Aug 30, 2010, 11:12 AM EDT
If reports are to be believed, WKBW out of Buffalo is reporting that free agent forward Tim Kennedy, who’s been searching for a new team after being waived by the Buffalo Sabres, is going to sign a contract with the New York Rangers.
If he signs with the Rangers, he’ll provide some improved forward depth to the team as well as adding fuel to the fire for Rangers fans who are champing at the bit to have Glen Sather sign restricted free agent defenseman Marc Staal. The Rangers are woefully thin with scoring talent up front and Kennedy will at least give them another guy capable of putting up 15 goals in a season. He’s not a dynamic player, but he’s a hard worker and the type of player that head coach John Tortorella goes wild for.
- Report: Flyers will buy out Briere, Bryzgalov another story (Updated) 19
- Report: Flyers, Ducks talking about Bobby Ryan 39
- Marchand accuses ‘kitty cat’ Shaw of eye gouging 75
- Quenneville says Hossa is ‘likely’ to play Game 4 8
- Datsyuk announces three-year, $22.5 million extension with Red Wings 11
- Bruins go ‘above and beyond’ to take 2-1 series lead 46
- Chicago’s powerless power play — it’s a problem 4
- Discuss: Bruins smother ‘Hawks, take 2-1 series lead 92
- Marian Hossa won’t play in Game 3 11
- Report: Flyers, Streit agree to four-year, $21 million deal 39
- LIVE: Spurs-Heat, Game 6
- Can Heat focus enough to avoid elimination?
- CSN: Bruins' defense never rests in Game 3 win
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- PFT: Freed Johnson wants second chance in NFL
- PBT: Judges rules Iverson did not kidnap children
- PFT: Rodgers says Packers' moves a 'wake-up call'