Pens prospect Alex Grant taken to hospital after hit in first game of London, Ontario Prospects Tournament
Sep 11, 2010, 3:15 PM EDT
With rookie camps already underway with rookie tournaments underway in Penticton, BC, London, ON and Traverse City, Michigan involving many teams, it’s only right that we keep you posted with what’s going on. Travis Hughes at SB Nation has a solid informational quick hit post on where to find plenty of info surrounding all three tournaments.
With things already underway in London, Ontario this afternoon with the Penguins rookies taking on the Senators rookies, there’s already unfortunate news going on. Pens prospect defenseman Alex Grant was taken from the ice on a stretcher and has been taken to the hospitall after a collision with the boards in the first period with Sens prospect David Dziurzynski. Dziurzynski was given a five-minute major and thrown out of the game.
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 10
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 9
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 8
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 21
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 13
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 18