Sep 2, 2010, 4:58 PM EDT
Montreal’s week-long nightmare is at an end. The Canadiens announced today that they’re re-signed restricted free agent goalie Carey Price to a two-year contract. The rumored worth of the deal is believed to be worth $5.5 million according to Renaud Lavoie of RDS in Montreal. That’s good for a cap hit of $2.75 million.
This week turned out to be a bit of a bumpy road for fans in Montreal as far as Price was concerned. First there was a report about how Price wanted $3 million a year or else he was going “on strike” to which his agent denied up and down saying it was untrue.
All told, if $3 million was his starting point, Price will be able to see that in the second year of his contract as the breakdown works out to be $2.5 million this season and $3 million next season. Everyone gets what they want and at a nice, cap-friendly number for a guy who will now be Montreal’s #1 goalie no matter what.
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 5
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 28
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 14
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue 56
- Stanley Cup Final to begin June 3 5
- Caps’ Backstrom undergoes arthroscopic hip surgery 5
- Report: Sens’ Murray to retire after next season 0
- Of course: ‘Hawks, Ducks’ back-and-forth series is going to Game 7 49
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 1
- As Bolts deal with illness, extra day of rest could prove beneficial 11
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ (54)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)