Sep 15, 2010, 3:05 PM EDT
If you thought we were just messing around the other day when talking about Vancouver GM Mike Gillis’ anxious relationship with the media in Vancouver, we’re here to offer you the finest in proof that even some days a team executive can have just about enough of the media’s scrutiny. With the developments the last couple of weeks surrounding the injury status of prospect Cody Hodgson, Gillis said on the air with Team 1040 recently that he’s had about enough of the speculation and needling by the press.
“There’s something that has come out of this which has really bothered me and that’s calling into question our medical staff and our training staff and Cody’s doctor in Cleveland,” Gillis said.
“You guys don’t know enough about this and to suggest (Canucks Dr. Bill Regan) with his reputation and his ability has somehow done something wrong is just reprehensible to me.
“Tony Miniaci (Hodgson’s doctor) is in Cleveland is a guy I’ve known for years, I’ve referred players to him for second opinions, these guys don’t even know his name who are talking about him.”
This entire situation is fascinating because Gillis is snapping off at the media before the pre-season even begins. It really makes you wonder if he can’t wait to bring his game to Twitter so he can side-step more panicked questioning from the folks in Vancouver.
I, for one, welcome our new Twitter obsession in Mike Gillis and welcome him with open arms to the wild west landscape of the Internet to provide news.
- (Video) McKenzie: NHLPA ‘entirely on board’ with Voynov suspension 1
- If allegations are true, will Kings welcome Voynov back into their ‘special’ group? 20
- Rutherford on Fleury: ‘As long as I’m the GM, he’ll be our goalie’ 15
- Datsyuk will play tonight in Montreal 4
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers take on ‘Hawks in Chicago 8
- Jets’ Maurice apologizes for using the F-bomb at a reporter 30
- Video: Oilers win…? Oilers win! 3
- Bruins’ Miller out indefinitely after dislocating shoulder in fight 29
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case 36
- Here are your top 5 and bottom 5 goalies of the young NHL season 13
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)