Sep 12, 2010, 1:00 AM EDT
Even in the depressingly hockey-free summer, we expect to be a productive bunch here at Pro Hockey Talk. Sometimes it might be difficult to follow our pace. We understand that. For that reason, whenever we can, we’ll put all of the day’s stories in one convenient post called the PHT Nightcap. Enjoy, hockey fans.
Brayden Schenn’s knee injury doesn’t cause structural damage – Great news for the LA Kings’ 2009 1st round draft pick.
NHLPA endorses Donald Fehr, player vote awaits – Could there be a resolution for this story soon?
Pens prospect Alex Grant taken to hospital after hit – A sad story to begin the rookie competitions.
Rangers invite two journeyman defensemen to tryouts – With Ruslan Fedetenko also receiving a tryout, it could be an interesting training camp for the New York Rangers.
Why Nathan Horton might (or might not) be a key addition to the Boston Bruins – This one comes down to Horton’s considerable ability vs. his history of injury problems.
Are sports games like NHL ’11 too complicated? – I think hockey is the perfect sport for video games and welcome a wide variety of game styles. It would certainly be great to see more arcade style games, but NHL ’11 is a lot of fun in its own right.
Will next year’s Edmonton Oilers pass the “smell test”? – An interesting look into the thinking behind building NHL teams.
A recap of the rookie tournament action – Information about Saturday’s six rookie/prospect-packed games.
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 5
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 11
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 11
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 6
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 14
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 12
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 25
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 74
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 (74)