Sep 18, 2010, 4:30 PM EST
Some minor Buffalo Sabres news this weekend, as one younger player went down with an injury while an old NHL face surfaced on a tryout basis.
Coach Lindy Ruff provided the update Saturday a day after Gragnani was hurt in rookie scrimmage. Ruff didn’t say which knee was injured, but noted it won’t require surgery.
Gragnani, the Sabres’ third-round pick in the 2005 draft, was expected to compete for a regular job with the team this season. He’s previously appeared in six career games with Buffalo, but has yet to register a point.
Although he won’t take Gragnani’s spot (the injured player is a defenseman), Mark Parrish will try to re-establish himself as an NHL player in camp. Here’s more about Parrish from TSN.
Forward Mark Parrish, an 11-year NHL veteran, joined the Sabres in opening training camp on a tryout basis. A six-time 20-goal-scorer, he had two assists in 16 games with Tampa Bay last season.
Parrish isn’t a world-beater (I actually forgot he played a few games with the Lightning last season), but good luck to him. Buffalo scores by committee but could always use a little more offensive punch, so perhaps Parrish can catch on in Buffalo.
- Report: Salary cap ‘may be around’ $70 million next season 16
- TGIF: Five NHL games to watch this weekend 4
- Report: Laviolette a candidate to replace Capuano 21
- Sharks say Fleury was ‘shaky’ and ‘fighting it’ in 44-save victory 53
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) 57
- Seguin (concussion) cleared to play tonight 0
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ 89
- Will the Rangers use a compliance buyout on Richards? 10
- Malkin (lower body) to miss tonight’s game versus Sharks 20
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 60
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (89)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (60)
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) (57)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (53)
- Sharks say Fleury was ‘shaky’ and ‘fighting it’ in 44-save victory (53)