Sep 5, 2010, 11:50 PM EDT
Even in the depressingly hockey-free summer, we expect to be a productive bunch here at Pro Hockey Talk. Sometimes it might be difficult to follow our pace. We understand that. For that reason, whenever we can, we’ll put all of the day’s stories in one convenient post called the PHT Nightcap. Enjoy, hockey fans.
Owen Nolan is not an option for the Sharks – The team is going to go with younger players instead.
Thrashers officially sign Fredrik Modin – At $800K, Modin is a reasonable gamble for Atlanta.
Columbus must be patient with his transition to a more aggressive style – It would probably help if they built their team to be an offensive powerhouse, though.
Kovalchuk speaks out about contract – Reacting to Ilya’s thoughts about the process/ordeal.
Quebec police searching for QMJHL co-owner – A sad story that hopefully will have a happy ending.
Halak helps raise $22K for charity – It’s always nice to read about charitable functions.
PHT readers think Tortorella is on the hottest seat – Ron Wilson is in danger, too, though.
Fantasy Hockey Cheat Sheets: Hits – Finally, a reason to draft Cal Clutterbuck (other than his last name).
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 17
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 9
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 9
- Update: NHL wants to see fine system in action before publicizing diving 5
- Get your odds to make the playoffs for all 30 NHL teams 18
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 25
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 48
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 18
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 54