Sep 13, 2010, 4:39 PM EDT
Sabres captain Craig Rivet is set to be ready for the start of the season after undergoing off-season shoulder surgery.
The Sabres reliance on Rivet this year is relatively important. Not only being the team captain, he’s the lynchpin to their defensive work along the blue line as well. While the Sabres added Shaone Morrisonn in the off-season, the rest of their defensive crew isn’t quite as deep.
The Sabres run about seven deep on defense so any injuries to anyone will make life difficult and digging into the AHL in Portland won’t offer much experienced relief.
- Video: Patrick Kane scores a beauty against Buffalo 0
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 24
- Lundqvist shuts out Red Wings to claim 300th victory 10
- NHL on NBCSN: Hawks know they can’t take Sabres lightly 10
- NHL on NBC: Red Wings, Rangers fight to cling onto playoff spots 2
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 18
- Stars believe Lehtonen suffered concussion from Haula collision (update) 23
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 11
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 12
- Ryan Murray has knee surgery, likely done for season 1
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (66)