Aug 27, 2010, 11:55 PM EST
Even in the depressingly hockey-free summer, we expect to be a productive bunch here at Pro Hockey Talk. Sometimes it might be difficult to follow our pace. We understand that. For that reason, whenever we can, we’ll put all of the day’s stories in one convenient post called the PHT Nightcap. Enjoy, hockey fans.
Where could Bill Guerin play next season? – My vote is for the St. Louis Blues, but Guerin needs to keep his goals reasonable.
Scott Hartnell was almost traded for Sheldon Souray last season – No worries, the Flyers have plenty of expensive defensemen now.
Rangers’ Marc Staal hopes another team sends him an offer sheet – I’m really surprised that more teams haven’t sent offer sheets to put the heat on the Rangers and other struggling teams. Heck, the Hurricanes could use someone who actually, you know, plays defense …
Could a woman’s professional hockey league be in the works? - Hate to say it, but I find it hard to imagine a women’s league being economically feasible anytime soon.
Kovalchuk contract submitted for approval, NHL has five days to decide – Could we finally reach some closure on this wobbly topic? I’ll believe it when I see it.
Marc Staal’s agent says he wants to sign with Rangers – That might force the team to pay Wade Redden $6.5 million to play minor league hockey, though.
Nikolai Khabibulin found guilty of extreme DUI – He’ll face at least 30 days in jail. Yikes.
How the extreme DUI decision will affect the Bulin Wall – Expect a piece on the Oilers perspective tomorrow.
Paul Kariya won’t play next season; If he retires is he HHOF-worthy? – My vote is for “No” but he certainly had a great career. Good luck to him if he’s not done yet.
Daymond Langkow cleared for light skating - He still has a long way to go to recover from a scary injury.
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 32
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 3
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 57
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 29
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 47
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 9
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 78
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 22
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 36
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)