Sep 12, 2010, 1:00 AM EST
Even in the depressingly hockey-free summer, we expect to be a productive bunch here at Pro Hockey Talk. Sometimes it might be difficult to follow our pace. We understand that. For that reason, whenever we can, we’ll put all of the day’s stories in one convenient post called the PHT Nightcap. Enjoy, hockey fans.
Brayden Schenn’s knee injury doesn’t cause structural damage – Great news for the LA Kings’ 2009 1st round draft pick.
NHLPA endorses Donald Fehr, player vote awaits – Could there be a resolution for this story soon?
Pens prospect Alex Grant taken to hospital after hit – A sad story to begin the rookie competitions.
Rangers invite two journeyman defensemen to tryouts – With Ruslan Fedetenko also receiving a tryout, it could be an interesting training camp for the New York Rangers.
Why Nathan Horton might (or might not) be a key addition to the Boston Bruins – This one comes down to Horton’s considerable ability vs. his history of injury problems.
Are sports games like NHL ’11 too complicated? – I think hockey is the perfect sport for video games and welcome a wide variety of game styles. It would certainly be great to see more arcade style games, but NHL ’11 is a lot of fun in its own right.
Will next year’s Edmonton Oilers pass the “smell test”? – An interesting look into the thinking behind building NHL teams.
A recap of the rookie tournament action – Information about Saturday’s six rookie/prospect-packed games.
- Report: Salary cap ‘may be around’ $70 million next season 17
- TGIF: Five NHL games to watch this weekend 5
- Report: Laviolette a candidate to replace Capuano 21
- Sharks say Fleury was ‘shaky’ and ‘fighting it’ in 44-save victory 53
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) 57
- Seguin (concussion) cleared to play tonight 0
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ 89
- Will the Rangers use a compliance buyout on Richards? 10
- Malkin (lower body) to miss tonight’s game versus Sharks 20
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 60
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (89)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (60)
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) (57)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (53)
- Sharks say Fleury was ‘shaky’ and ‘fighting it’ in 44-save victory (53)