Sep 14, 2010, 10:30 AM EDT
With the Traverse City and London, Ontario tournaments taking the night off, there were just two rookie camp games on Monday. Let’s take a look at the results, for those of you who are dying for some hockey.
Calgary Flames 8, Anaheim Ducks 4
Kristi Hennessy nails it with this post-game analysis for the Calgary Flames Web site:
It was a Jon Rheault show in Penticton as the Flames took on the Anaheim Ducks Monday night at the Young Stars Tournament . Rheault displayed his crafty hands and made a case for himself to attend Calgary Flames main training camp, scoring three goals and adding two helpers for a five point game as the Flames defeat the Ducks by a convincing score of 8-4.
It sounds like the Jon Rheault show was quite a bit more entertaining than the Chevy Chase show or the Magic Hour, but I cannot say that from personal experience.
Vancouver Canucks 5, San Jose Sharks 3
The San Jose baby Sharks went into the third period down three goals and couldn’t quite make up that difference despite out-shooting the mini-Canucks 20-9. The Sharks put 38 shots on net altogether compared to 27 for the Canucks. Aaron Volpatti lead the way for Vancouver with two goals.
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 14
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 12
- Blues sign former eighth overall pick Mueller 28
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center 43
- Eric Staal has surgery to repair ‘core muscle injury’ 6
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 16
- Two down, one to go: Wings ink Tatar to three-year, $8.25M deal 12
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 63
- Subban not eager to discuss contract talks 34
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 22
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain (45)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (43)
- New Caps regime plans to keep Ovechkin at RW (for now) (42)
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal (39)