Sep 17, 2010, 11:19 AM EST
Kari Lehtonen doesn’t sleep. He waits.
It doesn’t quite have the same ring to it that it does with Chuck Norris, does it? That’s all right because Lehtonen is summoning the aura of cinema’s favorite B-level martial artist with his new goalie mask with the Dallas Stars. In an effort to become the Internet’s favorite goalie, Lehtonen is going all out with Chuck Norris on his goalie mask this year. Don’t worry, there’s not a “Sidekicks” reference to be found. (Picture 1, Picture 2)
If Lehtonen can stay in his job and be as successful in goal as “Walker, Texas Ranger” was on the air (nine seasons!) then the inspiration pays off in spades. That said, there’s one Chuck Norris-ism that Lehtonen might want to avoid this year when applying it to his game: “Black holes occur when Kari Lehtonen inhales.” You never, ever want a goalie to suck that badly.
- Mike Richards trying to make the best of being sent to the AHL 0
- Price leads Habs past Caps with second straight shutout 4
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 5
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 24
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 60
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 20
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 36
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 16