Sep 6, 2010, 9:46 PM EDT
The story we brought you yesterday about the owner of the QMJHL Chicoutimi Sagueneens, Gervais Munger, going missing while boating unfortunately will not have a pleasant ending. Authorities in Quebec have announced that the body they found in a lake north of Quebec City is that of Munger.
Dominique Savard said police divers found his body in a lake about 250 kilometres northwest of Quebec City on Monday.
The 52-year-old Munger was a co-administrator of the Chicoutimi Sagueneens and played for the team in the 1970s.
He went missing on Saturday when he was thrown from the Zodiac boat he was travelling in with three friends.
None of the four were wearing life-jackets, but all except Munger were able to swim to shore.
A sad conclusion to the story and one that could have been possibly avoided with the use of life-jackets.
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 16
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 69
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 28
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)