Sep 10, 2010, 7:52 PM EDT
After a couple weeks of speculation, the rumors about Ruslan Fedotenko getting an invitation to New York Rangers training camp are true. TSN’s Bob McKenzie confirmed that Fedotenko will be attending camp with the Rangers and looking to win a job with the blueshirts.
The Rangers conglomeration of forwards is, to say the least, interesting and Fedotenko, should he make the team, only adds to that intrigue. While Marian Gaborik is the lone player you can count on for consistent goals, everyone else provides more questions than answers. With no other sure things locked into the lineup, it can’t hurt for the Rangers to try out anyone and everyone to see if they can come up with a melting pot style that works out well.
The only catch with Fedotenko is whether or not he’s got the get-up-and-go anymore as he showed signs of wear and tear with the Penguins last season, only a year removed from him being one of their more surprising production forwards. If he’s in prime shape, you can bank on him to score between 15-20 goals in a season and for a guy that’s destined to play in a third-line kind of role, that’s outstanding. Whether or not he’s still got it will be figured out in training camp.
- IIHF, NHL to meet next month to discuss World Cup (Updated) 0
- Caps unveil new Winter Classic jerseys 19
- Drouin out 3-4 weeks with fractured thumb 3
- On carrying three goalies, and which teams might be forced to do it 8
- Bettman: NHL won’t expand ‘just to fulfill somebody’s notion of symmetry’ 10
- Report: Johansen lowers demands, but not low enough 35
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 8
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 44
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers (44)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)