Aug 26, 2010, 1:50 AM EDT
Even in the depressingly hockey-free summer, we expect to be a productive bunch here at Pro Hockey Talk. Sometimes it might be difficult to follow our pace. We understand that. For that reason, whenever we can, we’ll put all of the day’s stories in one convenient post called the PHT Nightcap. Enjoy, hockey fans.
Canucks sign Raffi Torres to one-year deal – As if Vancouver didn’t have enough grit to begin with …
Lack of Sheldon Souray trade is holding up other Oilers moves – Yep, getting rid of the $5 million-plus defenseman might be a good way to clear up space for other players.
NHL reportedly shoots down another Kovalchuk contract – Although Bettman & Co. deny the rejection. OK, then.
Jere Lehtinen still unsure about his playing future – Maybe it’s time for the great two-way Finnish forward to call it quits, then?
Lightning re-sign Steve Downie – I’m not a fan of his dirty hits and tomfoolery, but he does bring an awful lot more to the table than you’d expect on offense.
Will Roberto Luongo still be the Canucks captain? – Vancouver might be better off going in a different direction.
Kings hand Willie Mitchell to a two-year deal – His concussion issues make this a risky move, but it could pay out big dividends for LA.
AHL releases its 2010-11 schedule – 30 teams worth of minor league fun.
Lightning re-sign Randy Jones – Another busy day in a busy summer for new GM Steve Yzerman.
Kovalchuk update – Bettman denies … the denial. The KHL is still knocking on the door.
Donald Fehr reportedly accepts NHLPA head position – Cue Scooby Doo’s “ruh roh.”
Brian Burke explains the NHL’s Olympic doubts – When Burke speaks, something interesting usually happens.
KHL president is optimistic about improving their relationship with the NHL – Yet, no flowers or chocolates?
Sharks GM shoots down Owen Nolan, Antti Niemi rumors – Sorry, San Jose fans.
- Here’s latest on coaching searches in Buffalo, San Jose and New Jersey 0
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 7
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 19
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 15
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 61
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 60
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 9
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)