Sep 9, 2010, 9:00 PM EST
San Jose Sharks fans shouldn’t worry about Dan Boyle’s dreams being haunted by that hard-luck own goal from the Colorado Avalanche series. Chances are, he won’t be sleeping enough to endure such flashbacks in the first place.
Boyle and his family welcomed their second child early this morning, with the awesome name Wesley Ocean Boyle. I’d much rather have my name announced during a grade school roll-call as Wesley Ocean than something weak like Gwyneth Paltrow’s daughter Apple. Here is more news from the San Jose Sharks Web site.
San Jose Sharks defenseman Dan Boyle and his wife, Amber, announced today the birth of their second child, Wesley Ocean Boyle. Born this morning at approximately 5:33 a.m., Amber, Wesley and big sister Eastin are all doing fine.
Wesley, a slick-skating seven-pound, four-ounce blueliner with tremendous offensive upside, will be available for the National Hockey League Entry Draft in 2028.
Too cute, Sharks Web site writers. Too. Cute.
(Also, did Boyle secretly name his daughter after the hockey equipment company Easton? Jeez, that’s a pretty blatant example of product placement, don’t you think?)
At least Boyle’s child was born at a convenient time, unlike the bundles of joy that burdened goalies Roberto Luongo and Jonathan Quick. Either way, this is great news, unless Dan Boyle clings to his sleep like wayward NBA player Tracy McGrady.
- Report: Salary cap ‘may be around’ $70 million next season 7
- TGIF: Five NHL games to watch this weekend 3
- Report: Laviolette a candidate to replace Capuano 16
- Sharks say Fleury was ‘shaky’ and ‘fighting it’ in 44-save victory 46
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) 54
- Seguin (concussion) cleared to play tonight 0
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ 87
- Will the Rangers use a compliance buyout on Richards? 9
- Malkin (lower body) to miss tonight’s game versus Sharks 20
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 59
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (87)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (59)
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) (54)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (53)
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)