Sep 9, 2010, 9:00 PM EDT
San Jose Sharks fans shouldn’t worry about Dan Boyle’s dreams being haunted by that hard-luck own goal from the Colorado Avalanche series. Chances are, he won’t be sleeping enough to endure such flashbacks in the first place.
Boyle and his family welcomed their second child early this morning, with the awesome name Wesley Ocean Boyle. I’d much rather have my name announced during a grade school roll-call as Wesley Ocean than something weak like Gwyneth Paltrow’s daughter Apple. Here is more news from the San Jose Sharks Web site.
San Jose Sharks defenseman Dan Boyle and his wife, Amber, announced today the birth of their second child, Wesley Ocean Boyle. Born this morning at approximately 5:33 a.m., Amber, Wesley and big sister Eastin are all doing fine.
Wesley, a slick-skating seven-pound, four-ounce blueliner with tremendous offensive upside, will be available for the National Hockey League Entry Draft in 2028.
Too cute, Sharks Web site writers. Too. Cute.
(Also, did Boyle secretly name his daughter after the hockey equipment company Easton? Jeez, that’s a pretty blatant example of product placement, don’t you think?)
At least Boyle’s child was born at a convenient time, unlike the bundles of joy that burdened goalies Roberto Luongo and Jonathan Quick. Either way, this is great news, unless Dan Boyle clings to his sleep like wayward NBA player Tracy McGrady.
- On carrying three goalies, and which teams might be forced to do it 1
- Bettman: NHL won’t expand ‘just to fulfill somebody’s notion of symmetry’ 7
- Report: Johansen lowers demands, but not low enough 32
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 8
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 44
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 16
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 19
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers (44)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)