Sep 5, 2010, 11:50 PM EST
Even in the depressingly hockey-free summer, we expect to be a productive bunch here at Pro Hockey Talk. Sometimes it might be difficult to follow our pace. We understand that. For that reason, whenever we can, we’ll put all of the day’s stories in one convenient post called the PHT Nightcap. Enjoy, hockey fans.
Owen Nolan is not an option for the Sharks – The team is going to go with younger players instead.
Thrashers officially sign Fredrik Modin – At $800K, Modin is a reasonable gamble for Atlanta.
Columbus must be patient with his transition to a more aggressive style – It would probably help if they built their team to be an offensive powerhouse, though.
Kovalchuk speaks out about contract – Reacting to Ilya’s thoughts about the process/ordeal.
Quebec police searching for QMJHL co-owner – A sad story that hopefully will have a happy ending.
Halak helps raise $22K for charity – It’s always nice to read about charitable functions.
PHT readers think Tortorella is on the hottest seat – Ron Wilson is in danger, too, though.
Fantasy Hockey Cheat Sheets: Hits – Finally, a reason to draft Cal Clutterbuck (other than his last name).
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) 27
- Seguin (concussion) cleared to play tonight 0
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ 86
- Will the Rangers use a compliance buyout on Richards? 9
- Malkin (lower body) to miss tonight’s game versus Sharks 20
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 59
- Columbus puts Bobrovsky (groin) on IR, out 4-5 weeks 3
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Olympic odds, Russia’s defense, King Henrik’s new deal, Fire Cappy? and more 28
- With Lundqvist deal done, Sather faces tough questions 11
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension 42
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (86)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (59)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (53)
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension (42)