Sep 15, 2010, 5:21 PM EDT
Tonight’s major hype alert goes out to Penticton, British Columbia where the Edmonton Oilers will face the San Jose Sharks in the Young Stars Rookie tournament. Why the hype alert? Only because the future faces of the Oilers franchise will be playing on the same line together. Joanne Ireland of the Edmonton Journal shares the story about Hall centering the line with the other Oiler phenoms. Hall is kind of familiar with the position.
“All through minor hockey I played centre and in my second year I played for half a season so I do feel comfortable,” said Hall, who was working on his faceoffs during the morning skate. “I don’t think I’ll be at my best right away but at the same time, it’s still hockey. You still have to make plays, you still have to win races. You just have to be a little more conscious of what you’re doing in your own end.”
All right, so it’s nothing earth shattering and it is still a rookie game, but it’s exciting to see nonetheless. After all, all three of these guys could very well make the Oilers roster this year so this is about as close to a real NHL-like show as you’ll get in mid-September.
(Photo: Rick MacWilliam – Edmonton Journal)
- Report: Leiweke to head up Olympic bid in Los Angeles 11
- In praise of John Tavares 14
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 26
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 19
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 39
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 55
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 40