Aug 29, 2010, 11:50 PM EDT
Even in the depressingly hockey-free summer, we expect to be a productive bunch here at Pro Hockey Talk. Sometimes it might be difficult to follow our pace. We understand that. For that reason, whenever we can, we’ll put all of the day’s stories in one convenient post called the PHT Nightcap. Enjoy, hockey fans.
Kirk Maltby close to re-signing with the Red Wings – You know, I was just going to say “Man, the Red Wings could really use another old guy …”
Paul Kelly thinks the NHL would be foolish to go after Marc Savard’s contract – How many messy situations will the league deal with?
Tim Kennedy is looking for a new team – It’s a tough time for marginal free agents, that’s for sure.
Columbus wants to find a role for Ken Hitchcock – I still think that he was just a scapegoat for a mess of an organization.
Senators team doctor in critical condition after car accident – Let’s hope he makes it through that.
Poll results: Paul Kariya is not a Hall of Famer – The majority of PHT readers agree with me that he’s not quite worthy of induction, but he definitely had a nice career.
Oilers sign Sam Gagner to two-year deal – Seems like a solid contract for both sides, all things considered.
Tuukka Rask hopes to bounce back from playoff disappointment – I doubt he could play much better than he did during the regular season, though.
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 0
- As Bolts deal with illness, extra day of rest could prove beneficial 5
- Sounds like it’s Rundblad, not TVR, in for Chicago on defense 14
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ 34
- Report: Sharks to name DeBoer head coach 12
- Video: Lundqvist helps lead Rangers back to New York for Game 7 5
- Lightning get taken to ‘school of hard knocks’ in third-period collapse 11
- A storm brewing: Rangers rally to force Game 7 with Lightning (Video) 11
- Video: Lundqvist stones Stamkos with left-pad save 0
- Bob Clarke really doesn’t care for tanking 37
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)