Sep 9, 2010, 9:00 PM EDT
San Jose Sharks fans shouldn’t worry about Dan Boyle’s dreams being haunted by that hard-luck own goal from the Colorado Avalanche series. Chances are, he won’t be sleeping enough to endure such flashbacks in the first place.
Boyle and his family welcomed their second child early this morning, with the awesome name Wesley Ocean Boyle. I’d much rather have my name announced during a grade school roll-call as Wesley Ocean than something weak like Gwyneth Paltrow’s daughter Apple. Here is more news from the San Jose Sharks Web site.
San Jose Sharks defenseman Dan Boyle and his wife, Amber, announced today the birth of their second child, Wesley Ocean Boyle. Born this morning at approximately 5:33 a.m., Amber, Wesley and big sister Eastin are all doing fine.
Wesley, a slick-skating seven-pound, four-ounce blueliner with tremendous offensive upside, will be available for the National Hockey League Entry Draft in 2028.
Too cute, Sharks Web site writers. Too. Cute.
(Also, did Boyle secretly name his daughter after the hockey equipment company Easton? Jeez, that’s a pretty blatant example of product placement, don’t you think?)
At least Boyle’s child was born at a convenient time, unlike the bundles of joy that burdened goalies Roberto Luongo and Jonathan Quick. Either way, this is great news, unless Dan Boyle clings to his sleep like wayward NBA player Tracy McGrady.
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 10
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 18
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother 21
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 16
- It’s Philadelphia Flyers Day at PHT 53
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 49
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 9
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 6
- Report: Bertuzzi-Moore case settled out of court (Update: Bertuzzi’s lawyer confirms) 35