Sep 10, 2010, 7:52 PM EDT
After a couple weeks of speculation, the rumors about Ruslan Fedotenko getting an invitation to New York Rangers training camp are true. TSN’s Bob McKenzie confirmed that Fedotenko will be attending camp with the Rangers and looking to win a job with the blueshirts.
The Rangers conglomeration of forwards is, to say the least, interesting and Fedotenko, should he make the team, only adds to that intrigue. While Marian Gaborik is the lone player you can count on for consistent goals, everyone else provides more questions than answers. With no other sure things locked into the lineup, it can’t hurt for the Rangers to try out anyone and everyone to see if they can come up with a melting pot style that works out well.
The only catch with Fedotenko is whether or not he’s got the get-up-and-go anymore as he showed signs of wear and tear with the Penguins last season, only a year removed from him being one of their more surprising production forwards. If he’s in prime shape, you can bank on him to score between 15-20 goals in a season and for a guy that’s destined to play in a third-line kind of role, that’s outstanding. Whether or not he’s still got it will be figured out in training camp.
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 0
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 69
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 34
- Crashing Lightning: Montreal crushes Tampa Bay, takes 2-0 series lead 6
- Quenneville gets $25,000 fine for ‘bush-league move’ 12
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 41
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 20
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 13
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 16
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 63