Skip to content

Bruce Boudreau quashes rumors about Tomas Fleischmann and Eric Belanger

Sep 8, 2010, 9:39 PM EDT

bruceboudreau1.jpgIf you’re a Capitals fan and you’ve been fretting about the possibility that Tomas Fleischmann might be traded, head coach Bruce Boudreau is here to calm your nerves and talk you off the ledge. The Sporting News’ Craig Custance got word from the Caps head coach that the offensively-gifted forward wasn’t going anywhere.

Fleischmann, a talented left winger, was the center of trade rumors this summer, but Boudreau said it’s time to end the speculation.

“Oh yeah. Those trade rumors, I think you can faithfully put all of them to bed,” Boudreau told Sporting News. “We laugh at so many of them that have no substance. I don’t know who makes them up. Some people have very vivid imaginations.”

Fleischmann’s name came up as a possible candidate to be moved when it was reported that unrestricted free agent center Eric Belanger was going to sign with the Capitals. That still hasn’t happened.

“There is no Belanger deal,” Boudreau said.

That helps kill two different rumors as Belanger has been rumored to be headed to Washington while Fleischmann would be headed out of town to make room for him. If Boudreau keeps this up, he’ll be reviled on the Internet for crushing rumors as soon as they pop up.

  1. Kant - Sep 9, 2010 at 12:00 PM

    I think a lot of Caps fans would like to see Flash traded for a defenseman and see Belanger signed. Id say about 15 percent of the Caps fans, from what Ive read, likes what he brings to table but the other 85 percent likes what he could be traded for.
    And again fix this commenting because its tedious.

Featured video

Are Penguins vulnerable vs. Columbus?
Top 10 NHL Player Searches
  1. E. Malkin (4519)
  2. T. Oshie (3482)
  3. M. Duchene (3319)
  4. M. Brodeur (2868)
  5. B. Bishop (2866)