Sep 9, 2010, 11:32 AM EST
Last season, Bruins power forward Milan Lucic was bitten by the injury bug. Struggling with injuries isn’t uncommon for a guy that plays the brand of game that Lucic does, but ankle injuries are a different monster entirely. Bruins fans can relax a little bit over the fact that Lucic says he’s feeling great and can’t wait to start the season as Bruins Insider found out.
“It feels better,” said Lucic. “I can skate on it with now without tape on it. It feels strong. I’ve been on the ice now for almost a month. I’m definitely feeling good about it, feeling pretty confident with the ankle that it will hold up all year and I can put whatever happened last year behind me. Hopefully there’ll be no probems with it. I’ve still got to do my exercises with it to keep it strong.”
A healthy Lucic gives the Bruins a power forward wrecking ball to help open space on the ice for the likes of Marc Savard and now Nathan Horton to score. While Lucic isn’t a goal scorer by nature, his bull-in-a-china-shop way of playing can make life easier for his teammates. He’s not Cam Neely-like in his skill set, but he’s still a guy the Bruins rely on to win games.
(Photo: Bruce Bennett – Getty Images)
- Daly: Fehr’s lockout prediction ‘naive and uneducated’ 19
- Pens send Downie, Sutter, Greiss home for mumps test (Updated) 13
- The Atlantic Division race is going to be fascinating 19
- Flyers rally as Zepp wins his career debut at 33 years old 22
- Oilers squander three-goal lead, lose 18th time in 19 games 11
- Pickard makes one last bid to stay, beats Wings in nine-round SO 6
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno 41
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 17
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 18
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 9