Sep 18, 2010, 2:15 PM EST
Here is a shot of the new road uniform, via the Sabres PR staff.
That’s an awfully sharp, if not particularly surprising “new” design. I don’t think I’m the first person to say this by any means, but thank goodness the “Buffaslug” is gone.
Now, take a look at the new third jerseys, also from the Sabres PR staff.
(click to enlarge)
I didn’t notice a few subtleties the first time around, such as the smaller version of the team’s classic “buffalo between two sabres” logo under the big “BUFFALO” and I also didn’t catch the strange number font they opted to go with. Something tells me those have some sort of strange texture, but I could be wrong there.
Either way, the Sabres’ uniforms will be the NHL’s most improved (in my opinion) going into next season. I’m delighted by the return to the classic look, but how do you feel about it? Are there any people who are secretly disappointed to see the death of the “Buffaslug”? Let us know in the comments.
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 2
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 4
- Video: Lightning’s Drouin wins fastest skater 7
- WATCH LIVE: NHL All-Star Skills Competition 1
- Will the Youngstars even have a chance? (Updated) 12
- Unique World Cup format allows ‘more of the very best players’ to participate 10
- NHL unveils 2016 Winter Classic, Stadium Series games 17
- Players have fun, show off personalities in water-fueled All-Star Fantasy Draft 9
- Video: ‘Coachable’ Kessel goes from last pick to 2nd overall 5
- Video: Team Foligno takes Ryan Johansen first overall in All-Star Fantasy Draft 1
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Metro sensational: Rangers continue dominance of division, Pens (61)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)