Sep 12, 2010, 11:20 AM EST
After spending the night in the hospital after taking a hit into the boards by Senators prospect David Dziurzynski during Saturday’s rookie competitions, Pittsburgh Penguins prospect Alex Grant was released from the hospital. Dave Molinari of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette broke the news.
Defenseman Alex Grant, injured Saturday during a prospects-tournament game in London, Ontario, has been released from the hospital.
Penguins general manager Ray Shero said Grant was diagnosed with a broken wrist and whiplash, but that tests detected no other damage.
Grant is scheduled to be re-examined in Pittsburgh later this week.
Even in a sport as violent as hockey, I rarely hear about players suffer from whiplash, an injury normally associated with car crashes. Still, it sounds like Grant will walk away from the hit with his health mostly intact all things considered.
If Grant’s injuries are more severe once he is re-examined, we’ll pass along the news.
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 6
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 1
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 5
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 8
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 21
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 46
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 39
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 51
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 59
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)