Aug 30, 2010, 11:12 AM EDT
If reports are to be believed, WKBW out of Buffalo is reporting that free agent forward Tim Kennedy, who’s been searching for a new team after being waived by the Buffalo Sabres, is going to sign a contract with the New York Rangers.
If he signs with the Rangers, he’ll provide some improved forward depth to the team as well as adding fuel to the fire for Rangers fans who are champing at the bit to have Glen Sather sign restricted free agent defenseman Marc Staal. The Rangers are woefully thin with scoring talent up front and Kennedy will at least give them another guy capable of putting up 15 goals in a season. He’s not a dynamic player, but he’s a hard worker and the type of player that head coach John Tortorella goes wild for.
- It’s Ottawa Senators day on PHT 1
- Report: Leiweke to head up Olympic bid in Los Angeles 11
- In praise of John Tavares 14
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 26
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 19
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 39
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 55