Sep 13, 2010, 4:39 PM EDT
Sabres captain Craig Rivet is set to be ready for the start of the season after undergoing off-season shoulder surgery.
The Sabres reliance on Rivet this year is relatively important. Not only being the team captain, he’s the lynchpin to their defensive work along the blue line as well. While the Sabres added Shaone Morrisonn in the off-season, the rest of their defensive crew isn’t quite as deep.
The Sabres run about seven deep on defense so any injuries to anyone will make life difficult and digging into the AHL in Portland won’t offer much experienced relief.
- Panthers owners say they’re committed even though team has lost ‘tremendous amounts of money’ 3
- Update: Wild’s Harding out indefinitely with fractured foot 17
- Johansen heads home from Columbus as talks get even messier 14
- Kesler accuses Vancouver media of making up stories, ‘throwing people under the bus’ 19
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal 49
- Mike Yeo is pretty unhappy with Minnesota’s goalie situation 20
- Much to his relief, Lecavalier will start season at center 14
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 61
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 15
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 11
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (61)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (50)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)