Sep 12, 2010, 11:20 AM EDT
After spending the night in the hospital after taking a hit into the boards by Senators prospect David Dziurzynski during Saturday’s rookie competitions, Pittsburgh Penguins prospect Alex Grant was released from the hospital. Dave Molinari of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette broke the news.
Defenseman Alex Grant, injured Saturday during a prospects-tournament game in London, Ontario, has been released from the hospital.
Penguins general manager Ray Shero said Grant was diagnosed with a broken wrist and whiplash, but that tests detected no other damage.
Grant is scheduled to be re-examined in Pittsburgh later this week.
Even in a sport as violent as hockey, I rarely hear about players suffer from whiplash, an injury normally associated with car crashes. Still, it sounds like Grant will walk away from the hit with his health mostly intact all things considered.
If Grant’s injuries are more severe once he is re-examined, we’ll pass along the news.
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 13
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 22
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 13
- Krejci ‘probable’ to return versus Ducks 10
- Flyers announce Simmonds, MacDonald done for the season with injuries 18
- Video: Flyers crush Blackhawks, Voracek joins league lead in points 11
- Report: Draft Lottery to be held on Apr. 18 13
- Sens tell fans to stop throwing hamburgers 35
- NHL confirms working with Isles, Leddy regarding Twitter threats (Updated) 16
- Snider: Patience is ‘great with the kids,’ but not with ‘the team we have on the ice’ 11
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Asst. GM Guerin admits Penguins need to lay off the refs (52)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)