Sep 13, 2010, 4:39 PM EDT
Sabres captain Craig Rivet is set to be ready for the start of the season after undergoing off-season shoulder surgery.
The Sabres reliance on Rivet this year is relatively important. Not only being the team captain, he’s the lynchpin to their defensive work along the blue line as well. While the Sabres added Shaone Morrisonn in the off-season, the rest of their defensive crew isn’t quite as deep.
The Sabres run about seven deep on defense so any injuries to anyone will make life difficult and digging into the AHL in Portland won’t offer much experienced relief.
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 7
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 5
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 26
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 42
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 38
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 69
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 3
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Lucic regrets handshake-line actions, but isn’t apologizing (58)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)