Sep 17, 2010, 11:19 AM EST
Kari Lehtonen doesn’t sleep. He waits.
It doesn’t quite have the same ring to it that it does with Chuck Norris, does it? That’s all right because Lehtonen is summoning the aura of cinema’s favorite B-level martial artist with his new goalie mask with the Dallas Stars. In an effort to become the Internet’s favorite goalie, Lehtonen is going all out with Chuck Norris on his goalie mask this year. Don’t worry, there’s not a “Sidekicks” reference to be found. (Picture 1, Picture 2)
If Lehtonen can stay in his job and be as successful in goal as “Walker, Texas Ranger” was on the air (nine seasons!) then the inspiration pays off in spades. That said, there’s one Chuck Norris-ism that Lehtonen might want to avoid this year when applying it to his game: “Black holes occur when Kari Lehtonen inhales.” You never, ever want a goalie to suck that badly.
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 6
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 7
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 20
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 31
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 54