Sep 5, 2010, 6:50 PM EDT
There’s some scary news out of Quebec City this weekend, as police search for Gervais Munger, co-owner of Quebec Major Hockey League team the Chicoutimi Sagueneens. Here is more about the troubling situation from the Toronto Sun.
The search for the popular owner of a Quebec junior hockey team who went missing in a boating accident is entering its second day.
Quebec provincial police divers will begin searching Lac-St-Jean on Sunday for any signs of Gervais Munger.
Munger, who is in his 50s, went missing Saturday in the massive lake some 230 kilometres north of Quebec City.
Munger was apparently thrown from that boat along with two other men who managed to swim to shore.
It’s a disturbing situation. Best wishes to Munger, along with his friends and family. We’ll keep you updated on his situation.
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 16
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 69
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 28
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)