Sep 8, 2010, 1:00 AM EDT
Even in the depressingly hockey-free summer, we expect to be a productive bunch here at Pro Hockey Talk. Sometimes it might be difficult to follow our pace. We understand that. For that reason, whenever we can, we’ll put all of the day’s stories in one convenient post called the PHT Nightcap. Enjoy, hockey fans.
Johan Franzen looks healthy, excited for next year – He’s still a very injury prone player, but when he’s healthy he is terrifying.
Dan Ellis’ bad night on Twitter – Generally, if you’re making more than a million per year you might want to complain to other millionaires, not normal people. Even if you’re just kidding around.
Two potential teams that could be moved to Quebec – I’ll give you a hint at the two teams in question: they both play in the Southeast division. What, that’s not good enough?
Panthers ticket plan conjures ghosts of the 1972 Miami Dolphins football team – One of my favorite joke gimmicks involves referring to “ghosts” of living people. Example: When someone besmirches the Montreal Canadiens, I warn them about angering the ghost of Guy Lafleur.
Wild forward James Sheppard could miss 3-4 months after ATV accident – Rumor has it the ATV was inhabited by the same “Christen”-like evil spirit as Erik Johnson’s golf cart. (OK, I made up that rumor right now.)
Brian Rolston hasn’t been asked to waive his no-trade clause – Maybe because the Devils know that no one wants him for that price?
Canadiens sign Jeff Halpern – A solid, if often banged up bottom six forward. Nickname suggestion: “Hamburger” Halpern.
Avalanche, Peter Mueller struggle to make a deal – You can’t blame the Avs for having trouble gauging Mueller’s value. Is he the player who excelled in Colorado or the one who floundered in Phoenix?
Kirk Maltby closer to signing a two-way deal with the Red Wings – Kind of sad that a veteran like Maltby needs a two-way deal, but it is true that he’s only a borderline NHL player at this point.
Ducks, Bobby Ryan finally reach a deal – It seems like a pretty good contract for both sides, even if neither one can be completely happy.
Quebec province claims it will cover 45 percent of new arena costs – Who now if they’re can be New-‘diques, but Quebec politicians are certainly pushing hard for another NHL team.
Chicago Blackhawks promote GM Stan Bowman, give him a VP title – We’ll see if he deserves that promotion in the next few seasons.
Tampa Bay hires a new goalie consultant Frantz Jean – Insert Dan Ellis Twitter joke here.
- Of course: ‘Hawks, Ducks’ back-and-forth series is going to Game 7 33
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 1
- As Bolts deal with illness, extra day of rest could prove beneficial 11
- Sounds like it’s Rundblad, not TVR, in for Chicago on defense 16
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ 47
- Report: Sharks to name DeBoer head coach 17
- Video: Lundqvist helps lead Rangers back to New York for Game 7 6
- Lightning get taken to ‘school of hard knocks’ in third-period collapse 11
- A storm brewing: Rangers rally to force Game 7 with Lightning (Video) 11
- Video: Lundqvist stones Stamkos with left-pad save 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ (49)