Sep 8, 2010, 9:00 PM EST
Former Devils/Flyers/Senators/Leafs/Oilers defenseman Jason Smith is in some hot water tonight after being arrested for alleged domestic assaults. Canoe in Canada has the disturbing story.
Jason Smith is charged with assaulting his wife and daughter, who QMI Agency is not naming, on Aug. 10 in Calgary.
The 36-year-old also faces a charge he confined his wife at the same time.
He was released shortly after his arrest by Calgary police under conditions he have no contact with the alleged victims, another daughter, as well as in-laws living in Strathmore, Alta.
An ugly situation for sure and one that never reflects well on anyone, most of all the accused. Smith’s lawyer says that there are things that we don’t know about the situation and that no one was seriously harmed. We’ll see how that pans out as time goes on, but right now things look really ugly since Smith isn’t allowed to be within five blocks of the home and he’s got a no-contact condition set against him.
Smith’s case goes back to court on September 17th.
- Cardiac Cats: Panthers win as Reimer, Leafs fade in third 12
- Report: Canes’ Jordan Staal to make season debut Monday 1
- ‘We can build on this': Devils lose with Lou Lamoriello behind the bench 7
- Video: Nyquist scores OT winner on incredible individual effort 8
- Video: Ovechkin crushes Letang, Capitals cruise by the Penguins 7
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap 76
- Video: NHL on NBC panel breaks down the coaching situation in New Jersey 4
- Lou Lamoriello unveils highly unorthodox coaching plan 37
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks, Kings renew hostilities 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Can Capitals take advantage of depleted Penguins? 2