Sep 1, 2010, 3:50 PM EDT
Here are a few smaller stories from around the league today.
- The aforementioned 2010 NHLPA Rookie Showcase took place and while the event was meant mainly to provide photo opportunities for trading card companies, EA Sports also took the time to show off NHL ’11. This allowed Toronto Maple Leafs 2009 first round pick (remember when they kept those?) Nazem Kadri to share traits not seen very often in hockey players: wit and charm. Here’s the video from The Score.
Kadri has more personality than Mattias Tedenby’s goofy “Dance” T-shirt.
- The Atlanta Thrashers and Nashville Predators completed a minor trade today, as the Predators received defenseman Grant Lewis for forward Ian McKenzie. Read more about it here.
- While he doesn’t write anything that is truly “groundbreaking,” Sportsnet’s Ian Mendes wrote a thoughtful piece on the “battle between bloggers and mainstream media” today. It’s obvious that Mendes himself finds the squabble a little tiresome, but it’s always good to see a fair article about the subject from a mainstream writer. Click here to read the story.
- Report: Flyers will buy out Briere, Bryzgalov another story (Updated) 12
- Report: Flyers, Ducks talking about Bobby Ryan 34
- Marchand accuses ‘kitty cat’ Shaw of eye gouging 72
- Quenneville says Hossa is ‘likely’ to play Game 4 8
- Datsyuk announces three-year, $22.5 million extension with Red Wings 11
- Bruins go ‘above and beyond’ to take 2-1 series lead 46
- Chicago’s powerless power play — it’s a problem 4
- Discuss: Bruins smother ‘Hawks, take 2-1 series lead 92
- Marian Hossa won’t play in Game 3 11
- Report: Flyers, Streit agree to four-year, $21 million deal 39
- LIVE: Spurs-Heat, Game 6
- Can Heat focus enough to avoid elimination?
- CSN: Bruins' defense never rests in Game 3 win
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- PFT: Freed Johnson wants second chance in NFL
- PBT: Judges rules Iverson did not kidnap children
- PFT: Rodgers says Packers' moves a 'wake-up call'