’s spot (the injured player is a defenseman), Mark Parrish will try to re-establish himself as an NHL player in camp. Here’s more about Parrish from TSN.
Forward Mark Parrish, an 11-year NHL veteran, joined the Sabres in opening training camp on a tryout basis. A six-time 20-goal-scorer, he had two assists in 16 games with Tampa Bay last season.
Parrish isn’t a world-beater (I actually forgot he played a few games with the Lightning last season), but good luck to him. Buffalo scores by committee but could always use a little more offensive punch, so perhaps Parrish can catch on in Buffalo.
- Trade: Capitals land Glencross, Flames get two picks 12
- Flames place Giordano on IR 5
- Flyers keep faint playoff hopes alive with win over Rangers 26
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder 62
- Jagr earns high praise in his Panthers debut 1
- Bruins maintain four-point edge in playoff race, hand Coyotes ninth straight loss 5
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 7
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 9
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 13
- Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 41
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (121)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)