Aug 30, 2010, 11:12 AM EDT
If reports are to be believed, WKBW out of Buffalo is reporting that free agent forward Tim Kennedy, who’s been searching for a new team after being waived by the Buffalo Sabres, is going to sign a contract with the New York Rangers.
If he signs with the Rangers, he’ll provide some improved forward depth to the team as well as adding fuel to the fire for Rangers fans who are champing at the bit to have Glen Sather sign restricted free agent defenseman Marc Staal. The Rangers are woefully thin with scoring talent up front and Kennedy will at least give them another guy capable of putting up 15 goals in a season. He’s not a dynamic player, but he’s a hard worker and the type of player that head coach John Tortorella goes wild for.
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 16
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 46
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 16
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 44
- Devils post-Martin Brodeur era about to truly start 9
- Report: Rangers expected to announce captain on Thursday 12
- Snider: Flyers not hiding behind ‘horrible mistake’ of signing Bryzgalov 21
- P.K. Subban: ‘I’m not trying to change the game of hockey’ 24
- Demand for Canucks tickets plummeting according to broker 39