Sep 9, 2010, 11:32 AM EDT
Last season, Bruins power forward Milan Lucic was bitten by the injury bug. Struggling with injuries isn’t uncommon for a guy that plays the brand of game that Lucic does, but ankle injuries are a different monster entirely. Bruins fans can relax a little bit over the fact that Lucic says he’s feeling great and can’t wait to start the season as Bruins Insider found out.
“It feels better,” said Lucic. “I can skate on it with now without tape on it. It feels strong. I’ve been on the ice now for almost a month. I’m definitely feeling good about it, feeling pretty confident with the ankle that it will hold up all year and I can put whatever happened last year behind me. Hopefully there’ll be no probems with it. I’ve still got to do my exercises with it to keep it strong.”
A healthy Lucic gives the Bruins a power forward wrecking ball to help open space on the ice for the likes of Marc Savard and now Nathan Horton to score. While Lucic isn’t a goal scorer by nature, his bull-in-a-china-shop way of playing can make life easier for his teammates. He’s not Cam Neely-like in his skill set, but he’s still a guy the Bruins rely on to win games.
(Photo: Bruce Bennett – Getty Images)
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 5
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 6
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 20
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 26
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 41
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 35
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 20