Aug 27, 2010, 2:23 PM EDT
Ilya Kovalchuk’s quest to re-sign with the New Jersey Devils may finally be at an end.
Yahoo’s Puck Daddy Greg Wyshynski and Fire & Ice’s Tom Gulitti are both reporting via Twitter that the NHL may given the approval to a contract for Ilya Kovalchuk with the New Jersey Devils. Keep in mind, there’s absolutely nothing confirmed here at all.
As always, this story is developing and things can change at a moment’s notice. Of course if you didn’t know that with this entire saga, you haven’t really been paying close attention. We’ll keep you posted nonetheless.
- Marchand accuses ‘kitty cat’ Shaw of eye gouging 27
- Quenneville says Hossa is ‘likely’ to play Game 4 7
- Datsyuk announces three-year, $22.5 million extension with Red Wings 10
- Bruins go ‘above and beyond’ to take 2-1 series lead 44
- Chicago’s powerless power play — it’s a problem 4
- Discuss: Bruins smother ‘Hawks, take 2-1 series lead 91
- Marian Hossa won’t play in Game 3 11
- Report: Flyers, Streit agree to four-year, $21 million deal 39
- Playoffs Tonight: We’re tied going into Boston 9
- Writer: NHL playoffs are ‘annoying’ 79
- Can Heat focus enough to avoid elimination?
- CSN: Bruins' defense never rests in Game 3 win
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- PFT: Freed Johnson wants second chance in NFL
- PBT: Judges rules Iverson did not kidnap children
- PFT: Rodgers says Packers' moves a 'wake-up call'
- PFT: Beckham turned down chance to kick in NFL