Sep 1, 2010, 3:50 PM EST
Here are a few smaller stories from around the league today.
- The aforementioned 2010 NHLPA Rookie Showcase took place and while the event was meant mainly to provide photo opportunities for trading card companies, EA Sports also took the time to show off NHL ’11. This allowed Toronto Maple Leafs 2009 first round pick (remember when they kept those?) Nazem Kadri to share traits not seen very often in hockey players: wit and charm. Here’s the video from The Score.
Kadri has more personality than Mattias Tedenby’s goofy “Dance” T-shirt.
- The Atlanta Thrashers and Nashville Predators completed a minor trade today, as the Predators received defenseman Grant Lewis for forward Ian McKenzie. Read more about it here.
- While he doesn’t write anything that is truly “groundbreaking,” Sportsnet’s Ian Mendes wrote a thoughtful piece on the “battle between bloggers and mainstream media” today. It’s obvious that Mendes himself finds the squabble a little tiresome, but it’s always good to see a fair article about the subject from a mainstream writer. Click here to read the story.
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 43
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 66
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 20
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 35
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 14
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 50
- Wild get Stewart as Buffalo-to-Minnesota pipeline continues 53
- Jordan Leopold’s daughter may have orchestrated the Minnesota trade 17
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils 73
- Can the Wings and Leafs work out a deal for Phaneuf? 49
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (73)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)