Sep 17, 2010, 11:19 AM EST
Kari Lehtonen doesn’t sleep. He waits.
It doesn’t quite have the same ring to it that it does with Chuck Norris, does it? That’s all right because Lehtonen is summoning the aura of cinema’s favorite B-level martial artist with his new goalie mask with the Dallas Stars. In an effort to become the Internet’s favorite goalie, Lehtonen is going all out with Chuck Norris on his goalie mask this year. Don’t worry, there’s not a “Sidekicks” reference to be found. (Picture 1, Picture 2)
If Lehtonen can stay in his job and be as successful in goal as “Walker, Texas Ranger” was on the air (nine seasons!) then the inspiration pays off in spades. That said, there’s one Chuck Norris-ism that Lehtonen might want to avoid this year when applying it to his game: “Black holes occur when Kari Lehtonen inhales.” You never, ever want a goalie to suck that badly.
- Video: Pacioretty taken to hospital, reportedly no hearing expected for Stoner after questionable hit 0
- Video: Canadiens honor long-time captain Saku Koivu 2
- Crosby back for Pens after missing three games with the mumps 1
- Comparing the shot differentials of all 30 teams 7
- PHT interviews Jim Nill, who’s ‘not surprised’ by Stars’ early-season struggles 2
- Mark Howe on his father’s health: ‘He’s back in the ballgame’ 3
- Holland: ‘I’m not against fighting’ 8
- Preds’ Neal fined for diving 23
- After surprising start, Flames sign Hartley to multi-year contract extension 5
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 11