Pens prospect Alex Grant taken to hospital after hit in first game of London, Ontario Prospects Tournament
Sep 11, 2010, 3:15 PM EST
With rookie camps already underway with rookie tournaments underway in Penticton, BC, London, ON and Traverse City, Michigan involving many teams, it’s only right that we keep you posted with what’s going on. Travis Hughes at SB Nation has a solid informational quick hit post on where to find plenty of info surrounding all three tournaments.
With things already underway in London, Ontario this afternoon with the Penguins rookies taking on the Senators rookies, there’s already unfortunate news going on. Pens prospect defenseman Alex Grant was taken from the ice on a stretcher and has been taken to the hospitall after a collision with the boards in the first period with Sens prospect David Dziurzynski. Dziurzynski was given a five-minute major and thrown out of the game.
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 3
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 5
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 3
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 39
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 15
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 18
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8