Aug 31, 2010, 1:00 AM EST
Even in the depressingly hockey-free summer, we expect to be a productive bunch here at Pro Hockey Talk. Sometimes it might be difficult to follow our pace. We understand that. For that reason, whenever we can, we’ll put all of the day’s stories in one convenient post called the PHT Nightcap. Enjoy, hockey fans.
Speculating on what’s next for the NJ Devils – My prediction: headaches either way.
Keith Yandle reflects on playoff loss, improving Coyotes defense – Their D was pretty stout during the regular season but was a bit porous during the playoffs.
Tom Kostopoulos is excited by Hurricanes’ chances – I’m excited that I won’t have to spell his last name again for a while.
Coyotes re-sign Lee Stempniak to two-year deal – It seems like he’s staying in Phoenix because the market was pretty dry, but it would be great if it worked out for both sides.
Rangers sign Tim Kennedy – Good for Kennedy. I wasn’t sure he’d land another NHL job.
Blues sign David Spina – Please tell me his nickname is “Spina Tap.”
New ownership group reportedly close to buying Coyotes – I’ll believe it when I see it.
Trading card companies gather top rookies – It’s nice to know card companies still … you know, exist.
Briere stays small – Seriously, not enough was made of his great playoff run.
League hopes to improve programming, NHL Network – I’ll probably watch it a lot either way, but better programming certainly would keep me coming back for more.
Ilya Kovalchuk’s second contract still under review – And so the Ilyawn saga continues.
Antti Niemi is supposedly on the verge of making a decision – Could be interesting to see if he finds a good fit with an NHL team.
Andrei Markov starts skating again - Montreal’s going to need their best offensive defenseman back next season, so this is a good sign.
Paul Bissonnette returns to Twitter – Hilarity (and hoarding?) ensues …
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 2
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 7
- Ryan Murray has knee surgery, likely done for season 1
- Washington finally signs top prospect Kuznetsov 31
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 29
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 66
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 27
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 32
- Goalie nods: Luongo’s first game back with Panthers, Neuvirth makes Sabres debut 14
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 21
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (66)