Sep 1, 2010, 3:50 PM EST
Here are a few smaller stories from around the league today.
- The aforementioned 2010 NHLPA Rookie Showcase took place and while the event was meant mainly to provide photo opportunities for trading card companies, EA Sports also took the time to show off NHL ’11. This allowed Toronto Maple Leafs 2009 first round pick (remember when they kept those?) Nazem Kadri to share traits not seen very often in hockey players: wit and charm. Here’s the video from The Score.
Kadri has more personality than Mattias Tedenby’s goofy “Dance” T-shirt.
- The Atlanta Thrashers and Nashville Predators completed a minor trade today, as the Predators received defenseman Grant Lewis for forward Ian McKenzie. Read more about it here.
- While he doesn’t write anything that is truly “groundbreaking,” Sportsnet’s Ian Mendes wrote a thoughtful piece on the “battle between bloggers and mainstream media” today. It’s obvious that Mendes himself finds the squabble a little tiresome, but it’s always good to see a fair article about the subject from a mainstream writer. Click here to read the story.
- Stomach flu makes Lightning’s Johnson a surprise scratch 0
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 5
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 8
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 11
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8
- Could Vermette land in Washington? 6
- Pens confirm Maatta has the mumps 5
- As holiday roster freeze approaches, Bruins linked to Oshie, Kassian 27
- Video: Pacioretty taken to hospital, reportedly no hearing expected for Stoner after questionable hit 33
- Video: Canadiens honor long-time captain Saku Koivu 2