Aug 25, 2010, 11:35 AM EST
We just wanted to remind everyone that for the fourth straight year, NBC will be bringing you the Game of the Week and later on today we’ll have the schedule for which games we’ll be covering this season.
Once again, we’ll be using the “flex schedule” to determine which games will be covered. What that means is there will be a handful of games picked out each Sunday in 2011 that we’ll be choosing from to broadcast. Well, James and I won’t be choosing the games, but we think you know what we’re saying.
The NHL is expected to release the national TV schedule at 2:00 PM Eastern today. Keep your eyes peeled here to find out where we’ll be heading to this season. If you didn’t know already, the first NBC game we know of will be the 2011 Winter Classic from Heinz Field in Pittsburgh between the Washington Capitals and the Pittsburgh Penguins on New Year’s Day.
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 5
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 3
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 46
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 72
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 22
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 36
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 16
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 52
- Wild get Stewart as Buffalo-to-Minnesota pipeline continues 55
- Jordan Leopold’s daughter may have orchestrated the Minnesota trade 18
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder (72)