Aug 29, 2010, 11:50 PM EDT
Even in the depressingly hockey-free summer, we expect to be a productive bunch here at Pro Hockey Talk. Sometimes it might be difficult to follow our pace. We understand that. For that reason, whenever we can, we’ll put all of the day’s stories in one convenient post called the PHT Nightcap. Enjoy, hockey fans.
Kirk Maltby close to re-signing with the Red Wings – You know, I was just going to say “Man, the Red Wings could really use another old guy …”
Paul Kelly thinks the NHL would be foolish to go after Marc Savard’s contract – How many messy situations will the league deal with?
Tim Kennedy is looking for a new team – It’s a tough time for marginal free agents, that’s for sure.
Columbus wants to find a role for Ken Hitchcock – I still think that he was just a scapegoat for a mess of an organization.
Senators team doctor in critical condition after car accident – Let’s hope he makes it through that.
Poll results: Paul Kariya is not a Hall of Famer – The majority of PHT readers agree with me that he’s not quite worthy of induction, but he definitely had a nice career.
Oilers sign Sam Gagner to two-year deal – Seems like a solid contract for both sides, all things considered.
Tuukka Rask hopes to bounce back from playoff disappointment – I doubt he could play much better than he did during the regular season, though.
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 45
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5