Sep 5, 2010, 11:50 PM EDT
Even in the depressingly hockey-free summer, we expect to be a productive bunch here at Pro Hockey Talk. Sometimes it might be difficult to follow our pace. We understand that. For that reason, whenever we can, we’ll put all of the day’s stories in one convenient post called the PHT Nightcap. Enjoy, hockey fans.
Owen Nolan is not an option for the Sharks – The team is going to go with younger players instead.
Thrashers officially sign Fredrik Modin – At $800K, Modin is a reasonable gamble for Atlanta.
Columbus must be patient with his transition to a more aggressive style – It would probably help if they built their team to be an offensive powerhouse, though.
Kovalchuk speaks out about contract – Reacting to Ilya’s thoughts about the process/ordeal.
Quebec police searching for QMJHL co-owner – A sad story that hopefully will have a happy ending.
Halak helps raise $22K for charity – It’s always nice to read about charitable functions.
PHT readers think Tortorella is on the hottest seat – Ron Wilson is in danger, too, though.
Fantasy Hockey Cheat Sheets: Hits – Finally, a reason to draft Cal Clutterbuck (other than his last name).
- Bruins go ‘above and beyond’ to take 2-1 series lead 9
- Chicago’s powerless power play — it’s a problem 2
- Discuss: Bruins smother ‘Hawks, take 2-1 series lead 44
- Marian Hossa won’t play in Game 3 11
- Report: Flyers, Streit agree to four-year, $21 million deal 36
- Playoffs Tonight: We’re tied going into Boston 9
- Writer: NHL playoffs are ‘annoying’ 77
- Blackhawks look to end current Game 3 curse 4
- Bruins’ leaders deliver Stanley Cup Final speech 14
- Report: NHL has Seattle plan ready for Coyotes 64
- Bruins stymie Blackhawks, take Game 3
- Survival and heartbreak at US Open
- Protesters back in streets of Brazilian cities
- Radio hosts fired for mocking ex-NFL player with ALS
- Posnanski: More Open heartbreak for Mickelson
- PHT: Bruins go 'above and beyond' in Gm. 3
- PHT: Hossa day to day with upper-body injury