Sep 2, 2010, 4:58 PM EST
Montreal’s week-long nightmare is at an end. The Canadiens announced today that they’re re-signed restricted free agent goalie Carey Price to a two-year contract. The rumored worth of the deal is believed to be worth $5.5 million according to Renaud Lavoie of RDS in Montreal. That’s good for a cap hit of $2.75 million.
This week turned out to be a bit of a bumpy road for fans in Montreal as far as Price was concerned. First there was a report about how Price wanted $3 million a year or else he was going “on strike” to which his agent denied up and down saying it was untrue.
All told, if $3 million was his starting point, Price will be able to see that in the second year of his contract as the breakdown works out to be $2.5 million this season and $3 million next season. Everyone gets what they want and at a nice, cap-friendly number for a guy who will now be Montreal’s #1 goalie no matter what.
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 1
- Breaking: Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 16
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 17
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 40
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)