Aug 25, 2010, 11:35 AM EDT
We just wanted to remind everyone that for the fourth straight year, NBC will be bringing you the Game of the Week and later on today we’ll have the schedule for which games we’ll be covering this season.
Once again, we’ll be using the “flex schedule” to determine which games will be covered. What that means is there will be a handful of games picked out each Sunday in 2011 that we’ll be choosing from to broadcast. Well, James and I won’t be choosing the games, but we think you know what we’re saying.
The NHL is expected to release the national TV schedule at 2:00 PM Eastern today. Keep your eyes peeled here to find out where we’ll be heading to this season. If you didn’t know already, the first NBC game we know of will be the 2011 Winter Classic from Heinz Field in Pittsburgh between the Washington Capitals and the Pittsburgh Penguins on New Year’s Day.
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 15
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 5
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 4
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 28
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 48
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- Five big games to watch this weekend 8
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Minnesota leapfrogs Chicago in the Central Division (57)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)