Sep 14, 2010, 3:40 PM EST
The Boston Red Sox adopted “Sweet Caroline.” Many years ago, the World Series winning 1979 Pittsburgh Pirates decided to embrace “We are family.” Throughout sports history, many teams associated eras with a specific theme song.
Whether you’re a fan of the Chicago Blackhawks or one of the teams they stomped on their way to a long-awaited Stanley Cup victory, chances are you heard the infections “Do-duh-duh-do” of the team’s goal song, “Chelsea Dagger” by the Fratellis.
One video that’s making the rounds today includes Blackhawks fans dancing to the near-ubiquitous goal song. That group includes friend of PHT (and noted hockey insider) Forklift from Hockee Night, who I believe made the amusing Chris Pronger joke in the very beginning of the video. Fork would wipe the (dance) floor with me, no doubt about it:
Unless you’re a fan of the Red Wings, Predators, Canucks or Flyers, it’s pretty difficult to hate the Blackhawks (and their long-suffering fans in particular) for the stupendous way they’ve celebrated the Cup victory. Some might say “Act like you’ve been there,” but those who were alive for the last Bobby Hull/Stan Mikita-led Cup run probably only have fuzzy memories of the events.
Besides, it’s the Stanley Cup. You’re supposed to go a little crazy for it, aren’t you?
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 145
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 97
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 117
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 8
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 15
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 89
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 87
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 69
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 47
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (180)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (144)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (127)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (117)
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller (97)