Aug 27, 2010, 2:23 PM EDT
Ilya Kovalchuk’s quest to re-sign with the New Jersey Devils may finally be at an end.
Yahoo’s Puck Daddy Greg Wyshynski and Fire & Ice’s Tom Gulitti are both reporting via Twitter that the NHL may given the approval to a contract for Ilya Kovalchuk with the New Jersey Devils. Keep in mind, there’s absolutely nothing confirmed here at all.
As always, this story is developing and things can change at a moment’s notice. Of course if you didn’t know that with this entire saga, you haven’t really been paying close attention. We’ll keep you posted nonetheless.
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 9
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 10
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 20
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 72
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)