Sep 18, 2010, 4:30 PM EDT
Some minor Buffalo Sabres news this weekend, as one younger player went down with an injury while an old NHL face surfaced on a tryout basis.
Coach Lindy Ruff provided the update Saturday a day after Gragnani was hurt in rookie scrimmage. Ruff didn’t say which knee was injured, but noted it won’t require surgery.
Gragnani, the Sabres’ third-round pick in the 2005 draft, was expected to compete for a regular job with the team this season. He’s previously appeared in six career games with Buffalo, but has yet to register a point.
Although he won’t take Gragnani’s spot (the injured player is a defenseman), Mark Parrish will try to re-establish himself as an NHL player in camp. Here’s more about Parrish from TSN.
Forward Mark Parrish, an 11-year NHL veteran, joined the Sabres in opening training camp on a tryout basis. A six-time 20-goal-scorer, he had two assists in 16 games with Tampa Bay last season.
Parrish isn’t a world-beater (I actually forgot he played a few games with the Lightning last season), but good luck to him. Buffalo scores by committee but could always use a little more offensive punch, so perhaps Parrish can catch on in Buffalo.
- Bruins’ Hamilton: ‘I don’t feel like a rookie anymore’ 0
- Penguins’ Murray: ‘We need to be better’ 0
- Senators’ coach MacLean: Karlsson ‘wasn’t one of the best players’ 3
- Discuss: Penguins defeat Senators in Game 2; lead series 2-0 24
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators 74
- Torres won’t appeal suspension, Sharks call punishment ‘grossly unfair’ 8
- Flyers owner Snider: ‘I didn’t pick Bryz’ 60
- Sens’ MacLean, Ducks’ Boudreau, Hawks’ Quenneville are Jack Adams finalists 22
- Playoffs Tonight: ‘Pesky’ Sens fight to even series vs Pens 18
- Video: Vlasic’s controversial delay of game penalty 22
- Alex ‘they wanted Game 7′ Ovechkin to address media today before heading to Worlds (110)
- Discuss: Penguins knock Islanders out of playoffs (99)
- Question for commenters: What’s the hardest team to support? (93)
- Capitals discuss ‘lopsided’ penalty calls (82)
- Bryzgalov thinks Stalin did a good job, wishes Philadelphia wasn’t so old, and believes poor people don’t want to work (79)
- Swimmer Phelps denies comeback rumors
- PHT: Crosby's hat trick powers Penguins past Senators
- PFT: Jets' Goodson gets five gun and drug charges
- PFT: Gronkowski 'probably' needs back surgery, too
- PFT: Seahawks' Irvin suspended for violating PED policy
- Orb favored to take Preakness, set up Triple try
- What to watch for at the Preakness