Aug 27, 2010, 7:10 PM EDT
While it’s not clear if this will result in Nikolai Khabibulin and the Edmonton Oilers’ worst nightmare, the news certainly isn’t good for the Russian goalie.
Arizona Republic sports reporter Sarah McLellan reports that Khabibulin was found guilty of all three charges related to an “extreme DUI” trial that ended today. McLellan points out that sentencing won’t actually occur until a “later date not yet determined” but Dan Tencer points out that he will face a minimum of 30 days in prison according to Arizona laws.
So, again, the details are still up in the air but one thing is clear: Nikolai Khabibulin will go to jail for at least a month because of these charges.
Check back in tonight as we discuss the possible fallout of the trial (including worst case scenarios if the judge throws the book at “The Bulin Wall”) and what it could mean for the Edmonton Oilers goalie situation.
- Video: Morrow’s goal off the foot stands after review 4
- Maloney signs long-term contract as Coyotes GM 7
- Playoffs Tonight: Penguins aim to finish off Senators 19
- Kings’ Quick ‘didn’t have to work hard’ in shutout win over Sharks 7
- Discuss: Kings dominate Game 5, one win away from Western Conference final 22
- Discuss: Red Wings take 3-1 series lead 65
- Discuss: Rangers stay alive with OT win 85
- What they’re saying about the Avs hiring Patrick Roy 9
- It’s official: Colorado names Roy sixth head coach in franchise history 56
- Couture accuses Kings captain Brown of diving 38
- Report: NHLPA director Fehr wants to address issue of fighting (113)
- Question for commenters: What, if anything, needs to be done about the officiating? (101)
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead (99)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (95)
- Discuss: Rangers stay alive with OT win (85)
- Watch LIVE: Pens-Sens, Game 5
- Tiger, LeBron and bids to be the best that ever lived
- PBT: Pacers must take back paint to beat Heat
- HBT: A-Rod sells Miami home for $30 million
- PST: Key battles for Champions League final
- Struggling Blackhawks on brink of elimination
- PHT: Wings push Blackhawks to brink | Highlights