Aug 29, 2010, 11:50 PM EDT
Even in the depressingly hockey-free summer, we expect to be a productive bunch here at Pro Hockey Talk. Sometimes it might be difficult to follow our pace. We understand that. For that reason, whenever we can, we’ll put all of the day’s stories in one convenient post called the PHT Nightcap. Enjoy, hockey fans.
Kirk Maltby close to re-signing with the Red Wings – You know, I was just going to say “Man, the Red Wings could really use another old guy …”
Paul Kelly thinks the NHL would be foolish to go after Marc Savard’s contract – How many messy situations will the league deal with?
Tim Kennedy is looking for a new team – It’s a tough time for marginal free agents, that’s for sure.
Columbus wants to find a role for Ken Hitchcock – I still think that he was just a scapegoat for a mess of an organization.
Senators team doctor in critical condition after car accident – Let’s hope he makes it through that.
Poll results: Paul Kariya is not a Hall of Famer – The majority of PHT readers agree with me that he’s not quite worthy of induction, but he definitely had a nice career.
Oilers sign Sam Gagner to two-year deal – Seems like a solid contract for both sides, all things considered.
Tuukka Rask hopes to bounce back from playoff disappointment – I doubt he could play much better than he did during the regular season, though.
- Sakic: If we keep top pick, we’ll likely draft a forward 0
- Report: Flyers will buy out Briere, Bryzgalov another story (Updated) 26
- Report: Flyers, Ducks talking about Bobby Ryan 48
- Marchand accuses ‘kitty cat’ Shaw of eye gouging 80
- Quenneville says Hossa is ‘likely’ to play Game 4 9
- Datsyuk announces three-year, $22.5 million extension with Red Wings 12
- Bruins go ‘above and beyond’ to take 2-1 series lead 47
- Chicago’s powerless power play — it’s a problem 4
- Discuss: Bruins smother ‘Hawks, take 2-1 series lead 92
- Marian Hossa won’t play in Game 3 11
- Heat rally to beat Spurs in Game 6
- PBT: After blowing lead, can Spurs rebound in Game 7?
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- CSN: Patriots' Hernandez questioned in murder investigation
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- HBT: Mets' Wheeler goes six scoreless in MLB debut
- Lolo Jones' attempt at humor backfires