Aug 30, 2010, 4:22 PM EDT
Chalk one up for the state of Arizona. No, not the Coyotes re-signing Lee Stempniak. In this case, Arizona native David Spina signing a contract with the St. Louis Blues. Spina spent the last three seasons in the AHL with the San Antonio Rampage and is likely headed to the AHL once again, only this time with the Peoria Rivermen.
Spina (Mesa, AZ) is looking to become the first NHL player born in Arizona to play in the NHL. Apparently it would’ve been too perfect to have him try and keep doing that in the Coyotes organization. At least they’ve got that pressure off of them now. Or something.
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 17
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 6
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 4
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 28
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 48
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- Five big games to watch this weekend 8
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34