Sep 10, 2010, 7:52 PM EDT
After a couple weeks of speculation, the rumors about Ruslan Fedotenko getting an invitation to New York Rangers training camp are true. TSN’s Bob McKenzie confirmed that Fedotenko will be attending camp with the Rangers and looking to win a job with the blueshirts.
The Rangers conglomeration of forwards is, to say the least, interesting and Fedotenko, should he make the team, only adds to that intrigue. While Marian Gaborik is the lone player you can count on for consistent goals, everyone else provides more questions than answers. With no other sure things locked into the lineup, it can’t hurt for the Rangers to try out anyone and everyone to see if they can come up with a melting pot style that works out well.
The only catch with Fedotenko is whether or not he’s got the get-up-and-go anymore as he showed signs of wear and tear with the Penguins last season, only a year removed from him being one of their more surprising production forwards. If he’s in prime shape, you can bank on him to score between 15-20 goals in a season and for a guy that’s destined to play in a third-line kind of role, that’s outstanding. Whether or not he’s still got it will be figured out in training camp.
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 5
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 5
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 17
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 23
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 24
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 15
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- Under Pressure: Randy Carlyle 5
- NHL-to-Vegas talks gaining steam (68)
- Report: Bruins need to make a trade (61)
- Sounds like San Jose handled stripping Thornton’s captaincy really well (43)
- Fanspeak: Mats Sundin voted greatest Maple Leaf in franchise history (43)
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history (41)