Sep 4, 2010, 11:50 PM EDT
Even in the depressingly hockey-free summer, we expect to be a productive bunch here at Pro Hockey Talk. Sometimes it might be difficult to follow our pace. We understand that. For that reason, whenever we can, we’ll put all of the day’s stories in one convenient post called the PHT Nightcap. Enjoy, hockey fans.
Ilya Kovalchuk’s signing is official – Hey, it didn’t take the entire summer, right?
Bruins GM said they won’t trade Marc Savard – OK, I didn’t think they’d trade him … until now. (Fear the GM doublespeak.)
Yzerman and Stamkos not worried about extension – Steven Stamkos in a contract year? Could be scary.
Reactions around the league about Kovalchuk signing – I wonder if a couple GMs are kicking themselves for not signing a goofy lifetime contract for their big names.
Dallas Stars invite Jonathan Cheechoo to a tryout – How the mighty, Maurice Richard Trophy winners have fallen …
Patrice Bergeron wants to remain in Boston – His concussion problems might make him a little difficult to trade, anyway.
Jaroslav Halak waves goodbye to Montreal – Now they’re stuck with Carey Price … good luck with that.
Atlanta Thrashers reportedly will sign Fredrik Modin to a one-year deal – Depending on the money, it could be a smart deal for Atlanta.
What about … Marek Svatos? – You’d think someone would be interested in a 30-goal scorer.
Ty Conklin, B.J. Crombeen ride a tandem bike for charity – Hilarity and charity mixing? I like it.
Fantasy hockey cheat sheets: SOG – Alex Ovechkin is not shy about putting the puck on net.
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Without Shea Weber, Predators can’t contain Hawks in Game 3 9
- Video: Tavares, Islanders take 2-1 series lead with OT win 19
- Watch Live: Predators at Blackhawks 0
- Watch Live: Capitals at Islanders 3
- Sens turn to Anderson for Game 3 5
- Silfverberg scores winner with 21 seconds remaining, Ducks complete comeback over Jets 13
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ 86
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 70
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 167
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (167)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (86)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)