Sep 4, 2010, 11:50 PM EDT
Even in the depressingly hockey-free summer, we expect to be a productive bunch here at Pro Hockey Talk. Sometimes it might be difficult to follow our pace. We understand that. For that reason, whenever we can, we’ll put all of the day’s stories in one convenient post called the PHT Nightcap. Enjoy, hockey fans.
Ilya Kovalchuk’s signing is official – Hey, it didn’t take the entire summer, right?
Bruins GM said they won’t trade Marc Savard – OK, I didn’t think they’d trade him … until now. (Fear the GM doublespeak.)
Yzerman and Stamkos not worried about extension – Steven Stamkos in a contract year? Could be scary.
Reactions around the league about Kovalchuk signing – I wonder if a couple GMs are kicking themselves for not signing a goofy lifetime contract for their big names.
Dallas Stars invite Jonathan Cheechoo to a tryout – How the mighty, Maurice Richard Trophy winners have fallen …
Patrice Bergeron wants to remain in Boston – His concussion problems might make him a little difficult to trade, anyway.
Jaroslav Halak waves goodbye to Montreal – Now they’re stuck with Carey Price … good luck with that.
Atlanta Thrashers reportedly will sign Fredrik Modin to a one-year deal – Depending on the money, it could be a smart deal for Atlanta.
What about … Marek Svatos? – You’d think someone would be interested in a 30-goal scorer.
Ty Conklin, B.J. Crombeen ride a tandem bike for charity – Hilarity and charity mixing? I like it.
Fantasy hockey cheat sheets: SOG – Alex Ovechkin is not shy about putting the puck on net.
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 9
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 52
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 9
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 25
- Vermette, Teravainen return for Blackhawks in Game 4 15
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 24
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 53
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)