Aug 27, 2010, 2:23 PM EST
Ilya Kovalchuk’s quest to re-sign with the New Jersey Devils may finally be at an end.
Yahoo’s Puck Daddy Greg Wyshynski and Fire & Ice’s Tom Gulitti are both reporting via Twitter that the NHL may given the approval to a contract for Ilya Kovalchuk with the New Jersey Devils. Keep in mind, there’s absolutely nothing confirmed here at all.
As always, this story is developing and things can change at a moment’s notice. Of course if you didn’t know that with this entire saga, you haven’t really been paying close attention. We’ll keep you posted nonetheless.
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal 0
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 27
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 14
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 15
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 4
- NHL on NBCSN: Rangers, Canadiens seek edge as divisional battles intensify 2
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 11
- Video: Tempers boil over between Capitals, Penguins 46
- Isles’ Clutterbuck latest to be fined for diving 19
- No hearing scheduled for Kesler after ‘dirty play’ on Dorsett 23