Aug 30, 2010, 11:12 AM EDT
If reports are to be believed, WKBW out of Buffalo is reporting that free agent forward Tim Kennedy, who’s been searching for a new team after being waived by the Buffalo Sabres, is going to sign a contract with the New York Rangers.
If he signs with the Rangers, he’ll provide some improved forward depth to the team as well as adding fuel to the fire for Rangers fans who are champing at the bit to have Glen Sather sign restricted free agent defenseman Marc Staal. The Rangers are woefully thin with scoring talent up front and Kennedy will at least give them another guy capable of putting up 15 goals in a season. He’s not a dynamic player, but he’s a hard worker and the type of player that head coach John Tortorella goes wild for.
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 26
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 75
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50