Aug 29, 2010, 11:50 PM EDT
Even in the depressingly hockey-free summer, we expect to be a productive bunch here at Pro Hockey Talk. Sometimes it might be difficult to follow our pace. We understand that. For that reason, whenever we can, we’ll put all of the day’s stories in one convenient post called the PHT Nightcap. Enjoy, hockey fans.
Kirk Maltby close to re-signing with the Red Wings – You know, I was just going to say “Man, the Red Wings could really use another old guy …”
Paul Kelly thinks the NHL would be foolish to go after Marc Savard’s contract – How many messy situations will the league deal with?
Tim Kennedy is looking for a new team – It’s a tough time for marginal free agents, that’s for sure.
Columbus wants to find a role for Ken Hitchcock – I still think that he was just a scapegoat for a mess of an organization.
Senators team doctor in critical condition after car accident – Let’s hope he makes it through that.
Poll results: Paul Kariya is not a Hall of Famer – The majority of PHT readers agree with me that he’s not quite worthy of induction, but he definitely had a nice career.
Oilers sign Sam Gagner to two-year deal – Seems like a solid contract for both sides, all things considered.
Tuukka Rask hopes to bounce back from playoff disappointment – I doubt he could play much better than he did during the regular season, though.
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 16
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 46
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 16
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 44
- Devils post-Martin Brodeur era about to truly start 9
- Report: Rangers expected to announce captain on Thursday 12
- Snider: Flyers not hiding behind ‘horrible mistake’ of signing Bryzgalov 21
- P.K. Subban: ‘I’m not trying to change the game of hockey’ 24
- Demand for Canucks tickets plummeting according to broker 39