Sep 12, 2010, 1:00 AM EDT
Even in the depressingly hockey-free summer, we expect to be a productive bunch here at Pro Hockey Talk. Sometimes it might be difficult to follow our pace. We understand that. For that reason, whenever we can, we’ll put all of the day’s stories in one convenient post called the PHT Nightcap. Enjoy, hockey fans.
Brayden Schenn’s knee injury doesn’t cause structural damage – Great news for the LA Kings’ 2009 1st round draft pick.
NHLPA endorses Donald Fehr, player vote awaits – Could there be a resolution for this story soon?
Pens prospect Alex Grant taken to hospital after hit – A sad story to begin the rookie competitions.
Rangers invite two journeyman defensemen to tryouts – With Ruslan Fedetenko also receiving a tryout, it could be an interesting training camp for the New York Rangers.
Why Nathan Horton might (or might not) be a key addition to the Boston Bruins – This one comes down to Horton’s considerable ability vs. his history of injury problems.
Are sports games like NHL ’11 too complicated? – I think hockey is the perfect sport for video games and welcome a wide variety of game styles. It would certainly be great to see more arcade style games, but NHL ’11 is a lot of fun in its own right.
Will next year’s Edmonton Oilers pass the “smell test”? – An interesting look into the thinking behind building NHL teams.
A recap of the rookie tournament action – Information about Saturday’s six rookie/prospect-packed games.
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 0
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 50
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 9
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 25
- Vermette, Teravainen return for Blackhawks in Game 4 15
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 24
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 53
- All eyes on Lundqvist 11
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)