Sep 14, 2010, 3:40 PM EST
The Boston Red Sox adopted “Sweet Caroline.” Many years ago, the World Series winning 1979 Pittsburgh Pirates decided to embrace “We are family.” Throughout sports history, many teams associated eras with a specific theme song.
Whether you’re a fan of the Chicago Blackhawks or one of the teams they stomped on their way to a long-awaited Stanley Cup victory, chances are you heard the infections “Do-duh-duh-do” of the team’s goal song, “Chelsea Dagger” by the Fratellis.
One video that’s making the rounds today includes Blackhawks fans dancing to the near-ubiquitous goal song. That group includes friend of PHT (and noted hockey insider) Forklift from Hockee Night, who I believe made the amusing Chris Pronger joke in the very beginning of the video. Fork would wipe the (dance) floor with me, no doubt about it:
Unless you’re a fan of the Red Wings, Predators, Canucks or Flyers, it’s pretty difficult to hate the Blackhawks (and their long-suffering fans in particular) for the stupendous way they’ve celebrated the Cup victory. Some might say “Act like you’ve been there,” but those who were alive for the last Bobby Hull/Stan Mikita-led Cup run probably only have fuzzy memories of the events.
Besides, it’s the Stanley Cup. You’re supposed to go a little crazy for it, aren’t you?
- Team Canada crushes Slovakia 4
- Criticism spreads to GM Lou Lamoriello after Devils fire DeBoer 4
- Eichel earns assist and scores in shootout as U.S. squeaks by Finland 1
- Canada enters World Juniors as 11/10 favorite; USA next at 9/4 2
- Devils fire DeBoer 20
- More mumps: Downie and Greiss test positive 4
- Orpik reflects on ‘outside pressure’ in Pittsburgh 18
- Canada tabs Fucale for WJC opener 0
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Ovechkin’s great big year of disappointment 10
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (76)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)
- Panthers hold off Penguins for shootout win (42)