Sep 15, 2010, 6:04 PM EDT
Both the Vancouver Canucks and Montreal Canadiens are in the running for new team captains and we should know who both teams will pick before the season begins in October. What does that mean for us? It means it’s time to lay down some betting odds as to who the favorites are.
Luckily for us, bodog.com has already gone ahead and done the handicapping for everyone. Habs Inside/Out finds out who the front-runners are in Montreal.
Brian Gionta a 2-3 choice to wear the C. Andrei Markov is 7-2, Michael Cammalleri is 4-1, Josh Gorges is 15-2 and the field is 7-2.
Meanwhile, The White Towel gets the low-down on what the line is in Vancouver to assume Roberto Luongo’s vacated captaincy.
Those around the team, almost unanimously, believe the C will go to Henrik while the majority of fans in Vancouver continue to hope against odds it will be Kesler. Wouldn’t advise it, but now at least you can bet on it.
The field 5/1
Those are some pretty short odds on Henrik Sedin. Clearly our endorsement for Ryan Kesler doesn’t pull much weight with the guys at Bodog. Cammalleri coming in at 4-1 certainly doesn’t say much for our glowing words either.
Ouch… Our pride.
Clearly these are just for entertainment purposes, I would feel pretty good about throwing imaginary dollars down on the non-favorites in both cases.
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 20
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 19
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 46
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 123
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 36
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 51
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 80
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7