Sep 8, 2010, 9:00 PM EDT
Former Devils/Flyers/Senators/Leafs/Oilers defenseman Jason Smith is in some hot water tonight after being arrested for alleged domestic assaults. Canoe in Canada has the disturbing story.
Jason Smith is charged with assaulting his wife and daughter, who QMI Agency is not naming, on Aug. 10 in Calgary.
The 36-year-old also faces a charge he confined his wife at the same time.
He was released shortly after his arrest by Calgary police under conditions he have no contact with the alleged victims, another daughter, as well as in-laws living in Strathmore, Alta.
An ugly situation for sure and one that never reflects well on anyone, most of all the accused. Smith’s lawyer says that there are things that we don’t know about the situation and that no one was seriously harmed. We’ll see how that pans out as time goes on, but right now things look really ugly since Smith isn’t allowed to be within five blocks of the home and he’s got a no-contact condition set against him.
Smith’s case goes back to court on September 17th.
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 2
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 23
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 30
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 34
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 68
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 3
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation 61
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (68)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Report: Zuccarello wants $4.5M per on new deal, Brassard eyeing $5.5M (58)