Sep 8, 2010, 9:39 PM EDT
If you’re a Capitals fan and you’ve been fretting about the possibility that Tomas Fleischmann might be traded, head coach Bruce Boudreau is here to calm your nerves and talk you off the ledge. The Sporting News’ Craig Custance got word from the Caps head coach that the offensively-gifted forward wasn’t going anywhere.
Fleischmann, a talented left winger, was the center of trade rumors this summer, but Boudreau said it’s time to end the speculation.
“Oh yeah. Those trade rumors, I think you can faithfully put all of them to bed,” Boudreau told Sporting News. “We laugh at so many of them that have no substance. I don’t know who makes them up. Some people have very vivid imaginations.”
Fleischmann’s name came up as a possible candidate to be moved when it was reported that unrestricted free agent center Eric Belanger was going to sign with the Capitals. That still hasn’t happened.
“There is no Belanger deal,” Boudreau said.
That helps kill two different rumors as Belanger has been rumored to be headed to Washington while Fleischmann would be headed out of town to make room for him. If Boudreau keeps this up, he’ll be reviled on the Internet for crushing rumors as soon as they pop up.
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead 22
- Video: Jets fans celebrate return of playoff hockey with whiteout in Winnipeg 3
- Would McLellan like to coach McDavid? ‘You can have the best player and still not have the best team’ 20
- Burrows’ instigator suspension rescinded, allowed to play Game 4 24
- No hearing scheduled for Hamhuis after Bennett headshot 13
- Sharks and McLellan have ‘mutually agreed’ to part ways 50
- Desperate Jets will ‘lean on’ their crowd tonight 19
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 16
- Video: More late-game nastiness between Flames, Canucks 17
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (171)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)