Sep 9, 2010, 10:02 AM EDT
The Los Angeles Kings will be holding their breath a bit while they await news on how severe an injury is to one of their top prospects. Rich Hammond of LA Kings Insider lays the bad news on us.
According to the Kings, prospect Brayden Schenn suffered a knee injury during a training session in Canada. Schenn is headed to Los Angeles for an MRI tomorrow, and at the moment there is no timetable for his return to the ice.
If the name Schenn rings a bell with you, it’s because he’s the younger brother of Leafs defenseman Luke Schenn. Brayden Schenn, unlike his brother, is a centerman and was/is looking at an outside shot of making the Kings out of training camp this year. Schenn was the Kings first round pick in 2009 (5th overall) and was likely ticketed to rejoin his junior team, the Brandon Wheat Kings, if he didn’t make the Kings.
It’s unknown as to how bad his injury is so getting antsy and speculating seems a bit reckless. That said, if it’s a significant injury, setting back his development would be a tough blow for the Kings.
- Agent: Franson has spoken with ‘half a dozen’ teams (Updated) 7
- Your 2015 HHOF Class: Fedorov, Housley, Lidstrom, Pronger, Ruggiero 31
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder 94
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ 82
- Sens’ Chiasson headed for arbitration 1
- Pricey Platoon? Stars reportedly sign Niemi for three years, $13.5M 18
- Hodgson, Stalberg placed on unconditional waivers 24
- Buyouts loom as Richards, Parenteau and Fistric clear unconditional waivers 4
- UFA of the Day: Chris Stewart 18
- Penguins sign Ian Cole to a three-year, $6.3 million deal 11
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (96)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (84)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)
- Consensus reached: 5 minutes of 3-on-3 OT could be in place for 2015-16 (60)