Sep 18, 2010, 2:15 PM EST
Here is a shot of the new road uniform, via the Sabres PR staff.
That’s an awfully sharp, if not particularly surprising “new” design. I don’t think I’m the first person to say this by any means, but thank goodness the “Buffaslug” is gone.
Now, take a look at the new third jerseys, also from the Sabres PR staff.
(click to enlarge)
I didn’t notice a few subtleties the first time around, such as the smaller version of the team’s classic “buffalo between two sabres” logo under the big “BUFFALO” and I also didn’t catch the strange number font they opted to go with. Something tells me those have some sort of strange texture, but I could be wrong there.
Either way, the Sabres’ uniforms will be the NHL’s most improved (in my opinion) going into next season. I’m delighted by the return to the classic look, but how do you feel about it? Are there any people who are secretly disappointed to see the death of the “Buffaslug”? Let us know in the comments.
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 5
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 6
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 3
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 40
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 15
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 18
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8