Sep 15, 2010, 3:05 PM EDT
If you thought we were just messing around the other day when talking about Vancouver GM Mike Gillis’ anxious relationship with the media in Vancouver, we’re here to offer you the finest in proof that even some days a team executive can have just about enough of the media’s scrutiny. With the developments the last couple of weeks surrounding the injury status of prospect Cody Hodgson, Gillis said on the air with Team 1040 recently that he’s had about enough of the speculation and needling by the press.
“There’s something that has come out of this which has really bothered me and that’s calling into question our medical staff and our training staff and Cody’s doctor in Cleveland,” Gillis said.
“You guys don’t know enough about this and to suggest (Canucks Dr. Bill Regan) with his reputation and his ability has somehow done something wrong is just reprehensible to me.
“Tony Miniaci (Hodgson’s doctor) is in Cleveland is a guy I’ve known for years, I’ve referred players to him for second opinions, these guys don’t even know his name who are talking about him.”
This entire situation is fascinating because Gillis is snapping off at the media before the pre-season even begins. It really makes you wonder if he can’t wait to bring his game to Twitter so he can side-step more panicked questioning from the folks in Vancouver.
I, for one, welcome our new Twitter obsession in Mike Gillis and welcome him with open arms to the wild west landscape of the Internet to provide news.
- NHL Board of Governors approves Islanders sale 5
- Speedy recovery: Giroux (lower body) to play vs. Rangers tonight 9
- Risk Factors: Boston Bruins edition 12
- Hello Johansen? Boone Jenner out with broken hand 5
- Bruins release Leino; Boychuk staying put? 18
- Babcock doesn’t think this will be his last year with the Wings 9
- Starting tomorrow, PHT’s ‘Risk Factors’ Series 6
- Krug, Smith sign with Bruins 19
- PHT Morning Skate: Grigorenko with highlight-reel shootout goal 7
- Sabres lose Larsson, Kaleta to head injuries, Leafs’ Booth out too (Update: Franson’s hurt) 5
- Jordan Subban has ‘moved on’ after ‘unfortunate’ photo caption by Vancouver papers (52)
- Players pushed for coaching fines because they were ‘encouraged’ to dive (34)
- Sabres’ Nolan, Avalanche don’t believe in analytics (32)
- Ouch: Datsyuk (separated shoulder) out 4-5 weeks (27)
- Spooner scores, but coach Julien’s not happy (23)