Sep 12, 2010, 1:00 AM EDT
Even in the depressingly hockey-free summer, we expect to be a productive bunch here at Pro Hockey Talk. Sometimes it might be difficult to follow our pace. We understand that. For that reason, whenever we can, we’ll put all of the day’s stories in one convenient post called the PHT Nightcap. Enjoy, hockey fans.
Brayden Schenn’s knee injury doesn’t cause structural damage – Great news for the LA Kings’ 2009 1st round draft pick.
NHLPA endorses Donald Fehr, player vote awaits – Could there be a resolution for this story soon?
Pens prospect Alex Grant taken to hospital after hit – A sad story to begin the rookie competitions.
Rangers invite two journeyman defensemen to tryouts – With Ruslan Fedetenko also receiving a tryout, it could be an interesting training camp for the New York Rangers.
Why Nathan Horton might (or might not) be a key addition to the Boston Bruins – This one comes down to Horton’s considerable ability vs. his history of injury problems.
Are sports games like NHL ’11 too complicated? – I think hockey is the perfect sport for video games and welcome a wide variety of game styles. It would certainly be great to see more arcade style games, but NHL ’11 is a lot of fun in its own right.
Will next year’s Edmonton Oilers pass the “smell test”? – An interesting look into the thinking behind building NHL teams.
A recap of the rookie tournament action – Information about Saturday’s six rookie/prospect-packed games.
- Stars win one night after Peverley collapse, give Miller first Blues loss 3
- Crosby, Pens continue recent dominance of Ovechkin, Caps 19
- Terry Trafford’s body found in Michigan on Tuesday 8
- PHT Extra: What happens if the Caps miss the playoffs? 17
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 6
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 57
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 11
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 27
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 19
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (69)
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter (59)