Sep 2, 2010, 11:44 AM EDT
While we’re here today splitting hairs over whether or not we consider the differences between “ultimatum” and “negotiation” regarding the situation between the NHL and NHLPA over the Ilya Kovalchuk situation, the originator of the report, Larry Brooks of the New York Post, hits us with some new information.
While the NHL rounded up a group of players in the wake of winning the grievance case with the NHLPA over Kovalchuk’s first 17-year, $102 million offer with New Jersey, Brooks finds out that one of the players hand-picked by the NHL to look over their contract even further has been given the full approval of the NHL.
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 5
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 25
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 5
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 41
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 35
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 13
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6