Aug 27, 2010, 2:23 PM EDT
Ilya Kovalchuk’s quest to re-sign with the New Jersey Devils may finally be at an end.
Yahoo’s Puck Daddy Greg Wyshynski and Fire & Ice’s Tom Gulitti are both reporting via Twitter that the NHL may given the approval to a contract for Ilya Kovalchuk with the New Jersey Devils. Keep in mind, there’s absolutely nothing confirmed here at all.
As always, this story is developing and things can change at a moment’s notice. Of course if you didn’t know that with this entire saga, you haven’t really been paying close attention. We’ll keep you posted nonetheless.
- WATCH LIVE: Kings at Blackhawks 0
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 1
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 21
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 13
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 18
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 7