Sep 8, 2010, 9:39 PM EDT
If you’re a Capitals fan and you’ve been fretting about the possibility that Tomas Fleischmann might be traded, head coach Bruce Boudreau is here to calm your nerves and talk you off the ledge. The Sporting News’ Craig Custance got word from the Caps head coach that the offensively-gifted forward wasn’t going anywhere.
Fleischmann, a talented left winger, was the center of trade rumors this summer, but Boudreau said it’s time to end the speculation.
“Oh yeah. Those trade rumors, I think you can faithfully put all of them to bed,” Boudreau told Sporting News. “We laugh at so many of them that have no substance. I don’t know who makes them up. Some people have very vivid imaginations.”
Fleischmann’s name came up as a possible candidate to be moved when it was reported that unrestricted free agent center Eric Belanger was going to sign with the Capitals. That still hasn’t happened.
“There is no Belanger deal,” Boudreau said.
That helps kill two different rumors as Belanger has been rumored to be headed to Washington while Fleischmann would be headed out of town to make room for him. If Boudreau keeps this up, he’ll be reviled on the Internet for crushing rumors as soon as they pop up.
- Ducks hold off spirited Stars comeback, take 1-0 series lead 1
- Weise gives Canadiens 1-0 series lead with overtime win 7
- Penguins outlast Blue Jackets, take Game 1 26
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers 79
- Bulletin-board material: Why your team won’t win the Stanley Cup 36
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? 57
- 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs: PHT’s Round 1 picks 35
- Pressing Question: Can the Blackhawks avoid the Stanley Cup hangover? 10
- Florida wins ’14 NHL draft lottery, will pick first overall 42
- Philly mum on Mason’s availability for Game 1 vs. Rangers 26
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers (79)
- Lightning’s Malone arrested for DUI, cocaine possession (73)
- Update: Daniel Sedin in stable condition, hospitalized after scary hit (58)
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? (57)