Sep 2, 2010, 4:58 PM EDT
Montreal’s week-long nightmare is at an end. The Canadiens announced today that they’re re-signed restricted free agent goalie Carey Price to a two-year contract. The rumored worth of the deal is believed to be worth $5.5 million according to Renaud Lavoie of RDS in Montreal. That’s good for a cap hit of $2.75 million.
This week turned out to be a bit of a bumpy road for fans in Montreal as far as Price was concerned. First there was a report about how Price wanted $3 million a year or else he was going “on strike” to which his agent denied up and down saying it was untrue.
All told, if $3 million was his starting point, Price will be able to see that in the second year of his contract as the breakdown works out to be $2.5 million this season and $3 million next season. Everyone gets what they want and at a nice, cap-friendly number for a guy who will now be Montreal’s #1 goalie no matter what.
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabres in franchise history 10
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 4
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 12
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 24
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 25
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 17