Sep 14, 2010, 3:40 PM EST
The Boston Red Sox adopted “Sweet Caroline.” Many years ago, the World Series winning 1979 Pittsburgh Pirates decided to embrace “We are family.” Throughout sports history, many teams associated eras with a specific theme song.
Whether you’re a fan of the Chicago Blackhawks or one of the teams they stomped on their way to a long-awaited Stanley Cup victory, chances are you heard the infections “Do-duh-duh-do” of the team’s goal song, “Chelsea Dagger” by the Fratellis.
One video that’s making the rounds today includes Blackhawks fans dancing to the near-ubiquitous goal song. That group includes friend of PHT (and noted hockey insider) Forklift from Hockee Night, who I believe made the amusing Chris Pronger joke in the very beginning of the video. Fork would wipe the (dance) floor with me, no doubt about it:
Unless you’re a fan of the Red Wings, Predators, Canucks or Flyers, it’s pretty difficult to hate the Blackhawks (and their long-suffering fans in particular) for the stupendous way they’ve celebrated the Cup victory. Some might say “Act like you’ve been there,” but those who were alive for the last Bobby Hull/Stan Mikita-led Cup run probably only have fuzzy memories of the events.
Besides, it’s the Stanley Cup. You’re supposed to go a little crazy for it, aren’t you?
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 2
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 20
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 29
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 6
- Dealing with the Devils: NHL reverses Kovalchuk punishment 47
- Playoff bubble watch — Rangers edition 14
- Video: Emotional day for Martin St. Louis ends in OT loss for Rangers 27
- Video: Caps, Flyers engage in another line brawl 53
- PHT’s 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 28
- Winners and losers of the 2014 trade deadline 48
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Sabres send Miller, Ott to Blues for package including Halak, Stewart (74)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)