Sep 13, 2010, 4:39 PM EDT
Sabres captain Craig Rivet is set to be ready for the start of the season after undergoing off-season shoulder surgery.
The Sabres reliance on Rivet this year is relatively important. Not only being the team captain, he’s the lynchpin to their defensive work along the blue line as well. While the Sabres added Shaone Morrisonn in the off-season, the rest of their defensive crew isn’t quite as deep.
The Sabres run about seven deep on defense so any injuries to anyone will make life difficult and digging into the AHL in Portland won’t offer much experienced relief.
- Lightning ‘answer the challenge’ in Game 7 to reach Stanley Cup Final 2
- Vigneault: McDonagh was playing with a broken foot 12
- Bolts strike Stanley Cup Final berth thanks to Game 7 win over Rangers 63
- The Ducks got Kesler for a game like Saturday’s 31
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win 54
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 13
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 46
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 18
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue 56
- Stanley Cup Final to begin June 3 10
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (77)
- Bolts strike Stanley Cup Final berth thanks to Game 7 win over Rangers (67)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ (54)