Sep 14, 2010, 3:40 PM EDT
The Boston Red Sox adopted “Sweet Caroline.” Many years ago, the World Series winning 1979 Pittsburgh Pirates decided to embrace “We are family.” Throughout sports history, many teams associated eras with a specific theme song.
Whether you’re a fan of the Chicago Blackhawks or one of the teams they stomped on their way to a long-awaited Stanley Cup victory, chances are you heard the infections “Do-duh-duh-do” of the team’s goal song, “Chelsea Dagger” by the Fratellis.
One video that’s making the rounds today includes Blackhawks fans dancing to the near-ubiquitous goal song. That group includes friend of PHT (and noted hockey insider) Forklift from Hockee Night, who I believe made the amusing Chris Pronger joke in the very beginning of the video. Fork would wipe the (dance) floor with me, no doubt about it:
Unless you’re a fan of the Red Wings, Predators, Canucks or Flyers, it’s pretty difficult to hate the Blackhawks (and their long-suffering fans in particular) for the stupendous way they’ve celebrated the Cup victory. Some might say “Act like you’ve been there,” but those who were alive for the last Bobby Hull/Stan Mikita-led Cup run probably only have fuzzy memories of the events.
Besides, it’s the Stanley Cup. You’re supposed to go a little crazy for it, aren’t you?
- Ducks hold off spirited Stars comeback, take 1-0 series lead 1
- Weise gives Canadiens 1-0 series lead with overtime win 7
- Penguins outlast Blue Jackets, take Game 1 26
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers 79
- Bulletin-board material: Why your team won’t win the Stanley Cup 36
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? 57
- 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs: PHT’s Round 1 picks 35
- Pressing Question: Can the Blackhawks avoid the Stanley Cup hangover? 10
- Florida wins ’14 NHL draft lottery, will pick first overall 42
- Philly mum on Mason’s availability for Game 1 vs. Rangers 26
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers (79)
- Lightning’s Malone arrested for DUI, cocaine possession (73)
- Update: Daniel Sedin in stable condition, hospitalized after scary hit (58)
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? (57)