Sep 15, 2010, 6:04 PM EDT
Both the Vancouver Canucks and Montreal Canadiens are in the running for new team captains and we should know who both teams will pick before the season begins in October. What does that mean for us? It means it’s time to lay down some betting odds as to who the favorites are.
Luckily for us, bodog.com has already gone ahead and done the handicapping for everyone. Habs Inside/Out finds out who the front-runners are in Montreal.
Brian Gionta a 2-3 choice to wear the C. Andrei Markov is 7-2, Michael Cammalleri is 4-1, Josh Gorges is 15-2 and the field is 7-2.
Meanwhile, The White Towel gets the low-down on what the line is in Vancouver to assume Roberto Luongo’s vacated captaincy.
Those around the team, almost unanimously, believe the C will go to Henrik while the majority of fans in Vancouver continue to hope against odds it will be Kesler. Wouldn’t advise it, but now at least you can bet on it.
The field 5/1
Those are some pretty short odds on Henrik Sedin. Clearly our endorsement for Ryan Kesler doesn’t pull much weight with the guys at Bodog. Cammalleri coming in at 4-1 certainly doesn’t say much for our glowing words either.
Ouch… Our pride.
Clearly these are just for entertainment purposes, I would feel pretty good about throwing imaginary dollars down on the non-favorites in both cases.
- Playoffs Tonight: Can ‘Hawks solve Rask? 4
- Sakic: If we keep top pick, we’ll likely draft a forward 5
- Report: Flyers will buy out Briere, Bryzgalov another story (Updated) 30
- Report: Flyers, Ducks talking about Bobby Ryan 52
- Marchand accuses ‘kitty cat’ Shaw of eye gouging 82
- Quenneville says Hossa is ‘likely’ to play Game 4 9
- Datsyuk announces three-year, $22.5 million extension with Red Wings 12
- Bruins go ‘above and beyond’ to take 2-1 series lead 47
- Chicago’s powerless power play — it’s a problem 4
- Discuss: Bruins smother ‘Hawks, take 2-1 series lead 92
- Heat rally to beat Spurs in Game 6
- PBT: After blowing lead, can Spurs rebound in Game 7?
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- CSN: Pats' Hernandez questioned in murder case
- Underseeded? Nadal draws No. 5 at Wimbledon
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- HBT: Mets' Wheeler goes six scoreless in MLB debut