Sep 9, 2010, 11:32 AM EDT
Last season, Bruins power forward Milan Lucic was bitten by the injury bug. Struggling with injuries isn’t uncommon for a guy that plays the brand of game that Lucic does, but ankle injuries are a different monster entirely. Bruins fans can relax a little bit over the fact that Lucic says he’s feeling great and can’t wait to start the season as Bruins Insider found out.
“It feels better,” said Lucic. “I can skate on it with now without tape on it. It feels strong. I’ve been on the ice now for almost a month. I’m definitely feeling good about it, feeling pretty confident with the ankle that it will hold up all year and I can put whatever happened last year behind me. Hopefully there’ll be no probems with it. I’ve still got to do my exercises with it to keep it strong.”
A healthy Lucic gives the Bruins a power forward wrecking ball to help open space on the ice for the likes of Marc Savard and now Nathan Horton to score. While Lucic isn’t a goal scorer by nature, his bull-in-a-china-shop way of playing can make life easier for his teammates. He’s not Cam Neely-like in his skill set, but he’s still a guy the Bruins rely on to win games.
(Photo: Bruce Bennett – Getty Images)
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 7
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 21
- Blues prevail in longest game in franchise history as Steen scores in third OT 7
- Video: Sharks’ Brown runs Voynov into Quick, scrum ensues 2
- Opportunistic Rangers pull away from Flyers, take 1-0 series lead 53
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 1) 1
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 1) 1
- Report: Hextall ‘in the mix’ for Vancouver GM job 25
- Fuel, meet fire: Torres to return for Sharks-Kings Game 1 11
- FYI: Hartnell and Voracek have black beards now 39