Sep 4, 2010, 11:50 PM EST
Even in the depressingly hockey-free summer, we expect to be a productive bunch here at Pro Hockey Talk. Sometimes it might be difficult to follow our pace. We understand that. For that reason, whenever we can, we’ll put all of the day’s stories in one convenient post called the PHT Nightcap. Enjoy, hockey fans.
Ilya Kovalchuk’s signing is official – Hey, it didn’t take the entire summer, right?
Bruins GM said they won’t trade Marc Savard - OK, I didn’t think they’d trade him … until now. (Fear the GM doublespeak.)
Yzerman and Stamkos not worried about extension – Steven Stamkos in a contract year? Could be scary.
Reactions around the league about Kovalchuk signing – I wonder if a couple GMs are kicking themselves for not signing a goofy lifetime contract for their big names.
Dallas Stars invite Jonathan Cheechoo to a tryout – How the mighty, Maurice Richard Trophy winners have fallen …
Patrice Bergeron wants to remain in Boston – His concussion problems might make him a little difficult to trade, anyway.
Jaroslav Halak waves goodbye to Montreal - Now they’re stuck with Carey Price … good luck with that.
Atlanta Thrashers reportedly will sign Fredrik Modin to a one-year deal – Depending on the money, it could be a smart deal for Atlanta.
What about … Marek Svatos? – You’d think someone would be interested in a 30-goal scorer.
Ty Conklin, B.J. Crombeen ride a tandem bike for charity – Hilarity and charity mixing? I like it.
Fantasy hockey cheat sheets: SOG – Alex Ovechkin is not shy about putting the puck on net.
- Firing Dallas Eakins ‘would be so unfair,’ says Taylor Hall 19
- ‘It sucks for us, it sucks for the fans’: Oilers losing skid hits six games 9
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ 69
- ‘We did not want to disrespect our fans’: Leafs salute supporters after beating Red Wings 3
- Video: Demers sends Stoll flying with massive open-ice hit 7
- Don Cherry on Leafs not saluting fans: ‘I couldn’t believe these guys would do something like this’ 15
- Report: Dan Hamhuis’ injury is significant, but not season-ending 5
- Been there, done that: Oilers lose five straight for second time this season 10
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ 86
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch 43
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (86)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (78)
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (74)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)