Paul 'BizNasty' Bissonnette makes his (triumphant?) return to Twitter, discusses homeless people and hoarding
Aug 30, 2010, 11:45 PM EDT
It’s been a pretty busy week or so for enforcers and Twitter. Eight days ago, Cam Janssen and Krys Barch made waves when they essentially made a date for a fight via the 140-character-based social network. Fans of silly Twitter updates made by guys who give and receive knuckle sandwiches will be delighted to find out that Phoenix Coyotes bruiser Paul “BizNasty” Bissonnette returned from his month-long Twitter hiatus tonight.
Clearly not afraid of attention, Bissonnette openly referenced the forced-hibernation from status updates by using the name “BizNasty2point0″ and a “Free Biz Nasty” poster as his avatar image.
Here is a screen capture that will give you a nice idea of some of the … content he’s been releasing so far. Notice the ridiculous PT cruiser featured as his background image.
(click to enlarge)
On one hand, this is awesome. Hockey players rarely show much personality, at least when there is a microphone, camera or notebook around. Whenever you can crawl inside the twisted heads of guys who grew up in farm areas in Canada or frozen climates in Europe, greatness ensues.
At the same time, the situation sort of reminds me of moments when a friend of average comical ability stumbles on a great joke but you just know he or she will drive it into the ground. That being said, if writing really strange Tweets about hoarding and homeless people constitutes beating a dead joke horse to death, then I’m not going to complain.
- Under Pressure: Turris, MacArthur & Ryan 1
- It’s Ottawa Senators day on PHT 7
- Report: Leiweke to head up Olympic bid in Los Angeles 11
- In praise of John Tavares 14
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 26
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 19
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 39
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47