Sep 5, 2010, 11:50 PM EDT
Even in the depressingly hockey-free summer, we expect to be a productive bunch here at Pro Hockey Talk. Sometimes it might be difficult to follow our pace. We understand that. For that reason, whenever we can, we’ll put all of the day’s stories in one convenient post called the PHT Nightcap. Enjoy, hockey fans.
Owen Nolan is not an option for the Sharks – The team is going to go with younger players instead.
Thrashers officially sign Fredrik Modin – At $800K, Modin is a reasonable gamble for Atlanta.
Columbus must be patient with his transition to a more aggressive style – It would probably help if they built their team to be an offensive powerhouse, though.
Kovalchuk speaks out about contract – Reacting to Ilya’s thoughts about the process/ordeal.
Quebec police searching for QMJHL co-owner – A sad story that hopefully will have a happy ending.
Halak helps raise $22K for charity – It’s always nice to read about charitable functions.
PHT readers think Tortorella is on the hottest seat – Ron Wilson is in danger, too, though.
Fantasy Hockey Cheat Sheets: Hits – Finally, a reason to draft Cal Clutterbuck (other than his last name).
- NHL Board of Governors approves Islanders sale 1
- Speedy recovery: Giroux (lower body) to play vs. Rangers tonight 9
- Risk Factors: Boston Bruins edition 11
- Hello Johansen? Boone Jenner out with broken hand 5
- Bruins release Leino; Boychuk staying put? 18
- Babcock doesn’t think this will be his last year with the Wings 9
- Starting tomorrow, PHT’s ‘Risk Factors’ Series 6
- Krug, Smith sign with Bruins 19
- PHT Morning Skate: Grigorenko with highlight-reel shootout goal 7
- Sabres lose Larsson, Kaleta to head injuries, Leafs’ Booth out too (Update: Franson’s hurt) 5
- Jordan Subban has ‘moved on’ after ‘unfortunate’ photo caption by Vancouver papers (52)
- Players pushed for coaching fines because they were ‘encouraged’ to dive (34)
- Sabres’ Nolan, Avalanche don’t believe in analytics (32)
- Ouch: Datsyuk (separated shoulder) out 4-5 weeks (27)
- Spooner scores, but coach Julien’s not happy (23)