Sep 14, 2010, 10:30 AM EDT
With the Traverse City and London, Ontario tournaments taking the night off, there were just two rookie camp games on Monday. Let’s take a look at the results, for those of you who are dying for some hockey.
Calgary Flames 8, Anaheim Ducks 4
Kristi Hennessy nails it with this post-game analysis for the Calgary Flames Web site:
It was a Jon Rheault show in Penticton as the Flames took on the Anaheim Ducks Monday night at the Young Stars Tournament . Rheault displayed his crafty hands and made a case for himself to attend Calgary Flames main training camp, scoring three goals and adding two helpers for a five point game as the Flames defeat the Ducks by a convincing score of 8-4.
It sounds like the Jon Rheault show was quite a bit more entertaining than the Chevy Chase show or the Magic Hour, but I cannot say that from personal experience.
Vancouver Canucks 5, San Jose Sharks 3
The San Jose baby Sharks went into the third period down three goals and couldn’t quite make up that difference despite out-shooting the mini-Canucks 20-9. The Sharks put 38 shots on net altogether compared to 27 for the Canucks. Aaron Volpatti lead the way for Vancouver with two goals.
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 18
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 16
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (47)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)