Aug 25, 2010, 11:35 AM EDT
We just wanted to remind everyone that for the fourth straight year, NBC will be bringing you the Game of the Week and later on today we’ll have the schedule for which games we’ll be covering this season.
Once again, we’ll be using the “flex schedule” to determine which games will be covered. What that means is there will be a handful of games picked out each Sunday in 2011 that we’ll be choosing from to broadcast. Well, James and I won’t be choosing the games, but we think you know what we’re saying.
The NHL is expected to release the national TV schedule at 2:00 PM Eastern today. Keep your eyes peeled here to find out where we’ll be heading to this season. If you didn’t know already, the first NBC game we know of will be the 2011 Winter Classic from Heinz Field in Pittsburgh between the Washington Capitals and the Pittsburgh Penguins on New Year’s Day.
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 3
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 15
- Blues prevail in longest game in franchise history as Steen scores in third OT 6
- Video: Sharks’ Brown runs Voynov into Quick, scrum ensues 2
- Opportunistic Rangers pull away from Flyers, take 1-0 series lead 53
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 1) 1
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 1) 1
- Report: Hextall ‘in the mix’ for Vancouver GM job 25
- Fuel, meet fire: Torres to return for Sharks-Kings Game 1 11
- FYI: Hartnell and Voracek have black beards now 39