Sep 16, 2010, 11:58 PM EDT
The health of former NHL head coach Pat Burns has taken a turn for the worse. According to a report out of Canada, the three-time Jack Adams award winner’s struggles with terminal lung cancer are becoming more dire and those close to him are fearing the worst.
Former NHL coach Pat Burns has taken a turn for the worse, according to news reports.
The 58-year-old Montreal native has been fighting a battle with terminal lung cancer for a number of years. That battle, it appears, could end in the next few days.
Cancer is a horrible thing for anyone to deal with and it’s painful to see those we care about and love go through it. What will upset fans of Pat Burns more these days is reflecting back upon Burns not getting elected to the Hockey Hall of Fame this year. It’s sad to think that a coach who has a legacy more than Hall-Of-Fame-worthy is seemingly going to get elected posthumously when there was a chance to honor the man while he’s still alive.
That said, this isn’t a moment to get angry about that injustice, instead it’s time to pray for his health in hopes that we’ll see his condition turn around for the better in any way possible.
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 23
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 23
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 10
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)