Aug 27, 2010, 11:55 PM EDT
Even in the depressingly hockey-free summer, we expect to be a productive bunch here at Pro Hockey Talk. Sometimes it might be difficult to follow our pace. We understand that. For that reason, whenever we can, we’ll put all of the day’s stories in one convenient post called the PHT Nightcap. Enjoy, hockey fans.
Where could Bill Guerin play next season? – My vote is for the St. Louis Blues, but Guerin needs to keep his goals reasonable.
Scott Hartnell was almost traded for Sheldon Souray last season – No worries, the Flyers have plenty of expensive defensemen now.
Rangers’ Marc Staal hopes another team sends him an offer sheet – I’m really surprised that more teams haven’t sent offer sheets to put the heat on the Rangers and other struggling teams. Heck, the Hurricanes could use someone who actually, you know, plays defense …
Could a woman’s professional hockey league be in the works? – Hate to say it, but I find it hard to imagine a women’s league being economically feasible anytime soon.
Kovalchuk contract submitted for approval, NHL has five days to decide – Could we finally reach some closure on this wobbly topic? I’ll believe it when I see it.
Marc Staal’s agent says he wants to sign with Rangers – That might force the team to pay Wade Redden $6.5 million to play minor league hockey, though.
Nikolai Khabibulin found guilty of extreme DUI – He’ll face at least 30 days in jail. Yikes.
How the extreme DUI decision will affect the Bulin Wall – Expect a piece on the Oilers perspective tomorrow.
Paul Kariya won’t play next season; If he retires is he HHOF-worthy? – My vote is for “No” but he certainly had a great career. Good luck to him if he’s not done yet.
Daymond Langkow cleared for light skating – He still has a long way to go to recover from a scary injury.
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 30
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5