Aug 26, 2010, 1:50 AM EDT
Even in the depressingly hockey-free summer, we expect to be a productive bunch here at Pro Hockey Talk. Sometimes it might be difficult to follow our pace. We understand that. For that reason, whenever we can, we’ll put all of the day’s stories in one convenient post called the PHT Nightcap. Enjoy, hockey fans.
Canucks sign Raffi Torres to one-year deal – As if Vancouver didn’t have enough grit to begin with …
Lack of Sheldon Souray trade is holding up other Oilers moves – Yep, getting rid of the $5 million-plus defenseman might be a good way to clear up space for other players.
NHL reportedly shoots down another Kovalchuk contract – Although Bettman & Co. deny the rejection. OK, then.
Jere Lehtinen still unsure about his playing future – Maybe it’s time for the great two-way Finnish forward to call it quits, then?
Lightning re-sign Steve Downie – I’m not a fan of his dirty hits and tomfoolery, but he does bring an awful lot more to the table than you’d expect on offense.
Will Roberto Luongo still be the Canucks captain? – Vancouver might be better off going in a different direction.
Kings hand Willie Mitchell to a two-year deal – His concussion issues make this a risky move, but it could pay out big dividends for LA.
AHL releases its 2010-11 schedule – 30 teams worth of minor league fun.
Lightning re-sign Randy Jones – Another busy day in a busy summer for new GM Steve Yzerman.
Kovalchuk update – Bettman denies … the denial. The KHL is still knocking on the door.
Donald Fehr reportedly accepts NHLPA head position – Cue Scooby Doo’s “ruh roh.”
Brian Burke explains the NHL’s Olympic doubts – When Burke speaks, something interesting usually happens.
KHL president is optimistic about improving their relationship with the NHL – Yet, no flowers or chocolates?
Sharks GM shoots down Owen Nolan, Antti Niemi rumors – Sorry, San Jose fans.
- Silfverberg scores winner with 21 seconds remaining, Ducks complete comeback over Jets 6
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ 51
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 52
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 160
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup playoff action 7
- Tarasenko’s hat trick has the Wild singing the Blues 16
- Bishop records first career playoff win as Lightning even series with Red Wings 5
- Hartley fined $50,000 after brawl between Flames and Canucks 24
- Blackhawks’ Darling gets the nod for Game 3 30
- Watch Live: Bolts, Blues look to even up their respective series 0
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (161)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)