Sep 9, 2010, 10:02 AM EDT
The Los Angeles Kings will be holding their breath a bit while they await news on how severe an injury is to one of their top prospects. Rich Hammond of LA Kings Insider lays the bad news on us.
According to the Kings, prospect Brayden Schenn suffered a knee injury during a training session in Canada. Schenn is headed to Los Angeles for an MRI tomorrow, and at the moment there is no timetable for his return to the ice.
If the name Schenn rings a bell with you, it’s because he’s the younger brother of Leafs defenseman Luke Schenn. Brayden Schenn, unlike his brother, is a centerman and was/is looking at an outside shot of making the Kings out of training camp this year. Schenn was the Kings first round pick in 2009 (5th overall) and was likely ticketed to rejoin his junior team, the Brandon Wheat Kings, if he didn’t make the Kings.
It’s unknown as to how bad his injury is so getting antsy and speculating seems a bit reckless. That said, if it’s a significant injury, setting back his development would be a tough blow for the Kings.
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 30
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 114
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 81
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (114)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (81)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (39)