Sep 12, 2010, 1:00 AM EDT
Even in the depressingly hockey-free summer, we expect to be a productive bunch here at Pro Hockey Talk. Sometimes it might be difficult to follow our pace. We understand that. For that reason, whenever we can, we’ll put all of the day’s stories in one convenient post called the PHT Nightcap. Enjoy, hockey fans.
Brayden Schenn’s knee injury doesn’t cause structural damage – Great news for the LA Kings’ 2009 1st round draft pick.
NHLPA endorses Donald Fehr, player vote awaits – Could there be a resolution for this story soon?
Pens prospect Alex Grant taken to hospital after hit – A sad story to begin the rookie competitions.
Rangers invite two journeyman defensemen to tryouts – With Ruslan Fedetenko also receiving a tryout, it could be an interesting training camp for the New York Rangers.
Why Nathan Horton might (or might not) be a key addition to the Boston Bruins – This one comes down to Horton’s considerable ability vs. his history of injury problems.
Are sports games like NHL ’11 too complicated? – I think hockey is the perfect sport for video games and welcome a wide variety of game styles. It would certainly be great to see more arcade style games, but NHL ’11 is a lot of fun in its own right.
Will next year’s Edmonton Oilers pass the “smell test”? – An interesting look into the thinking behind building NHL teams.
A recap of the rookie tournament action – Information about Saturday’s six rookie/prospect-packed games.
- Price makes 43 saves as Senators’ magical run ends in controversy 33
- Video: Fast whistle costs Senators potentially critical goal 13
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 3
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance 93
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 17
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 12
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 25
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 49
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 23
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 43
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (93)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)