Sep 14, 2010, 10:30 AM EDT
With the Traverse City and London, Ontario tournaments taking the night off, there were just two rookie camp games on Monday. Let’s take a look at the results, for those of you who are dying for some hockey.
Calgary Flames 8, Anaheim Ducks 4
Kristi Hennessy nails it with this post-game analysis for the Calgary Flames Web site:
It was a Jon Rheault show in Penticton as the Flames took on the Anaheim Ducks Monday night at the Young Stars Tournament . Rheault displayed his crafty hands and made a case for himself to attend Calgary Flames main training camp, scoring three goals and adding two helpers for a five point game as the Flames defeat the Ducks by a convincing score of 8-4.
It sounds like the Jon Rheault show was quite a bit more entertaining than the Chevy Chase show or the Magic Hour, but I cannot say that from personal experience.
Vancouver Canucks 5, San Jose Sharks 3
The San Jose baby Sharks went into the third period down three goals and couldn’t quite make up that difference despite out-shooting the mini-Canucks 20-9. The Sharks put 38 shots on net altogether compared to 27 for the Canucks. Aaron Volpatti lead the way for Vancouver with two goals.
- Report: Hextall ‘in the mix’ for Vancouver GM job 12
- Fuel, meet fire: Torres to return for Sharks-Kings Game 1 8
- FYI: Hartnell and Voracek have black beards now 31
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh 110
- Oshie and Berglund out, Tarasenko in for Blues tonight vs. ‘Hawks 9
- Ducks hold off spirited Stars comeback, take 1-0 series lead 11
- Weise gives Canadiens 1-0 series lead with overtime win 7
- Penguins outlast Blue Jackets, take Game 1 63
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers 79
- Bulletin-board material: Why your team won’t win the Stanley Cup 37