Sep 14, 2010, 5:30 PM EDT
You know what they say, a picture is worth a thousand words (or maybe a few hundred dropped jaws). Check out Evgeni Malkin’s … “throwback” hair style from the Pittsburgh Penguins media day.
And just for good measure, here’s Malkin strutting his stuff in what seems like a professional wrestling-style entrance. (No pyrotechnics or Ric Flair-style robes, though, sadly.)
(click to enlarge, image via the Penguins’ official Twitter site.)
I expect Malkin to rebound after struggling to a 77 point season in only 67 games played, but he might night bounce back so easily from the follicle fallout ahead of him. Hopefully he has thick skin to match his slick fade.
- Under Pressure: Turris, MacArthur & Ryan 1
- It’s Ottawa Senators day on PHT 7
- Report: Leiweke to head up Olympic bid in Los Angeles 11
- In praise of John Tavares 14
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 26
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 19
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 39
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47