Sep 14, 2010, 3:40 PM EDT
The Boston Red Sox adopted “Sweet Caroline.” Many years ago, the World Series winning 1979 Pittsburgh Pirates decided to embrace “We are family.” Throughout sports history, many teams associated eras with a specific theme song.
Whether you’re a fan of the Chicago Blackhawks or one of the teams they stomped on their way to a long-awaited Stanley Cup victory, chances are you heard the infections “Do-duh-duh-do” of the team’s goal song, “Chelsea Dagger” by the Fratellis.
One video that’s making the rounds today includes Blackhawks fans dancing to the near-ubiquitous goal song. That group includes friend of PHT (and noted hockey insider) Forklift from Hockee Night, who I believe made the amusing Chris Pronger joke in the very beginning of the video. Fork would wipe the (dance) floor with me, no doubt about it:
Unless you’re a fan of the Red Wings, Predators, Canucks or Flyers, it’s pretty difficult to hate the Blackhawks (and their long-suffering fans in particular) for the stupendous way they’ve celebrated the Cup victory. Some might say “Act like you’ve been there,” but those who were alive for the last Bobby Hull/Stan Mikita-led Cup run probably only have fuzzy memories of the events.
Besides, it’s the Stanley Cup. You’re supposed to go a little crazy for it, aren’t you?
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 4
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 17
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 37
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 46
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 21
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? 70
- It goes to eleven: Lightning edge Rangers in track meet 34
- Brodeur signs three-year deal to be Blues’ assistant GM 12
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy 172
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (90)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)