Aug 30, 2010, 11:12 AM EST
If reports are to be believed, WKBW out of Buffalo is reporting that free agent forward Tim Kennedy, who’s been searching for a new team after being waived by the Buffalo Sabres, is going to sign a contract with the New York Rangers.
If he signs with the Rangers, he’ll provide some improved forward depth to the team as well as adding fuel to the fire for Rangers fans who are champing at the bit to have Glen Sather sign restricted free agent defenseman Marc Staal. The Rangers are woefully thin with scoring talent up front and Kennedy will at least give them another guy capable of putting up 15 goals in a season. He’s not a dynamic player, but he’s a hard worker and the type of player that head coach John Tortorella goes wild for.
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 2
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 2
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 15
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 32
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 15
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 15
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 4
- NHL on NBCSN: Rangers, Canadiens seek edge as divisional battles intensify 2
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 11
- Video: Tempers boil over between Capitals, Penguins 46