Sep 9, 2010, 9:00 PM EDT
San Jose Sharks fans shouldn’t worry about Dan Boyle’s dreams being haunted by that hard-luck own goal from the Colorado Avalanche series. Chances are, he won’t be sleeping enough to endure such flashbacks in the first place.
Boyle and his family welcomed their second child early this morning, with the awesome name Wesley Ocean Boyle. I’d much rather have my name announced during a grade school roll-call as Wesley Ocean than something weak like Gwyneth Paltrow’s daughter Apple. Here is more news from the San Jose Sharks Web site.
San Jose Sharks defenseman Dan Boyle and his wife, Amber, announced today the birth of their second child, Wesley Ocean Boyle. Born this morning at approximately 5:33 a.m., Amber, Wesley and big sister Eastin are all doing fine.
Wesley, a slick-skating seven-pound, four-ounce blueliner with tremendous offensive upside, will be available for the National Hockey League Entry Draft in 2028.
Too cute, Sharks Web site writers. Too. Cute.
(Also, did Boyle secretly name his daughter after the hockey equipment company Easton? Jeez, that’s a pretty blatant example of product placement, don’t you think?)
At least Boyle’s child was born at a convenient time, unlike the bundles of joy that burdened goalies Roberto Luongo and Jonathan Quick. Either way, this is great news, unless Dan Boyle clings to his sleep like wayward NBA player Tracy McGrady.
- Despite ‘step in the right direction,’ do Canucks need to alter core? 0
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb 43
- Rangers lose Zuccarello indefinitely with suspected concussion 5
- Cooper: Lightning have to ‘suck it up’ and ‘fight through’ Wings’ interference 37
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 13
- Price makes 43 saves as Senators’ magical run ends in controversy 39
- Video: Fast whistle costs Senators potentially critical goal 15
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 3
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance 98
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 18
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (98)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)