Sep 15, 2010, 3:05 PM EST
If you thought we were just messing around the other day when talking about Vancouver GM Mike Gillis’ anxious relationship with the media in Vancouver, we’re here to offer you the finest in proof that even some days a team executive can have just about enough of the media’s scrutiny. With the developments the last couple of weeks surrounding the injury status of prospect Cody Hodgson, Gillis said on the air with Team 1040 recently that he’s had about enough of the speculation and needling by the press.
“There’s something that has come out of this which has really bothered me and that’s calling into question our medical staff and our training staff and Cody’s doctor in Cleveland,” Gillis said.
“You guys don’t know enough about this and to suggest (Canucks Dr. Bill Regan) with his reputation and his ability has somehow done something wrong is just reprehensible to me.
“Tony Miniaci (Hodgson’s doctor) is in Cleveland is a guy I’ve known for years, I’ve referred players to him for second opinions, these guys don’t even know his name who are talking about him.”
This entire situation is fascinating because Gillis is snapping off at the media before the pre-season even begins. It really makes you wonder if he can’t wait to bring his game to Twitter so he can side-step more panicked questioning from the folks in Vancouver.
I, for one, welcome our new Twitter obsession in Mike Gillis and welcome him with open arms to the wild west landscape of the Internet to provide news.
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Welcome to PHT’s top 14 stories for 2014 0
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 23
- Sharks’ Scott has hearing for his punch to Jackman 29
- (Video) PHT Extra: Christmas wish lists from around the NHL 2
- PHT interviews Don Maloney, who knows he has a big trade chip in Vermette 7
- Backstrom to start for Wild, who need their goalies to be ‘better’ 13
- NHL on NBCSN: Avs challenge Blues after narrow losses to St. Louis 6
- Gaudreau’s first hat trick helps Flames stun Kings 7
- Fowler after Ducks’ win vs. Sharks: ‘We never give up’ 1
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (73)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Who are the Bruins targeting in trade talks? (47)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)