Sep 18, 2010, 2:15 PM EDT
Here is a shot of the new road uniform, via the Sabres PR staff.
That’s an awfully sharp, if not particularly surprising “new” design. I don’t think I’m the first person to say this by any means, but thank goodness the “Buffaslug” is gone.
Now, take a look at the new third jerseys, also from the Sabres PR staff.
(click to enlarge)
I didn’t notice a few subtleties the first time around, such as the smaller version of the team’s classic “buffalo between two sabres” logo under the big “BUFFALO” and I also didn’t catch the strange number font they opted to go with. Something tells me those have some sort of strange texture, but I could be wrong there.
Either way, the Sabres’ uniforms will be the NHL’s most improved (in my opinion) going into next season. I’m delighted by the return to the classic look, but how do you feel about it? Are there any people who are secretly disappointed to see the death of the “Buffaslug”? Let us know in the comments.
- After prepping for three years, Franson excited to test free agency 0
- Sabres’ Kane (shoulder) ‘ahead of schedule’ with recovery 7
- Lightning ‘answer the challenge’ in Game 7 to reach Stanley Cup Final 31
- Vigneault: McDonagh was playing with a broken foot 16
- Bolts strike Stanley Cup Final berth thanks to Game 7 win over Rangers 76
- The Ducks got Kesler for a game like Saturday’s 32
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win 58
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 14
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 46
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 18
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (77)
- Bolts strike Stanley Cup Final berth thanks to Game 7 win over Rangers (76)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win (58)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)