Sep 4, 2010, 11:50 PM EDT
Even in the depressingly hockey-free summer, we expect to be a productive bunch here at Pro Hockey Talk. Sometimes it might be difficult to follow our pace. We understand that. For that reason, whenever we can, we’ll put all of the day’s stories in one convenient post called the PHT Nightcap. Enjoy, hockey fans.
Ilya Kovalchuk’s signing is official – Hey, it didn’t take the entire summer, right?
Bruins GM said they won’t trade Marc Savard - OK, I didn’t think they’d trade him … until now. (Fear the GM doublespeak.)
Yzerman and Stamkos not worried about extension – Steven Stamkos in a contract year? Could be scary.
Reactions around the league about Kovalchuk signing – I wonder if a couple GMs are kicking themselves for not signing a goofy lifetime contract for their big names.
Dallas Stars invite Jonathan Cheechoo to a tryout – How the mighty, Maurice Richard Trophy winners have fallen …
Patrice Bergeron wants to remain in Boston – His concussion problems might make him a little difficult to trade, anyway.
Jaroslav Halak waves goodbye to Montreal - Now they’re stuck with Carey Price … good luck with that.
Atlanta Thrashers reportedly will sign Fredrik Modin to a one-year deal – Depending on the money, it could be a smart deal for Atlanta.
What about … Marek Svatos? – You’d think someone would be interested in a 30-goal scorer.
Ty Conklin, B.J. Crombeen ride a tandem bike for charity – Hilarity and charity mixing? I like it.
Fantasy hockey cheat sheets: SOG – Alex Ovechkin is not shy about putting the puck on net.
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 12
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 9
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 6
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 28
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 39
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Lucic regrets handshake-line actions, but isn’t apologizing (58)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)
- Red Wings unveil plans for new arena, look to open in 2017 (57)