Paul 'BizNasty' Bissonnette makes his (triumphant?) return to Twitter, discusses homeless people and hoarding
Aug 30, 2010, 11:45 PM EDT
It’s been a pretty busy week or so for enforcers and Twitter. Eight days ago, Cam Janssen and Krys Barch made waves when they essentially made a date for a fight via the 140-character-based social network. Fans of silly Twitter updates made by guys who give and receive knuckle sandwiches will be delighted to find out that Phoenix Coyotes bruiser Paul “BizNasty” Bissonnette returned from his month-long Twitter hiatus tonight.
Clearly not afraid of attention, Bissonnette openly referenced the forced-hibernation from status updates by using the name “BizNasty2point0″ and a “Free Biz Nasty” poster as his avatar image.
Here is a screen capture that will give you a nice idea of some of the … content he’s been releasing so far. Notice the ridiculous PT cruiser featured as his background image.
(click to enlarge)
On one hand, this is awesome. Hockey players rarely show much personality, at least when there is a microphone, camera or notebook around. Whenever you can crawl inside the twisted heads of guys who grew up in farm areas in Canada or frozen climates in Europe, greatness ensues.
At the same time, the situation sort of reminds me of moments when a friend of average comical ability stumbles on a great joke but you just know he or she will drive it into the ground. That being said, if writing really strange Tweets about hoarding and homeless people constitutes beating a dead joke horse to death, then I’m not going to complain.
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 8
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 8
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 20
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 71
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)