Sep 2, 2010, 4:58 PM EST
Montreal’s week-long nightmare is at an end. The Canadiens announced today that they’re re-signed restricted free agent goalie Carey Price to a two-year contract. The rumored worth of the deal is believed to be worth $5.5 million according to Renaud Lavoie of RDS in Montreal. That’s good for a cap hit of $2.75 million.
This week turned out to be a bit of a bumpy road for fans in Montreal as far as Price was concerned. First there was a report about how Price wanted $3 million a year or else he was going “on strike” to which his agent denied up and down saying it was untrue.
All told, if $3 million was his starting point, Price will be able to see that in the second year of his contract as the breakdown works out to be $2.5 million this season and $3 million next season. Everyone gets what they want and at a nice, cap-friendly number for a guy who will now be Montreal’s #1 goalie no matter what.
- Report: Justin Schultz to be healthy scratch versus Preds 8
- PHT shares #WhyImThankful 7
- Roy: ‘They got away with things that we could not’ 17
- Video: Panthers’ Luongo leaves game due to injury (Updated) 0
- Video: Jets’ Lowry hits Sabres’ Kaleta from behind 6
- Video: Lightning pay tribute to St. Louis 6
- He’s baaaaack: Brodeur joins Blues on tryout basis 20
- Chelios calls ex-teammate Shanahan an inexperienced ‘politician’ 17
- Sharks players go to bat for McLellan: ‘Why would you get rid of him?’ 1
- Garbutt to have hearing for kneeing Hall 3
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)