Sep 1, 2010, 3:50 PM EDT
Here are a few smaller stories from around the league today.
- The aforementioned 2010 NHLPA Rookie Showcase took place and while the event was meant mainly to provide photo opportunities for trading card companies, EA Sports also took the time to show off NHL ’11. This allowed Toronto Maple Leafs 2009 first round pick (remember when they kept those?) Nazem Kadri to share traits not seen very often in hockey players: wit and charm. Here’s the video from The Score.
Kadri has more personality than Mattias Tedenby’s goofy “Dance” T-shirt.
- The Atlanta Thrashers and Nashville Predators completed a minor trade today, as the Predators received defenseman Grant Lewis for forward Ian McKenzie. Read more about it here.
- While he doesn’t write anything that is truly “groundbreaking,” Sportsnet’s Ian Mendes wrote a thoughtful piece on the “battle between bloggers and mainstream media” today. It’s obvious that Mendes himself finds the squabble a little tiresome, but it’s always good to see a fair article about the subject from a mainstream writer. Click here to read the story.
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 20
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 19
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 46
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 123
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 36
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 51
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 80
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7