Aug 30, 2010, 4:22 PM EDT
Chalk one up for the state of Arizona. No, not the Coyotes re-signing Lee Stempniak. In this case, Arizona native David Spina signing a contract with the St. Louis Blues. Spina spent the last three seasons in the AHL with the San Antonio Rampage and is likely headed to the AHL once again, only this time with the Peoria Rivermen.
Spina (Mesa, AZ) is looking to become the first NHL player born in Arizona to play in the NHL. Apparently it would’ve been too perfect to have him try and keep doing that in the Coyotes organization. At least they’ve got that pressure off of them now. Or something.
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 21
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 33
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 27
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother 25
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 24
- It’s Philadelphia Flyers Day at PHT 58
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 49
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 9
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 6