Sep 15, 2010, 3:05 PM EDT
If you thought we were just messing around the other day when talking about Vancouver GM Mike Gillis’ anxious relationship with the media in Vancouver, we’re here to offer you the finest in proof that even some days a team executive can have just about enough of the media’s scrutiny. With the developments the last couple of weeks surrounding the injury status of prospect Cody Hodgson, Gillis said on the air with Team 1040 recently that he’s had about enough of the speculation and needling by the press.
“There’s something that has come out of this which has really bothered me and that’s calling into question our medical staff and our training staff and Cody’s doctor in Cleveland,” Gillis said.
“You guys don’t know enough about this and to suggest (Canucks Dr. Bill Regan) with his reputation and his ability has somehow done something wrong is just reprehensible to me.
“Tony Miniaci (Hodgson’s doctor) is in Cleveland is a guy I’ve known for years, I’ve referred players to him for second opinions, these guys don’t even know his name who are talking about him.”
This entire situation is fascinating because Gillis is snapping off at the media before the pre-season even begins. It really makes you wonder if he can’t wait to bring his game to Twitter so he can side-step more panicked questioning from the folks in Vancouver.
I, for one, welcome our new Twitter obsession in Mike Gillis and welcome him with open arms to the wild west landscape of the Internet to provide news.
- Report: Flyers will buy out Briere, Bryzgalov another story (Updated) 22
- Report: Flyers, Ducks talking about Bobby Ryan 46
- Marchand accuses ‘kitty cat’ Shaw of eye gouging 78
- Quenneville says Hossa is ‘likely’ to play Game 4 9
- Datsyuk announces three-year, $22.5 million extension with Red Wings 11
- Bruins go ‘above and beyond’ to take 2-1 series lead 47
- Chicago’s powerless power play — it’s a problem 4
- Discuss: Bruins smother ‘Hawks, take 2-1 series lead 92
- Marian Hossa won’t play in Game 3 11
- Report: Flyers, Streit agree to four-year, $21 million deal 39
- Heat rally to beat Spurs in Game 6
- PBT: After blowing lead, can Spurs rebound in Game 7?
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- CSN: Patriots' Hernandez questioned in murder investigation
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- HBT: Mets' Wheeler goes six scoreless in MLB debut
- Lolo Jones' attempt at humor backfires