Sep 9, 2010, 9:00 PM EDT
San Jose Sharks fans shouldn’t worry about Dan Boyle’s dreams being haunted by that hard-luck own goal from the Colorado Avalanche series. Chances are, he won’t be sleeping enough to endure such flashbacks in the first place.
Boyle and his family welcomed their second child early this morning, with the awesome name Wesley Ocean Boyle. I’d much rather have my name announced during a grade school roll-call as Wesley Ocean than something weak like Gwyneth Paltrow’s daughter Apple. Here is more news from the San Jose Sharks Web site.
San Jose Sharks defenseman Dan Boyle and his wife, Amber, announced today the birth of their second child, Wesley Ocean Boyle. Born this morning at approximately 5:33 a.m., Amber, Wesley and big sister Eastin are all doing fine.
Wesley, a slick-skating seven-pound, four-ounce blueliner with tremendous offensive upside, will be available for the National Hockey League Entry Draft in 2028.
Too cute, Sharks Web site writers. Too. Cute.
(Also, did Boyle secretly name his daughter after the hockey equipment company Easton? Jeez, that’s a pretty blatant example of product placement, don’t you think?)
At least Boyle’s child was born at a convenient time, unlike the bundles of joy that burdened goalies Roberto Luongo and Jonathan Quick. Either way, this is great news, unless Dan Boyle clings to his sleep like wayward NBA player Tracy McGrady.
- Ducks win crazy Game 5, push ‘Hawks to edge of elimination 13
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks at Ducks, Game 5 of Western Conference Final 2
- In the playoffs, sometimes it comes down to the ‘bounces’ 3
- Now feels like a good time to debate Stamkos’ next contract 26
- Here’s the latest on coaching searches in Buffalo, San Jose and New Jersey 3
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 9
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 19
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 17
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 75
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)