Sep 10, 2010, 7:52 PM EST
After a couple weeks of speculation, the rumors about Ruslan Fedotenko getting an invitation to New York Rangers training camp are true. TSN’s Bob McKenzie confirmed that Fedotenko will be attending camp with the Rangers and looking to win a job with the blueshirts.
The Rangers conglomeration of forwards is, to say the least, interesting and Fedotenko, should he make the team, only adds to that intrigue. While Marian Gaborik is the lone player you can count on for consistent goals, everyone else provides more questions than answers. With no other sure things locked into the lineup, it can’t hurt for the Rangers to try out anyone and everyone to see if they can come up with a melting pot style that works out well.
The only catch with Fedotenko is whether or not he’s got the get-up-and-go anymore as he showed signs of wear and tear with the Penguins last season, only a year removed from him being one of their more surprising production forwards. If he’s in prime shape, you can bank on him to score between 15-20 goals in a season and for a guy that’s destined to play in a third-line kind of role, that’s outstanding. Whether or not he’s still got it will be figured out in training camp.
- Video: NHL on NBC panel breaks down the coaching situation in New Jersey 0
- Lou Lamoriello unveils highly unorthodox coaching plan 34
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks, Kings renew hostilities 2
- NHL on NBCSN: Can Capitals take advantage of depleted Penguins? 2
- Team Canada crushes Slovakia 14
- Criticism spreads to GM Lou Lamoriello after Devils fire DeBoer 10
- Eichel earns assist and scores in shootout as U.S. squeaks by Finland 2
- Canada enters World Juniors as 11/10 favorite; USA next at 9/4 5
- Devils fire DeBoer 21
- More mumps: Downie and Greiss test positive 7
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (76)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)
- Panthers hold off Penguins for shootout win (42)