Sep 17, 2010, 11:19 AM EDT
Kari Lehtonen doesn’t sleep. He waits.
It doesn’t quite have the same ring to it that it does with Chuck Norris, does it? That’s all right because Lehtonen is summoning the aura of cinema’s favorite B-level martial artist with his new goalie mask with the Dallas Stars. In an effort to become the Internet’s favorite goalie, Lehtonen is going all out with Chuck Norris on his goalie mask this year. Don’t worry, there’s not a “Sidekicks” reference to be found. (Picture 1, Picture 2)
If Lehtonen can stay in his job and be as successful in goal as “Walker, Texas Ranger” was on the air (nine seasons!) then the inspiration pays off in spades. That said, there’s one Chuck Norris-ism that Lehtonen might want to avoid this year when applying it to his game: “Black holes occur when Kari Lehtonen inhales.” You never, ever want a goalie to suck that badly.
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 13
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 11
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 33
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 110
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 30
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 51
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 77
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7