Sep 3, 2010, 11:44 PM EDT
Now that Ilya Kovalchuk and his contract are out of the way, we can now spend the rest of our summer speculating on when restricted free agents are going to sign.
Wait, it’s September now? All right, fine. It’s September but that doesn’t mean we still can’t speculate on those RFAs. One guy who has had a bit of an interesting summer regarding reports is Anaheim restricted free agent Bobby Ryan. He’s gone from disagreeing with the Ducks over contract length to confusion over whether the Ducks would trade him or not but now it’s clear that it’s time to talk business. Eric Stephens of the Orange County Register has the latest details of what’s going on with Bobby Ryan.
Talks between the Ducks and winger Bobby Ryan on a new contract appear to have entered an active stage as the two sides held a negotiation session on Friday and have agreed to meet again after Labor Day weekend.
Don Meehan, one of the agents for the 23-year-old goal scorer, confirmed that there was a meeting today but was mum on any details that arose out of the session, particularly whether there was any common ground reached between the Ducks’ desire for a four-year deal or more and Ryan’s wish for nothing more than three years.
Getting both sides together is a great sign for Ducks fans hoping that the rising star will get taken care of and join the rest of the team in training camp. Then again, perhaps Bobby Ryan is worried that Ryan Getzlaf is just going to hassle him more about not winning the gold medal in Vancouver.
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 12
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 13
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (47)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)