Aug 27, 2010, 7:10 PM EDT
While it’s not clear if this will result in Nikolai Khabibulin and the Edmonton Oilers’ worst nightmare, the news certainly isn’t good for the Russian goalie.
Arizona Republic sports reporter Sarah McLellan reports that Khabibulin was found guilty of all three charges related to an “extreme DUI” trial that ended today. McLellan points out that sentencing won’t actually occur until a “later date not yet determined” but Dan Tencer points out that he will face a minimum of 30 days in prison according to Arizona laws.
So, again, the details are still up in the air but one thing is clear: Nikolai Khabibulin will go to jail for at least a month because of these charges.
Check back in tonight as we discuss the possible fallout of the trial (including worst case scenarios if the judge throws the book at “The Bulin Wall”) and what it could mean for the Edmonton Oilers goalie situation.
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 61
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5