Sep 18, 2010, 2:15 PM EDT
Here is a shot of the new road uniform, via the Sabres PR staff.
That’s an awfully sharp, if not particularly surprising “new” design. I don’t think I’m the first person to say this by any means, but thank goodness the “Buffaslug” is gone.
Now, take a look at the new third jerseys, also from the Sabres PR staff.
(click to enlarge)
I didn’t notice a few subtleties the first time around, such as the smaller version of the team’s classic “buffalo between two sabres” logo under the big “BUFFALO” and I also didn’t catch the strange number font they opted to go with. Something tells me those have some sort of strange texture, but I could be wrong there.
Either way, the Sabres’ uniforms will be the NHL’s most improved (in my opinion) going into next season. I’m delighted by the return to the classic look, but how do you feel about it? Are there any people who are secretly disappointed to see the death of the “Buffaslug”? Let us know in the comments.
- Gillis won’t say if Tortorella’s lost Canucks room 12
- Stars win one night after Peverley collapse, give Miller first Blues loss 4
- Crosby, Pens continue recent dominance of Ovechkin, Caps 28
- Terry Trafford’s body found in Michigan on Tuesday 8
- PHT Extra: What happens if the Caps miss the playoffs? 19
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 6
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 60
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 11
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 27
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (73)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter (60)