Sep 16, 2010, 11:58 PM EDT
The health of former NHL head coach Pat Burns has taken a turn for the worse. According to a report out of Canada, the three-time Jack Adams award winner’s struggles with terminal lung cancer are becoming more dire and those close to him are fearing the worst.
Former NHL coach Pat Burns has taken a turn for the worse, according to news reports.
The 58-year-old Montreal native has been fighting a battle with terminal lung cancer for a number of years. That battle, it appears, could end in the next few days.
Cancer is a horrible thing for anyone to deal with and it’s painful to see those we care about and love go through it. What will upset fans of Pat Burns more these days is reflecting back upon Burns not getting elected to the Hockey Hall of Fame this year. It’s sad to think that a coach who has a legacy more than Hall-Of-Fame-worthy is seemingly going to get elected posthumously when there was a chance to honor the man while he’s still alive.
That said, this isn’t a moment to get angry about that injustice, instead it’s time to pray for his health in hopes that we’ll see his condition turn around for the better in any way possible.
- Blackhawks’ Darling gets the nod for Game 3 11
- Preds’ Weber not travelling to Chicago 9
- Report: Flames requested a review of Engelland’s instigator 9
- Video: Flames, Canucks combine for over 100 PIM in wild line brawl 15
- Preds torch Crawford, Hawks; even series at 1-1 33
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) 94
- Huge loss for Preds as Weber (lower body) knocked out of Game 2 7
- Sabres? Oilers? Coyotes? Leafs? ‘Canes? — McDavid would be happy to play for any of them 37
- Stone a game-time decision, Sens downplay retaliation for Subban slash 25
- Flyers fire Berube 49
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)
- PHT Morning Skate: Ottawa Sun runs with front page headline ‘Heads Up, P.K.’ (74)