Sep 11, 2010, 10:37 AM EST
The best news that might emerge from the Kings’ rookie camp arrived Friday, before the first prospect took the ice in El Segundo.
According to General Manager Dean Lombardi, an MRI exam performed Friday on the knee of prized prospect Brayden Schenn showed no structural damage, leaving Schenn’s status day to day.
Schenn, a contender to center the second line, hurt his knee Tuesday while practicing with his junior team. The mishap sparked rumors he would be out weeks or months, which apparently isn’t true. Lombardi said Schenn will continue treatment and rehabilitation and will be reevaluated daily.
In other words, the initial worries were much ado about nothing. Given the reaction by Kings fans, perhaps we’ve now got a new contender for most panicky fan base in the NHL. The expectations are high this year for the Kings and while it’s a toss-up whether or not Schenn would make the Kings this year or be sent back to Brandon for another year of junior development, it’s unclear. With this injury not being serious the Kings get to still evaluate him as to whether or not he’s pro-ready and we all get to needle Kings fans for being worrywarts.
- Isles’ Clutterbuck latest to be fined for diving 13
- No hearing scheduled for Kesler after ‘dirty play’ on Dorsett 19
- Why NHL fans — no matter where they live — should care about the plunging Canadian dollar 17
- Trade: Pens acquire Lapierre from Blues for Goc 61
- Video: Habs’ Emelin ejected for hit on Stars’ Spezza 28
- Martin Brodeur to retire, become Blues asst. GM (Updated) 41
- Mike Richards clears waivers 32
- Game on: Islanders-Rangers to be played despite storm 15
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 57
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 17
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (127)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (63)
- Trade: Pens acquire Lapierre from Blues for Goc (61)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)