Sep 8, 2010, 9:00 PM EDT
Former Devils/Flyers/Senators/Leafs/Oilers defenseman Jason Smith is in some hot water tonight after being arrested for alleged domestic assaults. Canoe in Canada has the disturbing story.
Jason Smith is charged with assaulting his wife and daughter, who QMI Agency is not naming, on Aug. 10 in Calgary.
The 36-year-old also faces a charge he confined his wife at the same time.
He was released shortly after his arrest by Calgary police under conditions he have no contact with the alleged victims, another daughter, as well as in-laws living in Strathmore, Alta.
An ugly situation for sure and one that never reflects well on anyone, most of all the accused. Smith’s lawyer says that there are things that we don’t know about the situation and that no one was seriously harmed. We’ll see how that pans out as time goes on, but right now things look really ugly since Smith isn’t allowed to be within five blocks of the home and he’s got a no-contact condition set against him.
Smith’s case goes back to court on September 17th.
- Video: Flames, Canucks combine for over 100 PIM in wild line brawl 4
- Preds torch Crawford, Hawks; even series at 1-1 18
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) 44
- Huge loss for Preds as Weber (lower body) knocked out of Game 2 7
- Sabres? Oilers? Coyotes? Leafs? ‘Canes? — McDavid would be happy to play for any of them 37
- Stone a game-time decision, Sens downplay retaliation for Subban slash 25
- Flyers fire Berube 46
- Klingberg signs seven-year, $29.75 million extension with Stars 10
- Video: Perry paces Ducks to victory over Jets with four-point night 13
- Video: Wild hold off late push from Blues 38