Sep 1, 2010, 3:50 PM EDT
Here are a few smaller stories from around the league today.
- The aforementioned 2010 NHLPA Rookie Showcase took place and while the event was meant mainly to provide photo opportunities for trading card companies, EA Sports also took the time to show off NHL ’11. This allowed Toronto Maple Leafs 2009 first round pick (remember when they kept those?) Nazem Kadri to share traits not seen very often in hockey players: wit and charm. Here’s the video from The Score.
Kadri has more personality than Mattias Tedenby’s goofy “Dance” T-shirt.
- The Atlanta Thrashers and Nashville Predators completed a minor trade today, as the Predators received defenseman Grant Lewis for forward Ian McKenzie. Read more about it here.
- While he doesn’t write anything that is truly “groundbreaking,” Sportsnet’s Ian Mendes wrote a thoughtful piece on the “battle between bloggers and mainstream media” today. It’s obvious that Mendes himself finds the squabble a little tiresome, but it’s always good to see a fair article about the subject from a mainstream writer. Click here to read the story.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 17
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5