Paul 'BizNasty' Bissonnette makes his (triumphant?) return to Twitter, discusses homeless people and hoarding
Aug 30, 2010, 11:45 PM EDT
It’s been a pretty busy week or so for enforcers and Twitter. Eight days ago, Cam Janssen and Krys Barch made waves when they essentially made a date for a fight via the 140-character-based social network. Fans of silly Twitter updates made by guys who give and receive knuckle sandwiches will be delighted to find out that Phoenix Coyotes bruiser Paul “BizNasty” Bissonnette returned from his month-long Twitter hiatus tonight.
Clearly not afraid of attention, Bissonnette openly referenced the forced-hibernation from status updates by using the name “BizNasty2point0″ and a “Free Biz Nasty” poster as his avatar image.
Here is a screen capture that will give you a nice idea of some of the … content he’s been releasing so far. Notice the ridiculous PT cruiser featured as his background image.
(click to enlarge)
On one hand, this is awesome. Hockey players rarely show much personality, at least when there is a microphone, camera or notebook around. Whenever you can crawl inside the twisted heads of guys who grew up in farm areas in Canada or frozen climates in Europe, greatness ensues.
At the same time, the situation sort of reminds me of moments when a friend of average comical ability stumbles on a great joke but you just know he or she will drive it into the ground. That being said, if writing really strange Tweets about hoarding and homeless people constitutes beating a dead joke horse to death, then I’m not going to complain.
- Stars win one night after Peverley collapse, give Miller first Blues loss 3
- Crosby, Pens continue recent dominance of Ovechkin, Caps 19
- Terry Trafford’s body found in Michigan on Tuesday 8
- PHT Extra: What happens if the Caps miss the playoffs? 17
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 6
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 57
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 11
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 27
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 19
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (70)
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter (60)