Sep 15, 2010, 3:05 PM EST
If you thought we were just messing around the other day when talking about Vancouver GM Mike Gillis’ anxious relationship with the media in Vancouver, we’re here to offer you the finest in proof that even some days a team executive can have just about enough of the media’s scrutiny. With the developments the last couple of weeks surrounding the injury status of prospect Cody Hodgson, Gillis said on the air with Team 1040 recently that he’s had about enough of the speculation and needling by the press.
“There’s something that has come out of this which has really bothered me and that’s calling into question our medical staff and our training staff and Cody’s doctor in Cleveland,” Gillis said.
“You guys don’t know enough about this and to suggest (Canucks Dr. Bill Regan) with his reputation and his ability has somehow done something wrong is just reprehensible to me.
“Tony Miniaci (Hodgson’s doctor) is in Cleveland is a guy I’ve known for years, I’ve referred players to him for second opinions, these guys don’t even know his name who are talking about him.”
This entire situation is fascinating because Gillis is snapping off at the media before the pre-season even begins. It really makes you wonder if he can’t wait to bring his game to Twitter so he can side-step more panicked questioning from the folks in Vancouver.
I, for one, welcome our new Twitter obsession in Mike Gillis and welcome him with open arms to the wild west landscape of the Internet to provide news.
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 11
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 26
- Goalie nods: Luongo’s first game back with Panthers, Neuvirth makes Sabres debut 8
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 20
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 34
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 34
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 7
- Dealing with the Devils: NHL reverses Kovalchuk punishment 47
- Playoff bubble watch — Rangers edition 14
- Video: Emotional day for Martin St. Louis ends in OT loss for Rangers 27
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Sabres announce Pat LaFontaine resigns as president of hockey operations (66)