Aug 27, 2010, 7:10 PM EDT
While it’s not clear if this will result in Nikolai Khabibulin and the Edmonton Oilers’ worst nightmare, the news certainly isn’t good for the Russian goalie.
Arizona Republic sports reporter Sarah McLellan reports that Khabibulin was found guilty of all three charges related to an “extreme DUI” trial that ended today. McLellan points out that sentencing won’t actually occur until a “later date not yet determined” but Dan Tencer points out that he will face a minimum of 30 days in prison according to Arizona laws.
So, again, the details are still up in the air but one thing is clear: Nikolai Khabibulin will go to jail for at least a month because of these charges.
Check back in tonight as we discuss the possible fallout of the trial (including worst case scenarios if the judge throws the book at “The Bulin Wall”) and what it could mean for the Edmonton Oilers goalie situation.
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 0
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 9
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 53
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 24
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 18
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 16
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 60
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)