Sep 14, 2010, 10:30 AM EDT
With the Traverse City and London, Ontario tournaments taking the night off, there were just two rookie camp games on Monday. Let’s take a look at the results, for those of you who are dying for some hockey.
Calgary Flames 8, Anaheim Ducks 4
Kristi Hennessy nails it with this post-game analysis for the Calgary Flames Web site:
It was a Jon Rheault show in Penticton as the Flames took on the Anaheim Ducks Monday night at the Young Stars Tournament . Rheault displayed his crafty hands and made a case for himself to attend Calgary Flames main training camp, scoring three goals and adding two helpers for a five point game as the Flames defeat the Ducks by a convincing score of 8-4.
It sounds like the Jon Rheault show was quite a bit more entertaining than the Chevy Chase show or the Magic Hour, but I cannot say that from personal experience.
Vancouver Canucks 5, San Jose Sharks 3
The San Jose baby Sharks went into the third period down three goals and couldn’t quite make up that difference despite out-shooting the mini-Canucks 20-9. The Sharks put 38 shots on net altogether compared to 27 for the Canucks. Aaron Volpatti lead the way for Vancouver with two goals.
- Burrows suspended three games for ‘late hit to the head’ on Emelin 2
- Blues say Center for Disease Control hasn’t been to Scottrade, don’t plan on it coming 5
- Agent: Vanek was not ‘involved’ in money laundering 8
- Even after big changes, Isles still struggling defensively 13
- Back to junior: Sabres return Reinhart to WHL Kootenay 4
- Report: Phone hearing for Burrows, who says hit on Emelin wasn’t late 35
- Video: Burrows catches Emelin with a late hit (Updated) 12
- Report: Thomas Vanek involved in money laundering scandal 36
- Video: Devils (finally) win a shootout 4
- Video: Lucic and Stewart drop the gloves 24
- Video: John Moore with an elbow to the head of Erik Haula (Updated) (62)
- Report: Varlamov being sued by ex-girlfriend (47)
- Kreider calls Brodin hit a ‘bang-bang play,’ doesn’t plan to dramatically change his game (46)
- No hearing scheduled for Kreider after Brodin hit (44)
- Kopitar out, Lombardi irate as Kings will play shorthanded vs. Flyers (40)