Sep 14, 2010, 10:30 AM EST
With the Traverse City and London, Ontario tournaments taking the night off, there were just two rookie camp games on Monday. Let’s take a look at the results, for those of you who are dying for some hockey.
Calgary Flames 8, Anaheim Ducks 4
Kristi Hennessy nails it with this post-game analysis for the Calgary Flames Web site:
It was a Jon Rheault show in Penticton as the Flames took on the Anaheim Ducks Monday night at the Young Stars Tournament . Rheault displayed his crafty hands and made a case for himself to attend Calgary Flames main training camp, scoring three goals and adding two helpers for a five point game as the Flames defeat the Ducks by a convincing score of 8-4.
It sounds like the Jon Rheault show was quite a bit more entertaining than the Chevy Chase show or the Magic Hour, but I cannot say that from personal experience.
Vancouver Canucks 5, San Jose Sharks 3
The San Jose baby Sharks went into the third period down three goals and couldn’t quite make up that difference despite out-shooting the mini-Canucks 20-9. The Sharks put 38 shots on net altogether compared to 27 for the Canucks. Aaron Volpatti lead the way for Vancouver with two goals.
- Report: Salary cap ‘may be around’ $70 million next season 16
- TGIF: Five NHL games to watch this weekend 4
- Report: Laviolette a candidate to replace Capuano 21
- Sharks say Fleury was ‘shaky’ and ‘fighting it’ in 44-save victory 53
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) 57
- Seguin (concussion) cleared to play tonight 0
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ 89
- Will the Rangers use a compliance buyout on Richards? 10
- Malkin (lower body) to miss tonight’s game versus Sharks 20
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 60
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (89)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (60)
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) (57)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (53)
- Sharks say Fleury was ‘shaky’ and ‘fighting it’ in 44-save victory (53)