Paul 'BizNasty' Bissonnette makes his (triumphant?) return to Twitter, discusses homeless people and hoarding
Aug 30, 2010, 11:45 PM EDT
It’s been a pretty busy week or so for enforcers and Twitter. Eight days ago, Cam Janssen and Krys Barch made waves when they essentially made a date for a fight via the 140-character-based social network. Fans of silly Twitter updates made by guys who give and receive knuckle sandwiches will be delighted to find out that Phoenix Coyotes bruiser Paul “BizNasty” Bissonnette returned from his month-long Twitter hiatus tonight.
Clearly not afraid of attention, Bissonnette openly referenced the forced-hibernation from status updates by using the name “BizNasty2point0″ and a “Free Biz Nasty” poster as his avatar image.
Here is a screen capture that will give you a nice idea of some of the … content he’s been releasing so far. Notice the ridiculous PT cruiser featured as his background image.
(click to enlarge)
On one hand, this is awesome. Hockey players rarely show much personality, at least when there is a microphone, camera or notebook around. Whenever you can crawl inside the twisted heads of guys who grew up in farm areas in Canada or frozen climates in Europe, greatness ensues.
At the same time, the situation sort of reminds me of moments when a friend of average comical ability stumbles on a great joke but you just know he or she will drive it into the ground. That being said, if writing really strange Tweets about hoarding and homeless people constitutes beating a dead joke horse to death, then I’m not going to complain.
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 0
- As Bolts deal with illness, extra day of rest could prove beneficial 5
- Sounds like it’s Rundblad, not TVR, in for Chicago on defense 14
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ 34
- Report: Sharks to name DeBoer head coach 12
- Video: Lundqvist helps lead Rangers back to New York for Game 7 5
- Lightning get taken to ‘school of hard knocks’ in third-period collapse 11
- A storm brewing: Rangers rally to force Game 7 with Lightning (Video) 11
- Video: Lundqvist stones Stamkos with left-pad save 0
- Bob Clarke really doesn’t care for tanking 37
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)