Sep 9, 2010, 11:55 PM EDT
Even in the depressingly hockey-free summer, we expect to be a productive bunch here at Pro Hockey Talk. Sometimes it might be difficult to follow our pace. We understand that. For that reason, whenever we can, we’ll put all of the day’s stories in one convenient post called the PHT Nightcap. Enjoy, hockey fans.
Mike Gillis joins Twitter – There’s a Dan Ellis joke floating around there somewhere, but I’m tired of that story already.
Kings prospect Brayden Schenn gets injured - Yet I bet that Brian Burke is still pissed the Kings drafted him.
Milan Lucic says his ankle is healed, he’s excited for next season – Watching Lucic in that Boston-Carolina series from the 2009 playoffs on NHL Network was a real treat last week. The Bruins could be a team to watch next season if Lucic is indeed 100 percent.
Robyn Regehr shrugs off trade speculation - Well, he’s not too preoccupied by that whole “NHLPA team representative” thing, either…
Columbus signs first rounder Ryan Johansen – Time will tell if they made a “reach” for Johansen.
Alex Tanguay hopes to re-charge his career this season – While people lampooned his addition and the Olli Jokinen signing, I think Tanguay has “steal” potential. Then again, I thought the same way about Tampa Bay adding Tanguay last summer, so we’ll just have to wait and see.
Video of Mike Modano as a Red Wing – Don’t claw your eyes out Stars fans. Don’t click on the link, either.
Dan Ellis quits Twitter – He put his foot in his mouth, no doubt, but all this means is that another expressive hockey player will clam up. These guys aren’t common, at least on the record.
Derek Meech clears waivers – Not exactly shocking for such a middling defenseman.
NHLPA reps must approve or deny Donald Fehr by Saturday – Well, allegedly. Don’t be surprised if they fail to reach that deadline.
City of Glendale might have to cough up some money by Sept. 15 – Unless something miraculous happens.
Blues introduce Jaroslav Halak, Halak introduces new helmets – It’ll be interesting to see if Halak can make it happen as the Blues’ clear No. 1 next season.
Boyle family celebrates birth of new baby boy – Wesley Ocean Boyle > Apple Martin.
Former Edmonton Oilers owner Peter Pocklington could avoid jail time – No, the crime isn’t murdering Canadian hockey.
Chicago’s John Hancock center to install ice rink at 94th floor – Naturally, I made some Zdeno Chara/Tyler Myers jokes.
Fantasy hockey talk: suggested stat categories – Yes, I know I’m a nerd.
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 3
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 37
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 46
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 19
- Blues sign former eighth overall pick Mueller 31
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center 45
- Eric Staal has surgery to repair ‘core muscle injury’ 6
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 16
- Two down, one to go: Wings ink Tatar to three-year, $8.25M deal 12
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (46)
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain (45)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (45)
- New Caps regime plans to keep Ovechkin at RW (for now) (42)