Sep 14, 2010, 12:40 AM EDT
Even in the depressingly hockey-free summer, we expect to be a productive bunch here at Pro Hockey Talk. Sometimes it might be difficult to follow our pace. We understand that. For that reason, whenever we can, we’ll put all of the day’s stories in one convenient post called the PHT Nightcap. Enjoy, hockey fans.
Bill Sweatt explains his side of the story in Toronto non-signing debacle – There’s so many sweat/sweaty puns available here, I’m actually overloaded.
Ilari Filppula hopes to impress Red Wings coaches in camp – Yup, that’s Valtteri’s brother.
Thrashers re-sign Niclas Bergfors – This team might be improved, but they can use all the finesse they can get from the forward position.
Canadiens will have a captain next season – Who would you vote for? Brian Gionta might be a solid choice.
Luongo relinquishes his captaincy – At this point, it seems like too much ink has been spilled about the situation, but it will be interesting to see who Vancouver names the new captain. Do you go with grit in Ryan Kesler or scoing in Henrik Sedin?
HSBC Arena crew lays down the ice – One of the many signs that hockey season is almost upon us.
Hurricanes first rounder Jeff Skinner might make the team – Cue The Simpsons’ Mr. Burns’ “Skinner!” sound bytes …
Devils Rolston and Salvador uneasy about their place with the team – As they should be, although Rolston should be more concerned with playing in the minors (or overseas).
Sabres defenseman Craig Rivet will be ready for regular season – Buffalo needs every bit of defensive help they can get.
Stars still negotiating with RFAs James Neal and Matt Niskanen – Wait, the Stars actually want to bring back Niskanen?
Vesa Toskala turned down a contract offer from Calgary … Seriously – Oh my goodness.
Columbus Blue Jackets season ticket sales drop 24.5 percent – I guess that’s what happens when you have a lousy season and create next to zero excitement in the off-season.
Kirill Kabanov shows up late to Islanders prospect camp – Will this talented “good boy” be a problem child in Long Island?
NHL fines Devils $3 million, takes two of their draft picks – The league punished New Jersey pretty severely, although at least that cash won’t count against their cap space.
Ryan Malone allows new teammate Simon Gagne to take number 12 – A great gesture by Malone, who will now wear number 6.
Sheldon Souray will not attend Oilers training camp – How, exactly, will this make him easier to trade?
- NHL, Coyotes deny report that team is moving to Vegas 0
- Report: Richards’ border incident involved oxycodone 31
- Trade: Bieksa headed to California — but it’s Anaheim, not San Jose 19
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago 82
- Hamilton signs six-year deal with Flames 18
- Sharks get Jones from Bruins for first-round pick and unsigned prospect 42
- Hurricanes to buy out Semin 14
- Bruins are talking to teams about Savard, but not Rask 13
- Report: Richards part of police investigation 46
- UFA of the Day: Mike Green 5
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (82)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)