Sep 16, 2010, 1:00 AM EDT
Even in the depressingly hockey-free summer, we expect to be a productive bunch here at Pro Hockey Talk. Sometimes it might be difficult to follow our pace. We understand that. For that reason, whenever we can, we’ll put all of the day’s stories in one convenient post called the PHT Nightcap. Enjoy, hockey fans.
Eric Belanger upset that the Caps broke their verbal agreement – Apparently someone missed the lesson of “Cushlash” in Jeremy Maguire …
2012 NHL All-Star Game awarded to Ottawa – Hey, can we move on my idea to run the All-Star games in the preseason? I bet the weather in Ottawa around January/early February must be ridiculously cold …
Devils plan on playing Patrik Elias at LW, even though Kovalchuk and Parise play there already – Perhaps they want to spread the offensive wealth? Hmmmm …
Rangers re-sign Marc Staal – See you later, Wade Redden.
Tim Gleason gives figure skating a try – Something tells me that this will be on Sean Avery’s insult scouting report.
Patrice Cormier tries to put his ugly past behind him – He might have more skeletons in his closet before his career his over, though, considering his sometimes-rugged style.
Oilers “big three” debuts tonight – More on their performances tomorrow morning (or … this morning, I guess?).
Oddsmakers weigh in on Montreal, Vancouver captain situations – [Insert lazy poker reference]
Does Eric Belanger have a legal leg to stand on against the Capitals – Probably not, but I think we can all deduct a few cool points from Washington.
More criticism of the way the Oilers are handling Sheldon Souray – Seriously, it seems like a faulty plan.
Minnesota wins Traverse City Tournament 3-1 over Detroit, other results – This victory will be forgotten soon, but hey, hockey is hockey.
Seguin, Niederreiter make their presences felt in rookie game – Seguin provided the assists while Niederreiter produced points and a flurry of fists.
Gary Bettman says the NHL will stay out of Quebec City arena politics – That’s probably for the best.
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 41
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 10
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 39
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 21
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 5
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)