Sep 9, 2010, 11:55 PM EST
Even in the depressingly hockey-free summer, we expect to be a productive bunch here at Pro Hockey Talk. Sometimes it might be difficult to follow our pace. We understand that. For that reason, whenever we can, we’ll put all of the day’s stories in one convenient post called the PHT Nightcap. Enjoy, hockey fans.
Mike Gillis joins Twitter – There’s a Dan Ellis joke floating around there somewhere, but I’m tired of that story already.
Kings prospect Brayden Schenn gets injured - Yet I bet that Brian Burke is still pissed the Kings drafted him.
Milan Lucic says his ankle is healed, he’s excited for next season – Watching Lucic in that Boston-Carolina series from the 2009 playoffs on NHL Network was a real treat last week. The Bruins could be a team to watch next season if Lucic is indeed 100 percent.
Robyn Regehr shrugs off trade speculation - Well, he’s not too preoccupied by that whole “NHLPA team representative” thing, either…
Columbus signs first rounder Ryan Johansen – Time will tell if they made a “reach” for Johansen.
Alex Tanguay hopes to re-charge his career this season – While people lampooned his addition and the Olli Jokinen signing, I think Tanguay has “steal” potential. Then again, I thought the same way about Tampa Bay adding Tanguay last summer, so we’ll just have to wait and see.
Video of Mike Modano as a Red Wing – Don’t claw your eyes out Stars fans. Don’t click on the link, either.
Dan Ellis quits Twitter – He put his foot in his mouth, no doubt, but all this means is that another expressive hockey player will clam up. These guys aren’t common, at least on the record.
Derek Meech clears waivers – Not exactly shocking for such a middling defenseman.
NHLPA reps must approve or deny Donald Fehr by Saturday – Well, allegedly. Don’t be surprised if they fail to reach that deadline.
City of Glendale might have to cough up some money by Sept. 15 – Unless something miraculous happens.
Blues introduce Jaroslav Halak, Halak introduces new helmets – It’ll be interesting to see if Halak can make it happen as the Blues’ clear No. 1 next season.
Boyle family celebrates birth of new baby boy – Wesley Ocean Boyle > Apple Martin.
Former Edmonton Oilers owner Peter Pocklington could avoid jail time – No, the crime isn’t murdering Canadian hockey.
Chicago’s John Hancock center to install ice rink at 94th floor – Naturally, I made some Zdeno Chara/Tyler Myers jokes.
Fantasy hockey talk: suggested stat categories – Yes, I know I’m a nerd.
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 0
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 48
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 24
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 46
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 9
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 78
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 22
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 36
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 15
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)