Aug 27, 2010, 7:10 PM EST
While it’s not clear if this will result in Nikolai Khabibulin and the Edmonton Oilers’ worst nightmare, the news certainly isn’t good for the Russian goalie.
Arizona Republic sports reporter Sarah McLellan reports that Khabibulin was found guilty of all three charges related to an “extreme DUI” trial that ended today. McLellan points out that sentencing won’t actually occur until a “later date not yet determined” but Dan Tencer points out that he will face a minimum of 30 days in prison according to Arizona laws.
So, again, the details are still up in the air but one thing is clear: Nikolai Khabibulin will go to jail for at least a month because of these charges.
Check back in tonight as we discuss the possible fallout of the trial (including worst case scenarios if the judge throws the book at “The Bulin Wall”) and what it could mean for the Edmonton Oilers goalie situation.
- Ovechkin becomes fifth player to start career with 10 straight 30+ goal seasons 0
- End nearing? Lightning waive Nabokov 0
- Leafs scoring slump hits historical low 21
- Video: Rangers’ Lundqvist takes puck to the neck 10
- Zamboni driver arrested for DUI, allegedly cleaned ice surface while drunk 16
- Mike Richards trying to make the best of being sent to the AHL 14
- Price leads Habs past Caps with second straight shutout 10
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 5
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 27
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 61