Aug 25, 2010, 11:35 AM EST
We just wanted to remind everyone that for the fourth straight year, NBC will be bringing you the Game of the Week and later on today we’ll have the schedule for which games we’ll be covering this season.
Once again, we’ll be using the “flex schedule” to determine which games will be covered. What that means is there will be a handful of games picked out each Sunday in 2011 that we’ll be choosing from to broadcast. Well, James and I won’t be choosing the games, but we think you know what we’re saying.
The NHL is expected to release the national TV schedule at 2:00 PM Eastern today. Keep your eyes peeled here to find out where we’ll be heading to this season. If you didn’t know already, the first NBC game we know of will be the 2011 Winter Classic from Heinz Field in Pittsburgh between the Washington Capitals and the Pittsburgh Penguins on New Year’s Day.
- GM Wilson: It’s too early to tell if Hertl’s season is done 8
- A month later, Martin Erat still wants to be traded 9
- Devils lose Brunner for at least four weeks 0
- Video: Ovechkin becomes sixth fastest player to 400 goals in Caps win 14
- TGIF: Five NHL games to watch this weekend 16
- Assault charges against Varlamov dropped 37
- Carlyle on HBO presence: ‘It’s not normal what we’re living right now’ 7
- Orpik: First days after Thornton attack were ‘miserable’ 71
- Video: Dustin Brown ejected for kneeing, Tomas Hertl won’t return (update) 66
- No supplemental discipline for Caps’ Wilson 33
- Updated: NHL suspends Thornton 15 games for Orpik attack (155)
- Reports: Thornton will appeal 15-game suspension (108)
- Lucic addresses fight video, says he’s ‘disgusted and outraged’ by Vancouver (104)
- Cam Neely questions length of Thornton’s suspension (78)
- Video: Penguins defeat Leafs, Bortuzzo called for illegal hit to head (71)