Sep 4, 2010, 11:50 PM EST
Even in the depressingly hockey-free summer, we expect to be a productive bunch here at Pro Hockey Talk. Sometimes it might be difficult to follow our pace. We understand that. For that reason, whenever we can, we’ll put all of the day’s stories in one convenient post called the PHT Nightcap. Enjoy, hockey fans.
Ilya Kovalchuk’s signing is official – Hey, it didn’t take the entire summer, right?
Bruins GM said they won’t trade Marc Savard - OK, I didn’t think they’d trade him … until now. (Fear the GM doublespeak.)
Yzerman and Stamkos not worried about extension – Steven Stamkos in a contract year? Could be scary.
Reactions around the league about Kovalchuk signing – I wonder if a couple GMs are kicking themselves for not signing a goofy lifetime contract for their big names.
Dallas Stars invite Jonathan Cheechoo to a tryout – How the mighty, Maurice Richard Trophy winners have fallen …
Patrice Bergeron wants to remain in Boston – His concussion problems might make him a little difficult to trade, anyway.
Jaroslav Halak waves goodbye to Montreal - Now they’re stuck with Carey Price … good luck with that.
Atlanta Thrashers reportedly will sign Fredrik Modin to a one-year deal – Depending on the money, it could be a smart deal for Atlanta.
What about … Marek Svatos? – You’d think someone would be interested in a 30-goal scorer.
Ty Conklin, B.J. Crombeen ride a tandem bike for charity – Hilarity and charity mixing? I like it.
Fantasy hockey cheat sheets: SOG – Alex Ovechkin is not shy about putting the puck on net.
- The day before Thanksgiving, six new playoff teams 6
- What they’re saying about St. Louis’ return to Tampa Bay 14
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers face Red Wings on Rivalry Night 7
- Video: Canucks honor Quinn with “O Danny Boy” 7
- Video: Stars’ Klingberg scores from center ice 4
- Report: Alfredsson retirement to be announced Dec. 4 10
- On the odds of fighting back after Thanksgiving 10
- Why are the Oilers still bad? Look at their drafting 21
- The Leafs are worth almost seven times the Panthers, says Forbes 21
- Isles make some history; Are the Flyers headed for trouble? 43
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (99)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)