Aug 30, 2010, 4:22 PM EST
Chalk one up for the state of Arizona. No, not the Coyotes re-signing Lee Stempniak. In this case, Arizona native David Spina signing a contract with the St. Louis Blues. Spina spent the last three seasons in the AHL with the San Antonio Rampage and is likely headed to the AHL once again, only this time with the Peoria Rivermen.
Spina (Mesa, AZ) is looking to become the first NHL player born in Arizona to play in the NHL. Apparently it would’ve been too perfect to have him try and keep doing that in the Coyotes organization. At least they’ve got that pressure off of them now. Or something.
- Stomach flu makes Lightning’s Johnson a surprise scratch 0
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 5
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 8
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 11
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8
- Could Vermette land in Washington? 6
- Pens confirm Maatta has the mumps 5
- As holiday roster freeze approaches, Bruins linked to Oshie, Kassian 26
- Video: Pacioretty taken to hospital, reportedly no hearing expected for Stoner after questionable hit 33
- Video: Canadiens honor long-time captain Saku Koivu 2