Aug 25, 2010, 11:35 AM EDT
We just wanted to remind everyone that for the fourth straight year, NBC will be bringing you the Game of the Week and later on today we’ll have the schedule for which games we’ll be covering this season.
Once again, we’ll be using the “flex schedule” to determine which games will be covered. What that means is there will be a handful of games picked out each Sunday in 2011 that we’ll be choosing from to broadcast. Well, James and I won’t be choosing the games, but we think you know what we’re saying.
The NHL is expected to release the national TV schedule at 2:00 PM Eastern today. Keep your eyes peeled here to find out where we’ll be heading to this season. If you didn’t know already, the first NBC game we know of will be the 2011 Winter Classic from Heinz Field in Pittsburgh between the Washington Capitals and the Pittsburgh Penguins on New Year’s Day.
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 6
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 27
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 42
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 39
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 69
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 3
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Lucic regrets handshake-line actions, but isn’t apologizing (58)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)