Sep 2, 2010, 11:44 AM EDT
While we’re here today splitting hairs over whether or not we consider the differences between “ultimatum” and “negotiation” regarding the situation between the NHL and NHLPA over the Ilya Kovalchuk situation, the originator of the report, Larry Brooks of the New York Post, hits us with some new information.
While the NHL rounded up a group of players in the wake of winning the grievance case with the NHLPA over Kovalchuk’s first 17-year, $102 million offer with New Jersey, Brooks finds out that one of the players hand-picked by the NHL to look over their contract even further has been given the full approval of the NHL.
- Flyers overcome two-goal deficit to finally win at MSG 24
- NHL suspends Seabrook three games for charging into Backes 39
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 22
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 23
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 47
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 135
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 40
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 51