Sep 4, 2010, 7:40 PM EST
Ah, Google translator … it’s not just for desperate, sweat-on-the-brow English-to-Spanish translations to complete essays for college classes anymore!*
* – Uh, not that the author of this piece ever resorted to such childish measures to pass mandatory language classes or anything. (Cough)
While Pension Plan Puppets power-bombed the Toronto Sun for (allegedly) stealing an actual translation, we at Pro Hockey Talk will follow the path of least resistance and just show you this haphazardly translated article from a reliable Swedish report that says Fredrik Modin is on the verge of signing with the Atlanta Thrashers. Rather than putting the telltale (sic) after every charming, lost-in-translation-based mistake, consider this disclaimer to be one big (sic).
Fredrik Modin started last season in Columbus Blue Jackets, but after the Olympic tournament, he switched off to Los Angeles Kings.
Now there will be no continuation of the west coast of the great outer forward.
Instead, the games on the East Coast next season Modin.
According to Sportbladet Modin is consistent with the Atlanta Thrashers on one-year contract.
“Sweden never an option”
In case you need a translation of that translation, it sounds like Modin will sign a one-year contract with the Atlanta Thrashers and that he never really considered playing in Sweden. Keep in mind that the original Swedish report wasn’t riddled with wacky, almost robotic grammatical errors.
Modin had a surprisingly pedestrian statistical season last year (11 points in only 44 games split between the Columbus Blue Jackets and the Los Angeles Kings) but is a useful two-way player with an outstanding shot. He also looks like John Malkovich and the lead actor from “Dexter,” which I think we can all agree matters much more than his actual on-ice abilities.
Anyway, this report isn’t 100 percent official, but if it’s true and the contract isn’t for too much dough, this a solid, low-risk move for what will be a very different looking Atlanta Thrashers team next season.
- Breaking: Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 11
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 17
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 40
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight 82
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (68)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)