Aug 27, 2010, 7:10 PM EDT
While it’s not clear if this will result in Nikolai Khabibulin and the Edmonton Oilers’ worst nightmare, the news certainly isn’t good for the Russian goalie.
Arizona Republic sports reporter Sarah McLellan reports that Khabibulin was found guilty of all three charges related to an “extreme DUI” trial that ended today. McLellan points out that sentencing won’t actually occur until a “later date not yet determined” but Dan Tencer points out that he will face a minimum of 30 days in prison according to Arizona laws.
So, again, the details are still up in the air but one thing is clear: Nikolai Khabibulin will go to jail for at least a month because of these charges.
Check back in tonight as we discuss the possible fallout of the trial (including worst case scenarios if the judge throws the book at “The Bulin Wall”) and what it could mean for the Edmonton Oilers goalie situation.
- Silfverberg scores winner with 21 seconds remaining, Ducks complete comeback over Jets 4
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ 32
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 40
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 157
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup playoff action 7
- Tarasenko’s hat trick has the Wild singing the Blues 16
- Bishop records first career playoff win as Lightning even series with Red Wings 5
- Hartley fined $50,000 after brawl between Flames and Canucks 24
- Blackhawks’ Darling gets the nod for Game 3 29
- Watch Live: Bolts, Blues look to even up their respective series 0
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (159)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (98)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)