Sep 10, 2010, 7:52 PM EDT
After a couple weeks of speculation, the rumors about Ruslan Fedotenko getting an invitation to New York Rangers training camp are true. TSN’s Bob McKenzie confirmed that Fedotenko will be attending camp with the Rangers and looking to win a job with the blueshirts.
The Rangers conglomeration of forwards is, to say the least, interesting and Fedotenko, should he make the team, only adds to that intrigue. While Marian Gaborik is the lone player you can count on for consistent goals, everyone else provides more questions than answers. With no other sure things locked into the lineup, it can’t hurt for the Rangers to try out anyone and everyone to see if they can come up with a melting pot style that works out well.
The only catch with Fedotenko is whether or not he’s got the get-up-and-go anymore as he showed signs of wear and tear with the Penguins last season, only a year removed from him being one of their more surprising production forwards. If he’s in prime shape, you can bank on him to score between 15-20 goals in a season and for a guy that’s destined to play in a third-line kind of role, that’s outstanding. Whether or not he’s still got it will be figured out in training camp.
- All eyes on Lundqvist 6
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 9
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 27
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 38
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 46
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 21
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? 70
- It goes to eleven: Lightning edge Rangers in track meet 34
- Brodeur signs three-year deal to be Blues’ assistant GM 12
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (90)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)