Aug 27, 2010, 2:23 PM EST
Ilya Kovalchuk’s quest to re-sign with the New Jersey Devils may finally be at an end.
Yahoo’s Puck Daddy Greg Wyshynski and Fire & Ice’s Tom Gulitti are both reporting via Twitter that the NHL may given the approval to a contract for Ilya Kovalchuk with the New Jersey Devils. Keep in mind, there’s absolutely nothing confirmed here at all.
As always, this story is developing and things can change at a moment’s notice. Of course if you didn’t know that with this entire saga, you haven’t really been paying close attention. We’ll keep you posted nonetheless.
- Video: Canucks honor Quinn with “O Danny Boy” 6
- Video: Stars’ Klingberg scores from center ice 4
- Report: Alfredsson retirement to be announced Dec. 4 5
- On the odds of fighting back after Thanksgiving 7
- Why are the Oilers still bad? Look at their drafting 21
- The Leafs are worth almost seven times the Panthers, says Forbes 20
- Isles make some history; Are the Flyers headed for trouble? 43
- Crosby, Malkin power Penguins, help Fleury grab 300th win 7
- Sooner than later? Bruins GM hopes Chara can return in 10-14 days 1
- With worst save percentage in NHL, Oilers fire goalie coach 22
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (99)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)