Sep 18, 2010, 2:15 PM EDT
Here is a shot of the new road uniform, via the Sabres PR staff.
That’s an awfully sharp, if not particularly surprising “new” design. I don’t think I’m the first person to say this by any means, but thank goodness the “Buffaslug” is gone.
Now, take a look at the new third jerseys, also from the Sabres PR staff.
(click to enlarge)
I didn’t notice a few subtleties the first time around, such as the smaller version of the team’s classic “buffalo between two sabres” logo under the big “BUFFALO” and I also didn’t catch the strange number font they opted to go with. Something tells me those have some sort of strange texture, but I could be wrong there.
Either way, the Sabres’ uniforms will be the NHL’s most improved (in my opinion) going into next season. I’m delighted by the return to the classic look, but how do you feel about it? Are there any people who are secretly disappointed to see the death of the “Buffaslug”? Let us know in the comments.
- Crashing Lightning: Montreal crushes Tampa Bay, takes 2-0 series lead 0
- Quenneville gets $25,000 fine for ‘bush-league move’ 11
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 40
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 18
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 12
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 16
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 61
- Blues prevail in longest game in franchise history as Steen scores in third OT 25
- Video: Sharks’ Brown runs Voynov into Quick, scrum ensues 2
- Opportunistic Rangers pull away from Flyers, take 1-0 series lead 64