Sep 14, 2010, 5:30 PM EDT
You know what they say, a picture is worth a thousand words (or maybe a few hundred dropped jaws). Check out Evgeni Malkin’s … “throwback” hair style from the Pittsburgh Penguins media day.
And just for good measure, here’s Malkin strutting his stuff in what seems like a professional wrestling-style entrance. (No pyrotechnics or Ric Flair-style robes, though, sadly.)
(click to enlarge, image via the Penguins’ official Twitter site.)
I expect Malkin to rebound after struggling to a 77 point season in only 67 games played, but he might night bounce back so easily from the follicle fallout ahead of him. Hopefully he has thick skin to match his slick fade.
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 7
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 21
- Blues prevail in longest game in franchise history as Steen scores in third OT 7
- Video: Sharks’ Brown runs Voynov into Quick, scrum ensues 2
- Opportunistic Rangers pull away from Flyers, take 1-0 series lead 53
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 1) 1
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 1) 1
- Report: Hextall ‘in the mix’ for Vancouver GM job 25
- Fuel, meet fire: Torres to return for Sharks-Kings Game 1 11
- FYI: Hartnell and Voracek have black beards now 39