Sep 17, 2010, 11:19 AM EDT
Kari Lehtonen doesn’t sleep. He waits.
It doesn’t quite have the same ring to it that it does with Chuck Norris, does it? That’s all right because Lehtonen is summoning the aura of cinema’s favorite B-level martial artist with his new goalie mask with the Dallas Stars. In an effort to become the Internet’s favorite goalie, Lehtonen is going all out with Chuck Norris on his goalie mask this year. Don’t worry, there’s not a “Sidekicks” reference to be found. (Picture 1, Picture 2)
If Lehtonen can stay in his job and be as successful in goal as “Walker, Texas Ranger” was on the air (nine seasons!) then the inspiration pays off in spades. That said, there’s one Chuck Norris-ism that Lehtonen might want to avoid this year when applying it to his game: “Black holes occur when Kari Lehtonen inhales.” You never, ever want a goalie to suck that badly.
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 16
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 46
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 16
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 44
- Devils post-Martin Brodeur era about to truly start 9
- Report: Rangers expected to announce captain on Thursday 12
- Snider: Flyers not hiding behind ‘horrible mistake’ of signing Bryzgalov 21
- P.K. Subban: ‘I’m not trying to change the game of hockey’ 24
- Demand for Canucks tickets plummeting according to broker 39