Sep 15, 2010, 5:21 PM EDT
Tonight’s major hype alert goes out to Penticton, British Columbia where the Edmonton Oilers will face the San Jose Sharks in the Young Stars Rookie tournament. Why the hype alert? Only because the future faces of the Oilers franchise will be playing on the same line together. Joanne Ireland of the Edmonton Journal shares the story about Hall centering the line with the other Oiler phenoms. Hall is kind of familiar with the position.
“All through minor hockey I played centre and in my second year I played for half a season so I do feel comfortable,” said Hall, who was working on his faceoffs during the morning skate. “I don’t think I’ll be at my best right away but at the same time, it’s still hockey. You still have to make plays, you still have to win races. You just have to be a little more conscious of what you’re doing in your own end.”
All right, so it’s nothing earth shattering and it is still a rookie game, but it’s exciting to see nonetheless. After all, all three of these guys could very well make the Oilers roster this year so this is about as close to a real NHL-like show as you’ll get in mid-September.
(Photo: Rick MacWilliam – Edmonton Journal)
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 1
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 19
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 21
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 13
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 18
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 7
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 4