Sep 15, 2010, 6:04 PM EST
Both the Vancouver Canucks and Montreal Canadiens are in the running for new team captains and we should know who both teams will pick before the season begins in October. What does that mean for us? It means it’s time to lay down some betting odds as to who the favorites are.
Luckily for us, bodog.com has already gone ahead and done the handicapping for everyone. Habs Inside/Out finds out who the front-runners are in Montreal.
Brian Gionta a 2-3 choice to wear the C. Andrei Markov is 7-2, Michael Cammalleri is 4-1, Josh Gorges is 15-2 and the field is 7-2.
Meanwhile, The White Towel gets the low-down on what the line is in Vancouver to assume Roberto Luongo’s vacated captaincy.
Those around the team, almost unanimously, believe the C will go to Henrik while the majority of fans in Vancouver continue to hope against odds it will be Kesler. Wouldn’t advise it, but now at least you can bet on it.
The field 5/1
Those are some pretty short odds on Henrik Sedin. Clearly our endorsement for Ryan Kesler doesn’t pull much weight with the guys at Bodog. Cammalleri coming in at 4-1 certainly doesn’t say much for our glowing words either.
Ouch… Our pride.
Clearly these are just for entertainment purposes, I would feel pretty good about throwing imaginary dollars down on the non-favorites in both cases.
- Don Cherry on Leafs not saluting fans: ‘I couldn’t believe these guys would do something like this’ 0
- Report: Dan Hamhuis’ injury is significant, but not season-ending 5
- Been there, done that: Oilers lose five straight for second time this season 10
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ 81
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch 43
- NHL grants Kings cap relief for Voynov, who’s still suspended indefinitely 31
- Trade: Stars get Demers from Sharks, send Dillon to San Jose 18
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now 78
- Dallas signs Jason Spezza to four-year, $30 million extension 18
- Video: Ovechkin with an unreal dangle, scores game-winner 17
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (81)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (78)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)
- After Voynov suspension, Lombardi wonders if teams need a ‘cushion’ in case a player is a ‘bank robber, kleptomaniac’ (51)